F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Why vote?
Extreme Powerhouse

06-07-2016, 06:19 PM   #23
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I don't understand the "go vote, because you have the right to vote" argument.

I am not going to vote for someone that I believe will be a horrible president, just because I have the right to vote.

I have just as much of a right not to vote, as I do to vote.
Fair point. Just don't complain when government policies don't work out for you.
      06-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #24
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I did
Attached Images

06-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #25
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I don't understand the "go vote, because you have the right to vote" argument.

I am not going to vote for someone that I believe will be a horrible president, just because I have the right to vote.

I have just as much of a right not to vote, as I do to vote.
Yeah..the thing is nowadays we vote for the lesser of the evils...so basically you are voting against what you think is the worst.
      06-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #26
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I was pleasantly surprised. Last time when I went around 6:30 I was ballot 12 going into the machine. This time I was 41 2 hours earlier

Walking over with wife now to deliver her mail in ballot
      06-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #27
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
The presidential nomination is just one of many things to vote on, at least in my county/state there were. However, most the positions i was voting for only had 1 person running. One day, I may go challenge the 90yo lady running for a public office just because I know i can outlast her. That way I can really stick it to the government by trolling e90post while on their dime; instead of contracting to the government and trolling e90post while on their nickel.

Edit: Forgot to add, if you dont vote, you cant bitch. And I love to bitch so thats why I vote.
I'm sure many of us think we'll run for local public office, myself included. But the financial payout is not worth it. The local SF Board of Supervisors is paid $110k a year. And you're termed out. I am 34 years old, just entering the height of my career...I will be making more than $110k a year for the next 10 years (knock on wood), so I'll be stupid to end my career now and work in what amounts to a term job that gets you nothing afterwards.

This is the main reason why here in SF, the local representative are so fucked up. If you look at their resumes, not a single one of them are employable in the real world. They are all literally unemployable, other than those with law degrees in the grievance industry.

They all have backgrounds in the "grievance" industry. Social work, Afro-Am studies, working with the homeless and the likes. Yes, there's an actual industry and course of studies that is the basis of spending other people's money and beating up organizations for not being PC.
      06-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #28
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I'm sure many of us think we'll run for local public office, myself included. But the financial payout is not worth it. The local SF Board of Supervisors is paid $110k a year. And you're termed out. I am 34 years old, just entering the height of my career...I will be making more than $110k a year for the next 10 years (knock on wood), so I'll be stupid to end my career now and work in what amounts to a term job that gets you nothing afterwards.

This is the main reason why here in SF, the local representative are so fucked up. If you look at their resumes, not a single one of them are employable in the real world. They are all literally unemployable, other than those with law degrees in the grievance industry.

They all have backgrounds in the "grievance" industry. Social work, Afro-Am studies, working with the homeless and the likes. Yes, there's an actual industry and course of studies that is the basis of spending other people's money and beating up organizations for not being PC.
The SF Board of supervisors? HAHA...would you even want to join that shit show? Oh man.
      06-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #29
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Fair point. Just don't complain when government policies don't work out for you.
They likely won't work out regardless.

The POTUS can only do so much. Local representatives on both the federal, state, and county level have a much more direct impact so naturally no one votes during those elections.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 09:54 PM   #30
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
They likely won't work out regardless.

The POTUS can only do so much. Local representatives on both the federal, state, and county level have a much more direct impact so naturally no one votes during those elections.
Exactly, and that's why voting state and local elected matter.
      06-07-2016, 10:08 PM   #31
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Life is about decisions. Which would be more fun, going to vote for the lesser of two evils or getting a routine colonoscopy.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2016, 05:51 AM   #32
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingobimmer View Post
Life is about decisions. Which would be more fun, going to vote for the lesser of two evils or getting a routine colonoscopy.
The colonoscopy has a greater chance of improving your life and the lives of the people around you.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 06:06 AM   #33
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingobimmer View Post
The colonoscopy has a greater chance of improving your life and the lives of the people around you.
They do share some characteristics.
In both cases, you are going to take it in the ass.
Both result in a more free flowing stream of shit.
Both make you wish you would never have to do it again, but you know you will, so you just dread the next time as soon as you're done.
      06-08-2016, 06:12 AM   #34
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
So the nominees are set, so I don't even feel there is a reason for me to even vote here in CA. I was planning on voting and wanted to but now feel like there is no reason to. It's so irritating that the results are in. The system should be changed where all the results from the earlier states are not revealed.
I don't think there is any way results from earlier states will be concealed. Some candidates inevitably need to drop out along the way. However, states that have no impact in the primaries always have the option to move up their own and vote earlier. Why not join the "Super Tuesday" bandwagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I was pleasantly surprised. Last time when I went around 6:30 I was ballot 12 going into the machine. This time I was 41 2 hours earlier

Walking over with wife now to deliver her mail in ballot
I always use mail in.
      06-08-2016, 08:18 AM   #35
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

It's like having to vote between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Appreciate 1