F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Future purchase - 320i GT
Studio RSR

04-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #23
ELNch
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320iGt xdrive M-sport

Hi Jed Flash. Here is some Pictures. Iphone quality, sorry about that.

Alcantara seats and headliners. Cybex sirona seat that you can turn 90 deg to make it easier to secure your child. And the last Picture is the winter setup. conti ice contact 225/55-17. You just cant beat that
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #24
Jed Flash
Rep
Drives: 320i GT Xdrive

So ive been down to the dealership this morning and have test driven a GT and this it answered a lot of questions that i had.

Im more than happy with the Msport stiff suspension - its so comfy compared to my Type R thats as hard as nails! So that made my decision not to bother with the deletion or the adaptive suspension.

Being 6ft4 and my wife being 6ft the main thing was knowing we has space in the car. The rear facing baby seat fitted behind my driving seat even with my seat fully back. I even tested to see if i could sit in the back behind the seat in my driving position and i was amazed that i could. My wife had loads of room. The car feels so roomy inside too and this one didnt even have the pano roof which thanks to everyone i have been tempted to order now.

Im thinking the lighter glacial silver for colour. Have been advised for london to get the auto folder mirrors by the dealer.

I Left informing the dealer that i was happy with the car but still looking elsewhere as its prob best i go and to the finnance when my wife is not arround.

Now its just time to try and negotiate a good deal. Ive been told i can get 6k off and maybe 7 if i negotiate hard. Then then just need to try and get 4th year warrenty and 5 year service pack thrown in i think they have a deal.

Ill keep you updated.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 01:48 PM   #25
lmcq784
Excited F34 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F34 (328iX GT M-Sport)

Glad you got to try it out, and see for yourself! The space of this GT is phenomenal.

Just fyi, with the extra incentives, I got the car below invoice. It was my second car with this dealership, I feel like sale manager and I have a good relationship, we negotiated to $500 USD above invoice (just to give him something), but then threw in the xDrive incentive and financing incentive from BMW corporate, so we ended up below invoice.

I don't know if you'll have different driving events in London or not, but usually here, you register, go and hear a short presentation, get to drive some cars, and get ~$1,000 USD taken off your next purchase as an incentive (and take home a "free" BMW insulated coffee mug). I think it's worthwhile to just ask your dealer if something like that is coming up - it's free money, why not?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 02:37 PM   #26
ELNch
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320iGt xdrive M-sport

When it comes to M-package on the Gt it is delivered with the stadard suspension. Not the sport suspenion. All xdrive models regardless of line or M-package have tougher/reinforced springs and shocks compared to a rwd standard.

Btw. is Bmw warranty different in each country?
We got 5 years/200 000Km. Standard here. and 5 years free maintenance/service
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 11:08 PM   #27
lmcq784
Excited F34 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F34 (328iX GT M-Sport)

wow, that's pretty sweet... here in the USA, we get 4yrs/50,000miles of warranty along with free service and maintenance, with the option of purchasing "Extended Vehicle Protection" programs, which has more limited coverage than original warranty.

But even if you bought the EVP, the highest it will go is 7yrs/100,000 miles (only roughly 160,000 km). We don't have anything that matches 200,000 km.

So within the 4 years, any routine maintenance you bring back to a BMW dealership should be free, including fluids (including regular oil changes), wipers, brake pads, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 05:06 AM   #28
BrasWien
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d xDrive GT Modern Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Flash View Post

Min grey vs glacial silver but haven't 100% made up my mind on this so any help would be great.
I'm particularly fan of mineral grey, I think this colour displays better the lines of the car.

Quote:

I really want xdrive and petrol as i don't do the miles needed to clear the Diesel filters which only leaves me with the 320i. What do people think of this engine?
Mine is a 320d xDrive and I like the engine. I like xdrive very much, both in snow / wet conditions and also because it makes amazingly stable fast curves.

Quote:
I also hate Autos and love the action of changing gears so am going to go with the manual option. am i mad?
I think so. But if you like it, do it. I love this BMW auto transmission because I can comfortably relax while cruising in highways, but it can become quite fun to drive in sport mode / manual shifting, mainly in the mountains, where manual shifting works better. You should test it in these conditions before deciding.

Quote:
What do people think about the options. I cant have them all but would have liked to pick the adaptive dampers, advanced speakers, pana roof but cant justify getting a 3 series up to £40k. what options did you not get but really wish you had?
I found standard speakers weak and opted for hi fi speakers. These are good, but I expected more. The equalizer is really poor (just low, mid, treble), but the sound is clear.

I strongly recommend the rear camera and park sensors. I don't doubt your ability to park, but many times I caught kids and dogs running behind the car - mirror visibility is really limited.

I just love the pano sunroof.

As the professional navigation comes with an extended display in the panel (between speed and RPM gauges), I opted not to have the HUD. Every time you turn the heated seats on your wife will give you a kiss.

In order to have more nice equipment, I sacrificed the colour and the xenon. I wish I had bought the xenon just because they look nice.

I made a more detailed comment on options here: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=953041
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:15 AM   #29
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
So ive been down to the dealership this morning and have test driven a GT and this it answered a lot of questions that i had.
The Pano roof is more for the passengers really, you will be busy driving/enjoying and feeling your head warm (maybe) - my wife is these days at the back travelling next to the baby so is back there were they make better use of the roof and light...

Did you get to try the automatic box?

Last edited by x-m4n; 04-20-2015 at 06:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #30
Jed Flash
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-m4n View Post

Did you get to try the automatic box?
Yes I tried the autobox and as much as its quick at the gears and smooth I just cant move from a manual.

I am going to the dealers again this weekend to look at 2 cars one in min grey and one is silver to see which I prefer.

Im not too fussed about the audio - with a baby in the car I wont be listening to it very loud and most of the time I listen to talk radio.

Im really looking forward to have a 4wheel drive car for those long drives to the Alps but will look into the winter tyres etc.

I just need to see if the offers I get from BMW work with my figures and see how viable a brand new model will be or if I need to sacrifice some extras and get a 2nd hand one.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 10:54 AM   #31
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELNch View Post
When it comes to M-package on the Gt it is delivered with the stadard suspension. Not the sport suspenion. All xdrive models regardless of line or M-package have tougher/reinforced springs and shocks compared to a rwd standard.
Whatever it is I'm fine with it. I think it's the perfect balance between ride comfort and driving dynamics. I wouldn't want it any stiffer on the roads I have to contend with.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 10:55 AM   #32
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
2nd hand one.
BMW Approved Used you mean I used that database to find an ex-demo with the specs I wanted, it helped me a lot to negotiate with my local dealer - he knew I could technically make a few calls and have a nice car delivered to my door... I also knew the best loan rate/deal I could get from a bank, it will help put things in perspective when you discussing BMW finance offers...
the more you know...

Last edited by x-m4n; 04-20-2015 at 11:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 02:01 PM   #33
Jed Flash
Rep

Quote:
BMW Approved Used you mean I used that database to find an ex-demo with the specs I wanted, it helped me a lot to negotiate with my local dealer - he knew I could technically make a few calls and have a nice car delivered to my door... I also knew the best loan rate/deal I could get from a bank, it will help put things in perspective when you discussing BMW finance offers...
the more you know...
Great idea re finding a good "approved car" to then use to negotiate the cost. I will look at good finance rates too but i feel at 5% BMW might actually be very competitive.

Will keep you all updated to what i mange to achieve. Does anyone know the UK lead time for a new car?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 02:53 PM   #34
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I will look at good finance rates too but i feel at 5% BMW might actually be very competitive.
3% is the norm in the US. You guys get boned on everything.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 11:50 PM   #35
granCLop
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 328xi GT

Glad the carseat fits behind the driver comfortably. Ours is in the center, and 2nd will be behind the passenger. The clek base is 14" and at its widest 17" so they'll fit side by side.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 05:05 AM   #36
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
3% is the norm in the US
3.6% 'ish seems to be a cheap loan around here these days.

Last edited by x-m4n; 04-21-2015 at 06:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 07:18 AM   #37
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
3.6% 'ish seems to be a cheap loan around here these days.
I got 2.74% 3 months ago. I could have had 1.75% through my credit union, but they didn't have linking with the dealer I went through, and the dealers they were affiliated with didn't have the car I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 09:11 AM   #38
Jed Flash
Rep

Off for a meeting with the BMW finance team tomorrow and will report back to what offer i can get for a £38k list car including the extras. Finger crossed as if i order now i should have for the summer n England ( yes we do get a few warms weeks).
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 09:28 AM   #39
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Off for a meeting with the BMW finance team tomorrow and will report back to what offer i can get for a £38k list car including the extras.
See if you can get target prices for the GT you want from a broker, like drivethedeal.com or broker4cars.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 10:41 AM   #40
Jed Flash
Rep

Cheers, Yep Ive got broker prices for the car and valuations for mine to negotiate part ex. Also some APR % for loans from elsewhere to try and get them to reduce theirs.
Appreciate 0