skier_du
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Yup, that metal wire would create some problems if it wore out from stress and puncture the tire. Still will be revisiting this when I have some time but in the mean time I did buy Porsche 911 GT3 brake scoops for $10 off FCP. I'll do any required trimming with the dremmel and somehow get it attached to the front control arms

Funny you should mention the GT3 ducts. I had them sitting in my garage for over a month. Finally got to install them last weekend before heading to Pocono for MPact. The plastic is soft, so they cut easily with a fairly sharp knife. No need to dremel; less cleanup. The rears almost clipped right on perfectly. I just had to make sure they angled correctly. I used strong zip-ties to hold them on and angle them correctly and hold it. Of the rears, only the tip of the passenger side needed a little trimming to clear the exhaust. Then I used some duct tape to cover the large holes to make them more efficient.
The fronts require more trimming to fit.
You can see an almost finished version next to the uncut one in the pictures. Be sure to use strong zip-ties because they most likely will hit something if the roads aren't perfect. Which I feel perfect roads don't exist in this world. Lol
I was careful to make some fine trimming to make sure the plastic edges weren't too close to any boots. This makes me feel better so I can be sure none of the boots will accidentally get cut. They get a little close to the axles on my xDrive, but like the rear, hey never touch. Again, used duct tape to cover the gaps.
I'd love to say how much they helped, but it was wet most of the day. Also, Pocono is much more easy on brakes than NJMP, where I usually go. So it's hard to say. But when it did start to dry up at the end of the day, my brakes seemed to hold up a little batter after the largest braking zone. I'm sure they are better than nothing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Solidjake945.00