View Single Post
      07-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #129
charmcitybryan
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive

First of all, really appreciate the effort that Jared put into developing this agent using RP. Awesome work.

I am having a similar problem to this post, but coming from an Android phone and curious if anyone might have any suggestions.

I purchased all of the originally suggested SD card and RP unit (3B). I downloaded the most up to date image and flashed it using disk imager. I plugged in the OBDII, plugged the ethernet into the RP, and plugged the RP into the USB. On my Pixel XL Android phone, I set up the wi-fi hotspot as "bootmod3" with password "bootmod3". I fired up the RP with everything connected and can confirm that the RP unit logs into the hotspot on the phone. I can also confirm that there is network activity from the OBDII to the RP as the network lights register activity when I plug it into the RP.

The problem is that when I open the Bootmod3 app on the Android phone, it does not connect to the OBD Agent. It seems like all of the other pieces of the puzzl are connected to each other so I am stuck on what it might be. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodtoGo View Post
Disable WiFi networking service in:
privacy > location services > system services

Follow startup sequence:

WiFi network active (home or phone hotspot)
Power up agent
Allow agent to connect to network (shows confirmation on iPhone for hotspot)
Open app
App login
Appreciate 0