Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
Exactly same thing just happened to me.
Owned car for 2.5 yrs and never had an issue (and never even heard of it before, previous cars never been a problem).
Got in it to go to work a few days ago and it was like it all of a sudden had a large prostate....fluid dribbling out rather than spraying all over the screen.

Tried the "disconnect pipe and blow down it" - didn't work
Tried the "attach tyre inflator and shove 3psi down it" - got lots of bubbling with some blueish crud appearing and worked for about 2min only, then back to 'old man dribble'
Tried diluting out mixture - didn't work
Tried drain unblocker and left overnight - didn't work, even after driving to work and having it slosh around for 30min or so.
Currently nothing comes out at all, but at least I can hear the motor working...

Have just bought that hose adapter so my next plan will be:
1) disconnect as before and fully agitate tank contents with tyre inflator for a minute or two
2) Use adapter to connect water hose and immediately flush system (and hopefully suspended gunk) out for 1/2 hr

If this doesn't work I'm booking it in with the stealers or an indie (anyone know the prices they charge?)

If it does work, I've already ordered 10L of the blue BMW screenwash from a dealership (Listers via eBay) so will use only this in future diluted 1:2
Too much hassle ^
I prefer to just let the Indy sort it out for £100 .. it’s not like it blocks up every year.
Appreciate 0