View Single Post
      07-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #15
Tchao
Boost Addict
Rep
Drives: E30, E82, F30, F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissalexx_ View Post
I'm shifting at WOT (from 2nd to 3rd) and the car doesn't speed up, but the rmps still climb if I continue to press the gas pedal.
Mods include: DP, CP, JB4
That is because our stupid CDV is slipping the clutch for us. We cannot aggressively shift fast at all.
Real clutch slip is like what others have said, if you lay into it when in 4th or 5th, and it starts slipping. Thats when you need to upgrade the clutch itself.

So Ive been researching the CDV quite a bit, looks like all E9x slaves bolt up, this is becuase the updated P/N for E-series is our F3x slave. So they definately bolt right in. Problem is we will need to source the older metal slave cylinders which has an external CDV, and need to source the older slave line. You can still find the metal E9x slaves online new, but I cannot seem to find the clutch line for it (new).....

ChickenJoe:
Can you provide any info on this CDV mod for our F-series built-in CDV?

The only option I see currently is to have a hydraulic shop make me a new line from master cylinder to slave.

Also anyone know if the E46 slave is the same as the E90? I hope so because then we can get those new and for cheap.

Also#2.....the E82 (1-series) slave seems to be different than the E90's....they do not have a superseding P/N for the F-series slaves.
Appreciate 1