09-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #188
Infamouz627
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport EBII 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by elschap29 View Post
I'm on my 2nd week with a 2013 328i. Overall, coming from a Jeep Grand Cherokee, it's been a really exciting experience driving this car everyday, but I've had the following 3 main issues:

1.) The back left taillight popped out the second day that I had the car as I've seen posted by some others in this thread. Dealer replaced, but it took 2 days to get it back.

2.) Engine braking/downshifting. I'm on the 8spd auto, and I don't know if this is just due to my inexperience at driving a sports car, but I'm not used to the rather significant engine braking that I experience when driving the car at low speeds/city driving. It's as if the second I take my foot off the throttle, the car is automatically braking itself. Anyone know whether or not this is a normal condition that I am just oversensitive to?

3.) BT syncing with Galaxy Note 2. 80% of the time it works perfectly, but the other 20% of the time when I start the car up, I get a message that "Unable to connect to previously paired device..." The phone reports being connected and all good to go with the bmw during these times, not sure what the problem is
To address point #2. I also noticed this when I first got into my F30. Wasn't quite sure if it was normal and was pretty paranoid that it might be damaging something everytime I felt this intense pull from engine braking. I can't say I've gotten used to it but it doesn't seem like there's much that can be done besides not driving slow lol. Unfortunately for some of us who are constantly in urban city areas it's difficult because there are constant red lights, stop signs, crazy people crossing streets when they're not supposed to and eventually traffic. If you or anyone else can figure out how to make the transition more smooth, I'm all ears!
Appreciate 0