F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > crashed ( need advice)
GetBMWParts

03-01-2016, 03:40 PM   #89
southtxbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by __ View Post
Okay. It isn't shown on the estimate you posted, which I checked before I made my post and there is certainly nothing visible in the photos that would justify replacing the hood.
check the 3rd page of this thread. it's a pic of the estimate and it says "Rpr Hood".
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 03:52 PM   #90
//M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Brand new paint is cut and buffed with aggressive compound to remove orange peel and level the paint. Subsequent buffing and polishing removes the marks. It just looks like they haven't done the final polish yet. I wouldn't sweat this at all unless they claim it's "done". I doubt it is though since it wouldn't make sense to do a final polish and detail on a car that's sitting in the yard waiting for sign-off. If it's still like that when you pick it up, complain. If not, roll with it.
Your 100% right. I rushed when I looked, that's polish compound and it's clearly not done in that picture.

Hoods Aluminum, so it really should only be subjected to small repairs. I agree with the shop replacing it, it's the right thing to do.

FYI for everyone, less reputable shops sonetimes repair panels they're paid to replace, just something to watch out for. Logic is easy, depending on where your located those body workers are getting say $800 cash a week, a body panel can be $450 easily... A shop can afford to spend quite a few hours fixing a panel and come out ahead.

Last edited by //M; 03-01-2016 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0