SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurKing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo12 View Post
We are meant to be going to Alicante 17th back Christmas Eve, all double and booster jabbed apart from 15 year who has had only the one, so depending upon what Spain classes as fully vaccinated she might not meet fully vaccinated status.

Also Christmas is probably cancelled if you have to sort a PCR at 3:00 Christmas Eve afternoon and isolate until a result.

Had quite a shitty year and was looking forward to a break before Christmas but thinks it's looking doomed!
I’m not even going to bother booking a trip abroad for next year, this new variant means 6+ months of on/off restrictions so I just can’t be arsed worrying about whether I have to wear a mask everywhere I go or whether I have had my 14th booster just to go in the first place.

People tend to book over the winter for summer holidays so another bleak year for the travel industry.
Problem is I don't see how the position will be any different next year now, given how nervously people jump on the mask-wearing&restrictions bandwagon at the sound of the latest 'concerning' variant. Seems to be little willingness to break the cycle or accept that at some point we need to get on with life…
Appreciate 0