10-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #13
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
Who did the install for all your parts?
I did. I have now removed and reinstalled the IC and CP twice. The first time everything seemed to be OK, but the connection from the VRSF CP to VRSC IC was a bit loose. After installing, doing logs on stock tune, then doing logs on stage 1 tune and seeing i was not reaching targets, i did a ton of research on boost leak testing and correct/larger Orings. I ordered the larger Orings (as described here https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7#post25350827) and removed and reinstalled everything. I am now using a larger Oring on the CP-IC connection and CP-TB connection. They were much harder to install that way, but the connections felt much tighter (notably the CP-IC connection which was way too loose/easy with stock Oring, and as i describe there the VRSF CP was much tighter on the stock IC than the VRSF IC with stock Oring, so i can only conclude the VRSF IC was ever so slightly smaller diameter than stock IC).

Anyways, after reinstalling everything with the larger Orings, the logs looked exactly the same. Reset adaptations, logs looked the same.

I also verified everything i could think of when reinstalling:

- Teflon taped and tightened charge pipe plugs
- Inspected the small Orings on 8AT vacuum line and MAP sensor in CP
- Made sure the coupler that joins the CP pieces together was over the lip on both top and bottom and both clamps are very tight
- All clips are in place, etc.

The only thing i did not do was test the IC for leaks, which i regret not doing at this point. I noticed out of the box the IC appeared to have a small defect (along with some bent fins), but i didnt think anything of it. See attached picture below (the "bubble" is not just paint, it is the metal itself).

I did not remove the TIC pipe for this install. I tried to make a boost leak tester was but unsuccessful so far (https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8#post25343308). I am going to try and revise and redo this when i have time again to be 100% certain on no boost leaks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
harkes1071.50