View Single Post
      07-26-2017, 08:11 PM   #1
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

6MT clutch and flywheel Upgrade?

Hey guys it's you're boy Chicken_Joe, you already know what it is........

Seriously though, I was at a stop light and took off a bit vigorously, not flooring it in 1st as I blow the tires off. Changed to second and floored it, hit 3rd and floored it again and then all of a sudden my rpms shot up and the car didn't go any faster. No tire spin that I could feel so that let me to believe that my clutch was slipping.

Questions:

1. Is there some sort of sensor on the 6MT that acts in the same way the 8AT does that limits the torque or prevents it from hurting itself if it senses too much power?

2. I'm fairly sure my clutch slipped? What are your thots????

3. Assuming I need to get a new clutch it would be wise to upgrade. I was looking at the following
---> Spec stage 2+ rated for 545 lb ft.

4. Should I upgrade my flywheel along with it? Options I have are;
---> Spec Aluminum (14lb) Flywheel or the Spec Steel (22lb) flywheel.

Has anyone had issues like this before? If you have what did you do to correct the issue? (No I'm not going to pussy foot my car, I drive it hard.)

What other options are there for clutch and FW upgrades. I would like to maintain stock-ish drivability but gain some performance in the tranny department. I don't launch control my car anymore due to having had the transmission replaced due to a bad 2nd gear synchronizer.

Also, while my car is in the air I was thinking of buying a new slave cylinder and trying to do the CDV mod on a new OEM part and then install it later. Has anyone done this to theirs? I know the CDV is located inside the slave cylinder on the F30 so I understand the task at hand. Would deleting the CDV make my car more prone to tranny issues later on even with the upgraded parts?

Thnx 4 Halp frenz
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, PS1, GFB DV , BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP, VRSF 5.5in Stepped FMIC, Dinan Shockware. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Conti DWS06 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 0