12-19-2020, 10:15 AM   #13
brigade24
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 X-dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherhef View Post
In the front and without camber plates? Or are you just saying 165+ just on rear? Wasn't really wanting to get into suspension mods because I won't have the car long term. Same reason why I'm just considering some new wider rubber and wheels, which I'll be able to sell eventually and get back some without having to spend much time or money uninstalling parts.

Edit for extra info: Also, to my knowledge, a tire performs better when a tire has a slight stretch so there isn't as much rollover. (I could absolutely be wrong)
255s is the max you can fit in the front without suspension mods or plates. keep in mind that i am xdrive so my stock springs are different than yours. your ride hide may be lower since you're rwd which is something to consider. The rear can be significantly wider...you can easily run a 265 in the back if you are limited to 9".

you're partly right about rollover...depends on the sidewall characteristics of the tire. stretch matters alot less with a stiff sidewall (i.e. RE71R) than with a soft sidewall (i.e. Continental DW) so there are few factors to look at.
Appreciate 1