F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Ioniq 5n
ARMA SPEED

08-07-2024, 05:11 PM   #23
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Agreed, my 320bhp Golf 8R is fast enough for sure. It's just the fun factor of these cars is rather addictive. Selfishly I have no real interest in electric cars TBH and its only the performance and responsiveness that attracts me..... they put a massive smile on your face. It needs to be the right EV for me to show any interest.
To get a similar powered petrol would cost a heck of a lot more but would cost a lot more to run. These EVs are cheap as chips to run given the performance from what I understand.

Regarding Musk's offerings, I've tried all 3 variants of the new Model 3 and for sure they are a very good car. The M3P is mental in Insane mode. Not sure how they compare to the old one, but this latest model is pretty good and pretty comfortable, handles well. But there is something about it that I cant warm to them. Too many about on the road, no indicator stalks, no dash in front, lack of HUD, no Apple carplay, no buttons or switches (and my Mk8 Golf got slated well for that, Tesla seem to get away with it). One other thing the Tesla on my salary sac is a lot more expensive than the 5 N (comparing like for like).

BTW I'm in North Wilts and not the south east. They binned off a lot of the speed cameras and safety camera partnership years ago.
However, truthfully I don't really speed, the wife wont let me for a start since I got caught a couple mph over and had to do a speed awareness course.
I know what you mean about the instant performance, I find the 400bhp porky Jag is pretty fast on its feet, and I sometimes forget when out in the 231bhp Mini that its nowhere near as quick to respond (but more fun to drive..)

No sal sac for me so its all my own money when I change mine. The reality is I wont need anything as big or fast, but I want decent comfort for 300 miles in a weekend, decent range and fast charging for same, and you have to enjoy what you drive...

ETA if you havent done a SAC in the last 2 years are you even a driver...?
Appreciate 1
dopper993521.50
      08-08-2024, 09:34 AM   #24
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
But there is something about it that I cant warm to them. Too many about on the road, no indicator stalks, no dash in front, lack of HUD, no Apple carplay, no buttons or switches
"There's something about it..." and then reels-off a long list

I'm on the same page. There's no doubt they're quick and efficient, but the minimalism is a big turn-off for me.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.

Last edited by Watsey; 08-08-2024 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
dopper993521.50
      08-08-2024, 09:46 AM   #25
martin10chk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 316i, F21 M135i (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
OK, i rephrase, you dont need the performance of either of them in the real world, especially as I think you live in the wonderful south east too!

Its a nice car and Musk is definitely off my " do business with" list after his interference this week (and fact his platform is being used to organise some of it!)
With you 100% on Musk/Tesla.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2024, 06:08 AM   #26
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [9.25]
IX  [8.67]