View Single Post
      06-14-2021, 08:44 AM   #4
Shady67
Private
Rep
Drives: '19 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
i believe the rear springs of the 5-22 & 6-22 are the same so just order the 5-22 front springs and swap them out when you receive them. going lower than eibach will result in your adaptive dampers wearing out quicker.

the 6-22 is still immensely better than a stock x-drive and is definitely liveable(imo) until your 5-22 front springs arrive.
The dampers wearing out quicker is definitely something I'd like to avoid. I know that Dinan and ACS have springs for the adaptive suspension, but I haven't been able to find out if they work on xDrives, or if the drop is any better than the Eibachs.

Is it possible to order just the 05-22 fronts, or would I need to order the full set?

Thanks for the help btw, I've done some research on the forum and your posts have always helped me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucks View Post
I ordered the 05-22 from tunershop as well and verified the correct front spring numbers before install. I also installed new front oem adaptive struts. car is lower in front, but not as low as i had expected it to be. i chalk it up to the new struts in the front. still have some ugly fender gap between the tire and fender. has me looking at the H&R sport springs for xdrive...but not sure i want to trash my ride quality just yet. Just fyi, you may still be disappointed with the 05-22.
Unfortunately Tunershop sent me a set of Citroen springs instead of the 05-22s. I reached out three times and they only responded 1 month later when I finally threatened them with a credit card chargeback. It sucks that they're essentially the only vendor that has these springs.

The H&R springs have the perfect drop imo, and I had a set on my previous car (428i coupe), but the ride was absolutely horrible. Can I bother you for a picture of your setup? If it's not a drastic difference, it might not be worth the additional ~$600 to buy/install the 05-22s.
Appreciate 1