Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
The following is just my opinion so take it as is.

The Macan S makes zero sense to me from a price point when new. It's a sub compact suv(less than 18cuft cargo) that costs 61k base with a color option and comes with cheap black plastic skirting like some low rent SUV. The stock wheels are also pretty ugh in real life. But it has a nice looking body so OK lets spruce it up. Move up to 20" wheels because they're the first non ugh option - 3k. Get rid of the silly black plastic skirting - 3.6k. Now our Macan S is almost 68k just to make it not look like some cheap SUV, but we still need to add all our packages to it.

So, why not just spend 3k more and get a GTS which includes all the body options to make it look nice, more power(and better motor on the 2020), better suspension and more packages. It baffles me when people are spending 75-85k on Macan S when that price almost always includes a pile of money to make it look similar to what a GTS looks like stock.

To summarize, it costs too much to make it look like it should and it does not look like it justifies its price when you don't.
The more I research the more I come full circle back to the M Sport X5. Yeah, it isn't the handling machine a Porsche is but same or less money and more room and comfort and I still get my power. I may be close to deciding. Big issue is - got a BMW lease thru June 15. Not sure of they ever let people out of a lease early with no penalty if they jump into another lease right away. If they did I think this would be in my garage next week.

If your planning on leasing again I recommend the X3 M40i. The GLC 43 is also very good as is the Macan, but neither car will lease as well. The X3 has plenty of power, the great I6, but will handle much better than the X5, and still has a very large cargo capacity and enough space. Materials will not be as nice on the lower areas where the X5 and 5er are typically soft-touch, and the interior design isn't as new or modern as the X5, but overall it will still be nice and will have better handling, steering, body control, etc. Either way X3 M40 or X5 40 are pretty good choices.

If you go the way of the Macan, I would find a lightly used 2019 S, or older GTS.
Appreciate 0