View Single Post
      09-27-2018, 09:20 AM   #12
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britton View Post
I had the exact same issue last year after BMW repaired my LPFP on my 2013 335i. My car stalled out of no where and towed to the dealership. Now the Dealership is saying that the reason my car stalled is because of the "built" in fuel sensor is failing on the left side of the tank and my gauge is reporting inaccurate fuel readings. Car stalls around 1/4 tank of fuel left, this doesn't happen all the time but mostly on longer road trips. They quoted me $1,900 for labor and a new fuel tank! Anyone know how I can diagnose this issue myself to make sure its the sensor and not the pump? I have accessed the hidden cluster functions on my dash and have been monitoring how many liters are in each side of the tank, just don't know what to do from here.
Well, if it's giving you inaccurate readings, then it's the sensor. It's on the LPFP, so the best process would be to get ISTA+ and run tests through there. That would help confirm the sensor and if you want to pull the pump, it's under the rear passenger seat. You will need the ring tool or some sort of makeshift one to unlock it. You could honestly replace your entire LPFP with a Stage 2 LPFP from Fuel it for $300 give or take $100 depending on what option you choose.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 1