View Single Post
      09-15-2022, 04:07 PM   #19
spiff56747
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshoemaker0512 View Post
Hello, i know this may be years later but i am having the same issues, my local mechanic cannot seem to duplicate the issue, it has happened to me twice, when i start the car it shakes, no acceleration and i get the drivetrain malfunction warning. I then turn the car off, wait a few minutes, restart and it seems to be OK, it will get me home. I do notice the car shakes a little when driving and the idling is not ideal. The mechanic states scan DME for faults and data, found the same 2 faults have returned, they contacted tech support, next step will be to replace the eccentric shaft & bearings, eccentric shaft servomotor, harness to DME, 50/50 chance this is the issue and cost will be 9-10k - he also stated the 4351 has a very complicated engine, anyone else come across this? only has 56k miles
WTF? Your post is a few months old but,,,, they should be able to tell for sure if it's the valvetronic system before spending that much. I had the motor, shaft, oil nozzle, and 1 injector (due to exceeded torque) replaced, and the code I had was

133B04 - Valvetronic system ; no adjustment possible.

They have to do additional testing after getting that code though to be sure if that's the issue, using a test plan.

There can also be another related code

133E10 - Valvetronic system: deactivated , adjustment fault too frequent

The engine is complex, one factor for that is it uses the intake valve timing for controlling the throttle, thank the Germans for this "innovation" The older engines in the 90s for example did not have valvetronic and some did not even have Vanos... less power but avoided issues like this.
Appreciate 0