F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Windows not closing after Comfort Access

12-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #1
JimJimma
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320 GT

Windows not closing after Comfort Access

Hoping some one can point me in the right direction!

I have comfort access and when I unlock the car the front windows will both drop a little, they will then drop further when the door is opened. However they only go back up to the first position not all the way up when the door is closed and this is only if you have opened and closed the door. It has resulted in the windows being open slightly and and having to manually close them when I am in the car.

Further more they don't go up when locking the car! Not unless I hold the lock button down long enough to bring all the windows up, so when I just locked the car and didn't hold the button to fold the mirrors last night I cam out to some wet front seats this morning!

Please help!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #2
Billfitz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

It's normal for the windows to go down a quarter-inch or so when the door latch is lifted. If they didn't they'd hit the roof overhang when the door is opened and closed. It's not normal to have them open further when the door is opened, and they should go all the way back up when the door is closed. I can't comment on them not going up when the car is locked, as I never have mine open, but just as the mirrors can be coded to fold instantly when the lock button is pushed I suspect the windows could be as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 02:10 PM   #3
JimJimma
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
It's normal for the windows to go down a quarter-inch or so when the door latch is lifted. If they didn't they'd hit the roof overhang when the door is opened and closed. It's not normal to have them open further when the door is opened, and they should go all the way back up when the door is closed. I can't comment on them not going up when the car is locked, as I never have mine open, but just as the mirrors can be coded to fold instantly when the lock button is pushed I suspect the windows could be as well.
Thanks fir your reply. I have not had a car with frameless windows before but had kind of assumed that they dropped slightly to allow clearance from the seal. But I did think that they would close when the door had been opened and shut, or for the passenger window to return to fully closed when I drove off after only using the drivers door to get in!!
Appreciate 0