United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_du View Post
Hawk makes pads for the 330 sliding caliper rear in pretty much any of their compounds you want. You just need to find a shop that can order direct from them. I ran the DTC 30 for some time. It's much more aggressive and has a higher temperature threshold than the DS2500, so it should pair a little better with the DS UNO pads you have. Incidentally, that's exactly the setup for pads I'll be running next time at the track, I just don't know when that'll be.
If you want, here's the Hawk part number for the rear DTC30 pads for the sliding caliper:

HB765W.664
Why would someone need to find a shop that can order direct from Hawk? There are dozens of retailers who sell Hawk pads.
The reason would be that it's hard to find any place that has or offers the rear sliding piston standard M Sport caliper pads in any track oriented compounds. However if the place you're getting them from knows how to order or has a contact at Hawk, they can put the right part number for the compound you want. That may or may not be the case now for these or other pads as this was a few years ago. From what I understand trying to order them through VAC, they talked with their contact at Hawk, and it seemed pretty much any pad shape they have can be ordered for any compound they have, there just needs to be the right specification in the part number. I think the 3rd letter, which is the 6th digit in hawk's part numbers, specifies the compound. I found some places either didn't know how to do this, didn't want to or just didn't have the contact to figure it out.
Certainly not many places carried the track oriented pads for the sliding rear calipers back in 2017 when I started tracking. There's more availability now. So perhaps more places can get the compounds you want.
Btw, I posted the front pad part number by accident previously. I've corrected the number. But I've just done a little looking and it seems this part number is no longer valid. It looks like it's replaced by: HB835R.649
Also of note, that part number is for the Street Race pad. I don't remember why I went with that at the time, but it's the same compound as the DTC30. The difference is the street race pads are chamfered, have backing plates and may have the balancers on them. The full race pads are bare bones track pads. So I got the DTC30 fronts and Street Race rear then. Same compounds, different pad structure.
Appreciate 3
Itogliano103.00
Tobz_au245.00