F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 328i Intake Issue
GetBMWParts

03-05-2017, 07:45 PM   #23
optimaxed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACR3597 View Post
Recently I purchased and installed the AWE Carbon Fiber air intake but also have the AWE cat back exhaust, downpipe, and JB4 on my car. When in sport mode and I do a hard acceleration my car usually does a backfire/burble noise when shifting gears. When I first got the intake installed and I'd do a sort of hard acceleration my car would make the backfire noise when shifting and would shift smoothly like normal. The next day though when I accelerate the car would make a weird backfire noise and it would sort of stutter when shifting. Additionally it seems the throttle response doesn't seem as good as it was before and seems like the car holds gears longer than usual.

Overall my car just doesn't seem to be running the same even though it seemed completely fine at first.

Any advice?
What did you mean by hold gears longer ? did it take more time to change up a gear, like the ECU held the timing to ensure the gear change was slurred ?
Appreciate 1
ACR359750.00