F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > First time changing my ignition coil and valve cover gasket
proTUNING Freaks

04-13-2016, 08:33 PM   #1
frankiec02
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

First time changing my ignition coil and valve cover gasket

When my car was in the shop the mechanic said that my sixth ignition coil was misfiring and it was probably because of a bad valve cover gasket. The fault codes are 29d9, 29d2, 2a9a, and 2d06. I decided that I could do it myself and I started taking everything apart using a few different websites. I have two questions:
1) Which coil is the the sixth coil? In the first picture, is it the green or the yellow arrow?

2) In all of the videos I've seen and posts I've read all of them have you put the gasket in a recess on the valve cover and then put the valve cover back on the engine. If you look at the second picture, the one of my valve cover, it's smooth and there is nowhere for me to attach the gasket. Should I put the gasket on the engine and then put the valve cover back on? Is there a sealant or something that I should use?

Thank you for your help and this is my first post!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0