F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW Remote & Connected Apps in Canada HELP
Extreme Powerhouse

06-07-2018, 07:39 AM   #67
Dreamerbimmer
Rep
Drives: 2016 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
For some reason, the search function within the BMW Remote app (iOS) no longer works. Anything I search for return a dialogue box indicating “no matches found”).

Anyone else?

Edited to add: installed app on a different iOS device and same issue.
Same here. I hope that means they are working towards a solution.

It's quite disapointing BMW is so slow to fix this issue. I would expect something like this from a Kia, but not from a premium brand.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 07:57 AM   #68
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 m40i

Thanks for confirming, Dreamerbimmer.

Either that or google’s backend/API has changed. No idea: I’m talking out of my butt here...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #69
rogermach5
Roger
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i X-Drive Cabriolet

New to this forum

Hi there,

I am so happy I found this forum, this is my very first post. I read a lot to get to the point where I am now. Thanks so much for sharing a lot of great information, it really helped me.

I must say that I am very disappointed to see how different the iOS Apps for Canada are in comparison to the iOS Apps in other parts of the world. I was so excited about ConnectedDrive when I picked up my 2014 428i X-Drive last week.

I was expecting that a company such as BMW could sustain a standard level across the world. Honestly, what we have available in Canada looks like what ConnectedDrive was in a distant past in other countries.

I confirm that I am experiencing the same problem as chatoyer, the search no longer works (iOS).

I also wanted to ask you if you can use the Other Apps function in the BMW Connected App? I only get an error stating there is no connection to the App Store. I tried other countries, but I get the same error. I hope the attached images can give you a better view of what I am referring to.

The only apps that work are the ones that came embedded such as Analyser ECO PRO, Webradio, Last Mile, etc.

What is currently working for me is:
- Track the vehicle position in the map
- Lock the vehicle
- Honk the horn
- Lights on
- Air conditioning (fan only)
- Embedded apps (BMW Connected App)

What is not working:
- Send location from Google Maps on a computer (nothing shows up under messages in my car)
- Search in the map only prompts an error message stating 'no matches found'
- A few days ago the search in the map was working, but when I hit send to car, nothing would show up under messages in my car either.
- Other Apps (BMW Connected App)

I hope that BMW Canada updates the App soon. I have seen the messages from Canadian33, is it still Q3 2018?

Thanks a lot for any help with that Other Apps function in the BMW Connected App.

Have a good one guys!

Kind regards,
Roger
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 10:55 PM   #70
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Roger, looks like you've got the same functions/capabilities as me (and same year car). What happens when you use a lightning cable to plug your phone into the USB porter under the arm rest? Do those apps (e.g., WebLocal, etc.) work then?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 11:50 PM   #71
rogermach5
Roger
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Roger, looks like you've got the same functions/capabilities as me (and same year car). What happens when you use a lightning cable to plug your phone into the USB porter under the arm rest? Do those apps (e.g., WebLocal, etc.) work then?
Hi Chatoyer,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

When I plug my phone into the USB port using a lightning cable, the embedded apps do work.

What I meant with my question was if anyone had luck accessing the BMW App Store under that button Other Apps. Mine always gives me an error saying that it was not possible to connect to the BMW App Store.

I have seen some videos on YouTube where people were showing the Apps available at the BMW App Store and there are some very interesting stuff such as: Apple Car Play, M Performance Lap Timer, etc.

I was under the impression that these apps would be available to purchase under a BMW App Store.

Anyway, are you able to see any additional App when you hit that Other Apps button?

Hey Chatoyer, what model and body style is your vehicle? Despite of that frustration with the ConnectedDrive I am so happy with my car. I really love it, I had a 2011 E90 328i 6spd Manual transmission before. Sold it with only 56,700km on the clock, it was an excellent car as well, loved the straight-six naturally aspirated engine. I have never driven anything like a BMW, I hope I will be able to keep at least one in my garage for my lifetime. I really wish we could get more manual transmissions options here in Canada.

Thanks again; have a good evening!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #72
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Roger -

I tested it out and same as you: no more apps available.

Mine is a 435 and I really like it. Even with the adaptive suspension, I wish the steering was like my previous E90 (also a 2011 328), but I’ve grown accustomed to it. Mine is also a 2014 and I’ve only got 33000km on it. Wish the doors were shorter. Parking is sometimes a challenge.

I’ve been tempted to look at a 2019 440 gran coupe, however.

Last edited by chatoyer; 06-09-2018 at 07:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #73
rogermach5
Roger
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hi Roger -

I tested it out and same as you: no more apps available.

Mine is a 435 and I really like it. Even with the adaptive suspension, I wish the steering was like my previous E90 (also a 2011 328), but I’ve grown accustomed to it. Mine is also a 2014 and I’ve only got 33000km on it. Wish the doors were shorter. Parking is sometimes a challenge.

I’ve been tempted to look at a 2019 440 gran coupe, however.
Hi Chatoyer,

The 435i is beautiful, congrats! I really like them, and that N55 engine is really impressive. I agree with you about the steering, it feels so different. Do you have that Variable Sport Steering option on yours? Mine came with that option, when I first drove my car, I was very impressed how quick and easy you can maneuver at low speed, but then driving on the highway it felt very similar to the E90 on the highway. It is still not that classic BMW steering feeling, but I guess it fells better than just having the electrical steering feeling. But I believe with the 2019 440 gran coupe you can probably adjust the steering to different modes, right? I think the 440 gran coupe is one of the most beautiful vehicles BMW produces nowadays. Please, send us some pictures if you decide to go with her.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 10:39 AM   #74
rogermach5
Roger
Canada
Rep

ConnectedDrive - Why don't we have the Office option in Canada?

Hi everyone,

I have been reading 3 years worth of discussion on how I could get my e-mail to display correctly on the iDrive system. My phone is an iPhone with iOS 11.4, I had no luck! I could get to display and read my text messages at the iDrive Office but not the email. I gave up on this, as it seems there is some sort of encryption problem between Apple and the iDrive.

I know that I can still get Siri to read and reply emails and text messages, but I was really willing to get the car functionality to work, since it was initially designed to do that.

Anyway, I just thought of sharing what the ConnectedDrive service does in the UK. They can read the emails under the ConnectedDrive Office, which is not available here in Canada.

It is really frustrating to see how different the service is in other parts of the world. Take a look at the attached screen shots.

Even our ConnectedDrive portal in Canada is so poor in comparison (attached), it basically allows to check the expiry date of our services, add an emergency contact number, add the drivers contact number and choose your preferred Service Centre. Really?!

In case you have luck getting your iPhone to display emails at the iDrive, please let me know.

Have a great weekend!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #75
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

email works for Andriod / Blackberry. It has never worked for the iphone for office in North America
      06-09-2018, 11:24 AM   #76
rogermach5
Roger
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
email works for Andriod / Blackberry. It has never worked for the iphone for office in North America
Thanks for your prompt response, if BMW Canada implemented that BMW Online Mail it would work independently from the phone as it is looks like it is an actual email client app.

I hope they do. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #77
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
What's not working for me currently:

App track current vehicle location
Feedback on remote commands (app shows Error Connecting but it was actioned at the vehicle end anyway)
AppleCarPlay won't pull up anymore (as of a week ago - haven't tried again)
Hello

Can you send me the last 7 of the VIN? The only issue that we are aware of is the send to vehicle not working.

I quickly checked our test vehicle and I was able to flash lights and locate the vehicle and received confirmation for both.

In terms of CarPlay, with recent iOS updates, you may need to unpair and repair the phone.
Canadian33
Any updates on send to car??
      06-25-2018, 01:58 PM   #78
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1 View Post
Canadian33
Any updates on send to car??
Issue is still be looked at by BMW AG. The issue that we are running into, is all resources are going into developing the Connected App for Canada.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 04:36 PM   #79
Toronto17
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 330i

Quote:
Issue is still be looked at by BMW AG. The issue that we are running into, is all resources are going into developing the Connected App for Canada.
Hi canadian33,

Just picked up my 2018 330i, just wondering if mine qualifies for all the app's functionalities. This is my first post, so i am unable to PM apparently. VIN ends in *A614446. I downloaded the remote app and the connected app. The connected app does not seem to have any login page and does not show any of my info. Fuel amount, mileage etc.

Thanks!

Last edited by Toronto17; 06-25-2018 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 02:14 PM   #80
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto17 View Post
Hi canadian33,

Just picked up my 2018 330i, just wondering if mine qualifies for all the app's functionalities. This is my first post, so i am unable to PM apparently. VIN ends in *A614446. I downloaded the remote app and the connected app. The connected app does not seem to have any login page and does not show any of my info. Fuel amount, mileage etc.

Thanks!
Hello,

Based on the VIN you provided, your vehicle has ConnectedDrive Professional meaning you have full functionality.

The Connected Classic app facilitates the ability to use 3rd part apps like spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, etc via the iDrive system. This is done through an A4A interface.

The remote app will require you to log in with your ConnectedDrive username (email based) and passcode. Once logged in you will be able to do some remote functions (honk horn, flash lights, lock the door). The send to vehicle and destination look up is currently not functional.

The good news is when we implement the Connected App later this year, you will be able to take full advantage of the new Connected App.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 12:04 AM   #81
Dreamerbimmer
Rep
Drives: 2016 328xi

Quote:
I know you have no control over this issue, but it's quite abysmal that BMW hasn't been able to fix the send to car issue. As a customer you can't help but think no one cares over there at BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 01:45 PM   #82
Doruk
Rep
Drives: 2013 528XI

I cannot login to remote app any more either. I can connect connectedrive website and tried resetting my password and still doesn't work.

i emailed the support group email and received an auto-reply telling me to reset my password which didn't work.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 03:01 PM   #83
Lilmiss
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 435xi Cabrioley

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto17 View Post
Hi canadian33,

Thanks!
Hello,

Based on the VIN you provided, your vehicle has ConnectedDrive Professional meaning you have full functionality.

The Connected Classic app facilitates the ability to use 3rd part apps like spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, etc via the iDrive system. This is done through an A4A interface.

The remote app will require you to log in with your ConnectedDrive username (email based) and passcode. Once logged in you will be able to do some remote functions (honk horn, flash lights, lock the door). The send to vehicle and destination look up is currently not functional.

The good news is when we implement the Connected App later this year, you will be able to take full advantage of the new Connected App.
Hey- sent you a pm with my vin to find out what I should be able to access. Thanks for any help
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #84
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Picked up my M240i this week and trying to understand the issues, apps, features, of iDrive and more importantly, ConnectedDrive.

I have the Remote and ConnectedDrive Classic app installed. Remote seems to be working as expected except for the Maps. It does not allow any searches (not found issue mentioned elsewhere here) and certainly won't Send to Car (again, read all about it here and believe it is a Google issue according to canadian33). In a nutshell, while not perfect, its funtional. BTW, canadian33, why can't we unlock in Canada? Will that ever change??

As far as ConnectedDrive Classic, to me, that's a s*#t show. No instructions on how to use it anywhere I can find. What I gathered is this...

1) first thing I needed to do was to go to Information in the top right, then click Self-diagnosis while connected to the car via USB in order for it to "learn" my car and connect to it.
2) it does not seem to ever update unless I am connected via USB
3) When I touch BMW Apps, I see the following...Eco Pro Analyser, Web Radio, Last Mile, Wiki Local, Twitter, Calendar, and News.
4) There is another link, More Apps, however it seems to go searching but then comes back to tell me the App Store is currently not available. It does then have a button I can click on to change the App Store but that's useless I would think as my car should only be able to use the Canadian App Store, if we had one.

So, does everyone else have the exact same story with these apps?

Does anyone have additional apps under BMW Apps in ConnectedDrive Classic?

Can anyone connect to the App Store? I am, of course, assuming its talking about BMW App Store and not iOS App Store.

Is the ConnectedDrive app supposed to update over the air or only when connected to the car via USB?

Lastly, canadian 33, I don't mean to pester you and I know I and many others certainly appreciate the time you have taken to keep us all in the loop on these issues, but I am wondering if you think the release of the new app will still happen in August. Oh, and one last question for you (though you may not know the answer to this one)...last year they announced that Amazon Alexa would be coming to BMW this year. I assume that means an Alexa app and no special hardware needed. Do you have any knowledge on this and if so, when it might be released?

Thanks again canadian33 and everyone else.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #85
cinergi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i xDrive Modern Line

@mike519,

Although I have an F10, I've had exactly the same experiences as you with the ConnectedDrive Classic and Remote apps. This is apparently Canada-wide. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the new app and hopefully the fix for the Send to Car feature.

-cinergi
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #86
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
**IMPORTANT FACT**

I am not sure if it was mentioned earlier in this thread or any others regarding the BMW remote App, but keep in mind that BOTH the username (likely your email address) and the password MUST be all in CAPS.

I have not seen that specified anywhere, but trust me it worked after hearing someone mention that.

I thought I would share. I am in Canada, the remote app works however the Map function does not appear to work. Nothing I search for come up.... It used to work fine, just stopped. That is the mystery at this point with this app.
      07-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #87
sgtwilko
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i XDrive, M Pkg, Sport

Canada is the least of BMW's concerns

I've been leasing BMW vehicles for the last 16 yrs. I love the drive but hate the empty promises and poor technology support in Canada.

It's pretty clear BMW cares very little about the Canadian market. I can only assume sales volume is so low compared to the US and Europe that they cater to those markets first and foremost. That's fine as it makes business sense but what irks me to no end is being sold a bag full of vaporware which is never intended to be delivered in Canada.

I pay full price for the advertised tech package but it never seems to work properly (if at all) in Canada. Enough already! Stop selling us features you can't deliver!

I'm moving to another make as soon as my current lease is up. Perhaps the grass isn't greener elsewhere but I'm tired of being outright lied to by BMW about what I'm being sold and what the "great" tech package that BMW offers can do.

I'm surprised no one has talked about a class action suit yet. There are misleading advertising laws in Canada.http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/02776.html

SgtWilko

P.S. My automatic map updates still don't work, nor do BMW apps. Connected drive portal is useless. Dealer can't help. BMW support can't help either and just direct us back to the dealer. The whole tech features package is a sham in Canada.

Last edited by sgtwilko; 07-23-2018 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 07:32 AM   #88
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWtoBMW View Post
**IMPORTANT FACT**

I am not sure if it was mentioned earlier in this thread or any others regarding the BMW remote App, but keep in mind that BOTH the username (likely your email address) and the password MUST be all in CAPS.

I have not seen that specified anywhere, but trust me it worked after hearing someone mention that.

I thought I would share. I am in Canada, the remote app works however the Map function does not appear to work. Nothing I search for come up.... It used to work fine, just stopped. That is the mystery at this point with this app.
Bmw sucks at tech. Period. It is not a tech company like Tesla.
Appreciate 0