View Single Post
      07-01-2016, 11:31 PM   #21
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenc51 View Post
I have been to the dentist regularly and irregularly. I personally hate the dentist because they always seem to want to scam you somehow to get that insurance payment. So it's not that I don't want to go or have a fear, it is just that my trust level is low, damn near nonexistent.
Not everyone needs ALL of their wisdom teeth out. However, most dentists love to recommend that shit even if you don't need it. That, and braces. According to them practically everyone needs braces.

The last time I was at the dentist was 2 years ago, and that was to have a extra tooth extracted that I had coming in. I had this done before in 2007 for one that came in on the top. It was a straight forward extraction...guy got some pliers, yanked it out, gave me gauze and prescription, sent me on my way.

This time it was for one on the bottom...this new dentist did almost the same procedure, except that after the extraction with me sitting in the chair blood dripping from my mouth, he tries to tell me I need some extra stuff and wants me to sign papers agreeing to it, all while the blood is pouring from my face. I refused to sign. That seemed totally unacceptable. Since then, I have not been to a dentist.

Don't get me wrong. I have better teeth than most. No cavities, straight, compliments on my smile all the time, they could use a good whitening, but I guess that's up to me. I seldom eat sweets and drink only water, and a cup of coffee here and there at work, brush often, and gargle with H2O2.
My girlfriend, however, is a stickler like some of you guys. So I now have an appointment at her dentist scheduled for this Wednesday
Pretty much all dental insurance sucks. Most of them cover around $1500 in work per year and 2 cleanings.

Just pay out of pocket.
Appreciate 0