View Single Post
      03-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #66
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
Yes, of course they did not release a brake upgrade option on the E9X M3. They have just begun this trend of offering factory performance upgrades on all their models. This entire process is new. You never saw this option on E30's, E34's, E38's, etc, etc. This is all being started with the outgoing of the E9X models and is just now coming into it's own.

It's a little unfair for you to discredit BMW for not doing something 10 years ago that they just started. Is it unfortunate? Yes. But until now they must not have seen a market for it. How is that hard to understand? It's just how they had never offered an M SUV before.

Also, to clear something up...Unfortunately you do now own a "subpar" product. The F30 is better in every way. I'm not sure why you expect your one generation old 3 series to be better than the new. You should be happy for the progress of the brand.

You own an E9X M3...why are you complaining? You won't have any trouble fending off F30's on the track.
I think the growth of the brand is great and yes my 335i is essentially "subpar". The M3, not even close. It's yet to be proven that the F80 M3 with the projected V6 turbo is any good. I'm sure it will be, otherwise BMW would catch a bunch of crap about it sucking. I was just making a point that there's a gap in the release of the F80, so why not market some M upgrades to keep people interested in the meanwhile.

As for saving money, these brakes are probably going to cost almost as much as buying an aftermarket BBK. Like most other BMW upgrades, the price is high, the performance gains low, but you get the reassurance of your warranty.

I'm actually excited about the M Performance vehicle line. It's a nice compromise, and if released, I'll probably buy an X3 M Performance to replace my "subpar" 335i.