United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Yeah, wrapping the TIC would just force more heat into the intercooler and make it work even harder. It's kind of the opposite situation from the downpipe. I purposely ceramic coated my Fabspeed downpipe because I didn't want it giving off more of that really high heat in the engine bay near the turbo. Ceramic coating it helped it to sweep more heat down and out through the exhaust system.
I considered using exhaust wrap on my DP but i read a bunch of threads that recommended against it, mostly because moisure could become trapped and make things rust. I would also be a little concerned about potentially overheating the cat on really long pulls or hard driving but not sure about that part. If i was catless i would have definitely wrapped it.
The owner who ceramic coated my catted downpipe said that when he coats catless downpipes he does them completely inside and out. The ceramic coating discourages the metal from being a heat sink and flows the heat right through to the exhaust.

I did my DP in black a few years ago to fly under the radar. Looks more like a shadow underneath and doesn't stand out. But they have a lot more ceramic coating colors now. I snapped a photo that I will attach.

I'll post a link in case someone reading this is interested. They do great work and people ship them parts to coat all the time. They are in PA.

https://boneheadperformance.com/
Attached Images

Appreciate 1