View Single Post
      05-04-2018, 03:29 PM   #705
silentkiller.by
Registered
Rep
Drives: F33 435D gPower

Hi guys, initially I ordered 10" match subwoofer but then I decided to measure the trunk of my F33 and it seems it's not possible to open the roof with this sub in the trunk so I canceled the order and bought 8" instead. Unfortunately, it has only one speaker with 4 coils and it's really tiny. I received the sub today and connected it. Initially, I just connected it instead of underseat woofers/central speaker and was not impressed at all. In general I still think that this subwoofer is crap but it is the only one plag'n'play option for lazy people...
In order to connect the sub as addition to front speakers I had to reconnect the cables in harness, it's not that difficult if you know how to use youtube. Pin diagrams provided above helped me a lot but still I had to guess some things (e.g. left/right woofer in small connector).
At the moment I have front speakers and match 8" subwoofer connected to match 86 amp, after some configuration I was able to get relatively nice sound, there is no deep bass of course but there is some real punch (bass for me means that my eyeballs are shaking, punch is more a kidney kick from the back). In general, considering the size of the sub, I'm almost happy. Tomorrow I plan to buy proper power cable/fuse so this little amp can show its full potential. To be honest, this plag'n'play power connection sucks. This is quite obvious and I would recommend a separate power cable even without sub, I'm sure it will make a difference.

I will provide my final review a bit later when power cables are in place, maybe some config update will be needed afterwards.

Thank you guys, your input was really helpful!

Cheers from Munich,
Alex
Appreciate 0