AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaming.haze View Post
As others in this thread, I've had KermaTDI Tune Stage 1 and now am on to the Stage 2 + Transmission tune. Have a 2014 328d Wagon (non-msport). Both tunes improve the smiles per gallon and keeps the MPG at the same or higher rate compared to stock tune. I was on Stage 1 tune for ~25.5k miles. During that time it was great to have both in town / on the highway. Improved my MPG +~3MPG overall on the average. On one tank of fuel it was able to get me 750Miles / 50 MPG. More commonly on my previous commute, I was seeing between 42/44 MPG on the daily 40 miles.

Moving on to more current times, just as with any motor - diesels take a hit during the winter times if you live in the northern states (or Texas this year). Over the winter months on Stage 1 tune I was seeing ~ 36-41 MPG. Now that it is back to warmer weather MPG has gone back to a more normal state. Also, I have migrated across to the Stage 2 tune and currently been exploring how the car feels with the new tune. Going around town/highway I am seeing similar MPG (as long as I keep my foot out of it). On longer road trips, I am seeing ~ 42-44MPG. I've only been on stage 2 tune for ~1500 miles, but they have been more enjoyable miles as I've really gotten my foot into things more with the additional power available.

Towards the actual acceleration - both tunes are fantastic. Stage 1 was something I got very accustomed to and new how to really get into the power in the right sweet spot of the shifts. Was great in traffic along with on the highway sipping fuel. If you were cruising along at 75MPH in 8th gear and just started putting in some throttle it would be up to 100MPH with ease and comfort.

With the stage 2 tune, it continues to take what the stage 1 tune was brilliant at and keeps it going further. More power. More torque. Better feel of pushing into the back of your seat. Coming around a side street onto a main 2/3 lane road and giving it the beans really allows you to feel the cars turn in / grip on the road / AWD system putting in some work. On the highway, as above, if you are going 75MPH in 8th gear and put in some foot - 100MPH gets to you quicker than you'd expect and it will keep taking you upwards in speed if you have a long enough road.

Also with the stage 2 tune you have a transmission tune now. There are two different available tunes. 1st tune is one which will improve your MPG more and upshift into a higher gear quicker. For roads around my area, this wasn't a good fit due to highway driving around at ~45 MPH which is when the tune will shift the transmission into 8th gear. It did some levels of self learning over time, but it wasn't enough for me to get more comfortable with how I was driving. The 2nd tune is much closer to the OG normal tune you are used to on the 328d. It sacrifices a few MPG, but worth it to feel more within the powerband / right gear when moving about town.

Overall - both tunes are worthwhile and you'll enjoy what the car gets transformed into.
How's the car's reliability been after tuning? And what's your DEF consumption like?

I'm considering the tune but I'm worried about turning the car into an unreliable money pit (like my N54).
Appreciate 0