View Single Post
      10-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #173
RogHer
Banned
Rep
Drives: R 310.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdk42 View Post
My 335i is up for renewal (5 years old and funded via company car allowance, rules of which are that car needs to be <5 years old). I've struggled to get enthused with current cars from the usual suspects (BMW, Audi etc) so went looking for something a bit different.

Had a drive of the Tesla Model 3 and was sufficiently impressed to put a deposit down. It's refundable so I've not 100% committed yet. Am I mad?

It drives nicely enough and is a beast for acceleration (0-60 in 4.3 secs for the dual motor long-range version). For only a little more you can get the Performance version which pushes that to 3.2s, but I need a tow-bar and the Performance doesn't include it.

Handling is not too bad - steering is very good as is grip (4-wheel drive) but it's a heavy car and it shows at times.

Interior is "different". Hardly any switchgear - just that big touchscreen. I reckon with 330ish miles range plus a growing network of superchargers I can live with it.

Thoughts?
Was talking to my neighbour last night on this very thing. He's hesitating on ordering one, although I understand there are some very attractive leases. I'd go for it. What could possibly go wrong?
Appreciate 0