Fplcman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435gc View Post
Agree with above.

It sounds like time and cash are not a hindrance. If the intent is to repair rather than sell, the cost difference will not be huge if done yourself, and it sounds like the desire for more power is there(blown engine usually means pushing the limits of safety for more hp).

Curious as to the conditions/circumstance to the engine's injury. What kind of boost levels were you running? any logs?
I did all the upgrades and was playing around at the drag strip with my son. I just had the OTS tune on it when I think it happened.

The story is...
Updated the XDI pump and turbo then went to the Strip. I still did not have the custom. the car ran great. On the way home it start to run bad. I pulled the spark plus and #5 had gas on it. So I replaced all the injectors thinking it was a leaking injector. It did run better but still not like before.
I was not driving it because the XDI pump was making a loud noise that I did not like. I would come home from work upload the updated tune and take it for a spin. Well it started to smoke and then I noticed oil coming out of the exhaust. So I did a compression test and #5 did not have anything....

I don't not want to replace the motor and rather get the special tools and just take it apart. Would be a fun project with my son.

So just upgrading the pistons if the cylinder wall is not messed up.

Anything else while I have it apart?

Here is the log that I did right after before I figured out that the #5 is bad.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5da4d8bfc090c64ea9e15669