F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > VRSF Race Exhaust Review
ARMA SPEED

06-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
Ristau
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 540i XDrive

VRSF Race Exhaust Review

Hello bimmerposters,

after about a week and a half of struggles with Fedex and USPS, I finally managed to get everything installed as well as take a few pictures and videos for my new exhaust set up.

My initial thoughts on this race exhaust were as follows:

"Idle is still incredibly quiet (a good thing). Start up is a lot louder and sounds nice. It does drone, however, so this isn’t for the faint of heart. The most noticeable thing is the pops and back fires though. If you enjoy those, then you will LOVE this exhaust.

I will say I did kind of feel like I lost some power, but I also need new spark plugs, and it is almost 100°F today, versus mid to high 80s. Let me know if you have any questions! Like I said, videos and a full review coming soon."

I drove again last night after it cooled down to about 82 Farenheit and I can definitely say it was pulling harder than it ever has before. I love the new tone my exhaust has, especially in the low RPM range. Up top, it's relatively unchanged, except for louder. This causes much of the induction noise (stock intake for my car) to be droned out by the exhaust noise, but that's not really anything bad. Just new to me

Decibel Readings**:
** I do not think the app that I was using was working very well from my iPhone, because the values are relatively unchanged before and after, but audibly speaking, that is definitely NOT the case. It is MUCH louder.

Before (Stock muffler + VRSF Catless DP):
Idle (warm): 55 dB
Cruising: 68 dB
Flooring: 84 dB

After (VRSF Race exhaust + Catless DP):
Idle (warm): 51 dB
Cruising: 69 dB
Flooring: 88 dB

Pictures:

Videos:
I'm going to preface this by saying that the person who took my "after" videos didn't do a great job at starting or stopping when I asked, and he also took a few pictures instead of videos so some of the "before" clips are not matched to a proper "after." Sorry about that!

Closing thoughts:
This item is a very fair price in my opinion (feel free to check out the pricing on Tiago's thread). I wanted to do this upgrade because I felt like my car wasn't loud enough for my young tastes and was pleasantly surprised to feel a noticeable change in power.

Like I said before, however, this is going to make your car standout for how loud it is, and is not something I would recommend to someone who is looking for something subtle

Feel free to ask me any and all questions and I will do my best to answer them in a timely manner.
Appreciate 3
sspade2464.50
Gertsee51.00
      06-16-2018, 02:16 PM   #2
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Thanks so much for taking the time to take pictures and videos!

These are now available for preorder at a promotional discount on the website!

http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-stainle...335i-435i.html
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 08:48 AM   #3
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Nice review but are you driving with the hand brake on or is there some kind of issue with your cars brakes?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 11:51 AM   #4
Ristau
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
Nice review but are you driving with the hand brake on or is there some kind of issue with your cars brakes?
Hahaha nice catch. No, the rear brake sensors tripped, but I’ve had multiple people look at my rear brakes (that know what they’re talking about) and have assured me that the pads have a bit of material left. That being said, I will need to properly change them in the next month or two
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #5
Ristau
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humid Hummus View Post
werent you the guy that installed a dinan midpipe? do you still have that in place?
Wasn't me, sorry!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #6
yoon_209
Masterchief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' BMW M340i

so this is just a muffler delete?
      06-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #7
Ristau
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoon_209 View Post
so this is just a muffler delete?
Essentially. In my case, muffler and cat delete.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #8
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristau View Post
Hello bimmerposters,

after about a week and a half of struggles with Fedex and USPS, I finally managed to get everything installed as well as take a few pictures and videos for my new exhaust set up.

My initial thoughts on this race exhaust were as follows:

"Idle is still incredibly quiet (a good thing). Start up is a lot louder and sounds nice. It does drone, however, so this isn’t for the faint of heart. The most noticeable thing is the pops and back fires though. If you enjoy those, then you will LOVE this exhaust.

I will say I did kind of feel like I lost some power, but I also need new spark plugs, and it is almost 100°F today, versus mid to high 80s. Let me know if you have any questions! Like I said, videos and a full review coming soon."

I drove again last night after it cooled down to about 82 Farenheit and I can definitely say it was pulling harder than it ever has before. I love the new tone my exhaust has, especially in the low RPM range. Up top, it's relatively unchanged, except for louder. This causes much of the induction noise (stock intake for my car) to be droned out by the exhaust noise, but that's not really anything bad. Just new to me

Decibel Readings**:
** I do not think the app that I was using was working very well from my iPhone, because the values are relatively unchanged before and after, but audibly speaking, that is definitely NOT the case. It is MUCH louder.

Before (Stock muffler + VRSF Catless DP):
Idle (warm): 55 dB
Cruising: 68 dB
Flooring: 84 dB

After (VRSF Race exhaust + Catless DP):
Idle (warm): 51 dB
Cruising: 69 dB
Flooring: 88 dB

Pictures:

Videos:
I'm going to preface this by saying that the person who took my "after" videos didn't do a great job at starting or stopping when I asked, and he also took a few pictures instead of videos so some of the "before" clips are not matched to a proper "after." Sorry about that!

Closing thoughts:
This item is a very fair price in my opinion (feel free to check out the pricing on Tiago's thread). I wanted to do this upgrade because I felt like my car wasn't loud enough for my young tastes and was pleasantly surprised to feel a noticeable change in power.

Like I said before, however, this is going to make your car standout for how loud it is, and is not something I would recommend to someone who is looking for something subtle

Feel free to ask me any and all questions and I will do my best to answer them in a timely manner.
Sounds legit!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2018, 03:50 PM   #9
Stlthnmrdrd
1-800-STOCKAF
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 520i (Stock)

This shows how fabspeed is just overpriced
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 09:53 PM   #10
EssejM235
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpine white m235i

Since I never got a reply to VRSF's original thread regarding this, maybe I will have more luck here.

Since the pre-order page DOES NOT specify wether or not there is an option for cars with or without M-diffuser. Is there an option or will there be an option eventually?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 01:42 AM   #11
f32alex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14' F32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssejM235 View Post
Since I never got a reply to VRSF's original thread regarding this, maybe I will have more luck here.

Since the pre-order page DOES NOT specify wether or not there is an option for cars with or without M-diffuser. Is there an option or will there be an option eventually?
fairly certain the m sport and non m sport bumpers are the same exhaust layout, thats why you never see m sport and non m sport options for exhausts.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #12
EssejM235
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuph View Post
Quote:

fairly certain the m sport and non m sport bumpers are the same exhaust layout, thats why you never see m sport and non m sport options for exhausts.
There is a reason BMW has the option for an MPE with or without diffuser. Same goes for Fabspeed, and others. The difference is the 1"+ in the exhaust tip at the diffuser.

Hence why BMW sells the adapters to secure the MPE tips to a stock diffuser/stock exhaust. The difference is the length of the actual exhaust it's self.

I'm actually surprised VRSF doesn't specify this in the listing.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 10:15 AM   #13
Ristau
Private First Class
Rep

Fits my M Sport bumper, that's all i know xD
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #14
cngo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is a reason BMW has the option for an MPE with or without diffuser. Same goes for Fabspeed, and others. The difference is the 1"+ in the exhaust tip at the diffuser.

Hence why BMW sells the adapters to secure the MPE tips to a stock diffuser/stock exhaust. The difference is the length of the actual exhaust it's self.

Perhaps that's only the case for the F22/23? No need for VRSF to specify such a thing in their listing, seeing as their exhaust is for the F30/32.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #15
EssejM235
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cngo View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Perhaps that's only the case for the F22/23? No need for VRSF to specify such a thing in their listing, seeing as their exhaust is for the F30/32.
You're probably correct. I should have specified more clearly what it regards to. This is their thread for F22 that for some reason they have decided not to even reply to for the simple info for the F22 board, I thought beneficial to post rather than PM because it doesn't specify. It's the same copy pasted info.

Since they seem to be more active here, maybe they will be more likely to reply. Just seems like they're more worried about sticking the product out there more than they're are about the specifics of it.

Original thread-

Great news, we just received our production muffler delete! Our muffler delete is made from 304 grade stainless steel and incorporates a one of a kind cast stainless steel merge collector. These include a set of polished, 3.5" slant cut rolled stainless steel tips and will offer additional tip offerings in the future.

6/12 EDIT: We've found a test fitter and fitting is currently under way! Pre-orders are live on the website found on the link below with 3 existing tip finish options. Videos and installed pictures to follow shortly!

http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-stainle...bmw-m235i.html

Looking forward to a reply regarding this VRSF. Either this thread or the one they should be replying to.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #16
atyler0104
Rep
Drives: 2014 335XI

Combo deal DP and Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Thanks so much for taking the time to take pictures and videos!

These are now available for preorder at a promotional discount on the website!

http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-stainle...335i-435i.html
Any deal for the exhaust and catless DP?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 04:32 PM   #17
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
We've only accommodated the oem m-sport and non-msport bumpers with the standard diffuser. We have not confirmed fitment with the m-sport diffuser.

Once the product arrives we'll find someone that can test one for us.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 05:18 PM   #18
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for the review OP, glad you like it

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 10:49 AM   #19
streetrossi
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
We've only accommodated the oem m-sport and non-msport bumpers with the standard diffuser. We have not confirmed fitment with the m-sport diffuser.

Once the product arrives we'll find someone that can test one for us.
I just received mine today, but no install Instructions. Not sure where exactly to cut. Are instructions readily available?
      03-23-2019, 02:03 PM   #20
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

Now I know who I saw on i40 a hand full of times. You have seen me here and there haha. Come say hi
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, PS1, GFB DV , BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP, VRSF 5.5in Stepped FMIC, Dinan Shockware. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Conti DWS06 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 08:43 PM   #21
BigJack75
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Dream Car

Wait so this “exhaust” is just exhaust piping???? Wow! I hope it was cheap.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 07:46 AM   #22
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Incredibly restrictive....significant back pressure...I am pretty sure the stock cat back supports +550whp. Supported claims or just sales talk (I know how it is )?