F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F80 CONVERSION from F30! FULL as Interior & Exterior :D
proTUNING Freaks

08-11-2018, 11:36 PM   #199
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
So the M3 badge is what makes it an M3....
I guess a debadged M3 isn't an M3 then. Oh wait, it still is. Its the sum of all the parts that makes it an M3, not a stupid badge or body panels

We will always have two sides to this argument, when I was younger, I would have taken the other side to what I take now. The only true thing is we will never have agreement.

To each their own
No a Manufacturer Statement (Certificate) of Orgin is what makes a M3 a M3, debadged or not.

The car does not have one.

Thus, it’s not a M3. But a poser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
In what part of the thread has the OP been dishonest? Is it sticking an M3 badge on the car? BMW has been diluting the M brand now for ages. The M badge is plastered all over non M vehicles. (I owned and tracked an e46 M3 before family and kids).

The OP knows, and the internet knows that its not an M3. No where in the OPs post indicates that he attempts to pass it off as an M3. .
Then again, he’s not being honest in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STK View Post

As for the badge, it really depends where you live. In the States, putting an M badge on a non-M car is more than a bit douchey. But given the 10x price difference between the 318 and M3 in Turkey, the M badge is almost tongue-in-check, like putting a Rolls grill on a VW Beetle. And it also sounds like the OP has sentimental reasons for the badge. You have to respect that given the time and effort going into what everyone admits is a high quality build.
Really?

Not even close. There is no Rolls Royce Body and seats in that VW you speak of.

High Quality?

Still has old ugly F30 Venetian Beige Door Panels, Headliner, Dashboard, Center Console and assorted other trim parts. Though not shown, I’d bet he still has a Venetian Beige Rear Shelf.

No attention to fine detail such as the knee pad on the Center Console that a M3 would have. Where are the mode selectors on the “m3 steering wheel”. And why put on non-OEM M3 Wheels if trying so hard to be a faux OEM M3? I could go on and on.

And if the M3 Badge is so sentimental (keep it at home) what’s the excuse for the M3 Logos on the side vents? With those, the sentimental argument falls flat on its face.

You have zero idea about quality to make your statement.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 08-12-2018 at 12:17 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2018, 02:05 AM   #200
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

To be fair it looks very good. Its not ideal, but yeah 250K is lots of dough for an M3.
Taxes are the oppression of people, its the organized criminals that steal our hard earned cash before it even gets into our hands.

Nice job on the car man. Keep it up. Maybe some shots of the motor. You can be the first to put in the 4.4 biturbo V8 into the F80. Imagine that.

Also if you could do the Brembo Ceramics please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiksiz View Post

WITH THE TAXES IN OUR COUNTRY, AN ENTRY LEVEL 3.18i COSTS APPROX 55K USD$ And An F80 COSTS OVER 250K USD$. MY 318i WORTHS MORE THAN 1.5 TIMES OF YOUR F80 M3. Its better to have an idea about that HUGE PAIN in the arse TAX thing unfortunately. Now You May Read and Comment Easily. I RESPECT ALL THE COMMONETS AND POINT OF VIEWS, UNTILL IT REACHS THE LEVEL OF BEING RUDE

Wazz Up Guys

I'd love to share some of the final pics of my F80 Conversion from F30 Series (3.18i LCI - 2016) as interior and exterior. I also added some goodies below over the F80 Body Done. And change a few wheels and colours, yap a wheel & wrap whore Here

UPGRADES ON F80 BODY:
  • Carbon Spoiler
  • Carbon Diffuser
  • Milltek Sport Exhaust
  • Bi-Led Adaptive Headlights (LCI M3)
  • Zito Wheels 20x12
  • X6 SUV NBT Screen
  • M Performance V2 Steering Wheel
  • Carbon Side Grilles
  • Carbon Splitters
  • Carbon Mirror Caps
  • A Few Different Wraps

Could not mess with the engine because I'm not sure if anyone could be able to do it without ZERO issues But who knows, if someone can do it simply, it would be the easiest and the cheapeast part for me Very affordable fees for the M3 Engines in Europe hereWe' ll see

Lets Post Some Pics BUT I have to mention that my flame suit is ON Before you throw flames on me; please watch the video below and see the VERY VERY VERY SOLID REASON Why I have done it! I believe %70 of flames d be gone away

Conversion Story and How You Can Achieve This Conversion / Which Parts to Change / What d Be The Cost / What Cable Jobs Done Etc

NOW HOW IT LOOKS BEFORE ITS FINAL WRAP CHANGE: Damn PRANK
Here is the prank moments while I was eatin dinner W/fam

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 08:23 AM   #201
STK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebbnsx View Post
Quote:
Kudos to the OP for building an amazing M3 replica (body and interior) on a 318 base. This reflects a passion bordering on obsession. As for the haters, well if they don't track their M3, they're just wannabes with a 3600 lb paperweight. And those tracking know that most everyone on the track modded the suspension, engine, or brakes from the oem M3 already. And probably give a fk about the badge.

As for the badge, it really depends where you live. In the States, putting an M badge on a non-M car is more than a bit douchey. But given the 10x price difference between the 318 and M3 in Turkey, the M badge is almost tongue-in-check, like putting a Rolls grill on a VW Beetle. And it also sounds like the OP has sentimental reasons for the badge. You have to respect that given the time and effort going into what everyone admits is a high quality build.

Can't wait for the engine swap. Don't listen to the haters.

It makes no difference what the OP does to the car it will never be an M3. It's not hating it is simply presenting the obvious chief. It is what it is. Call it what you want. The facts are what they are. As for you comment about M3s owners who don't track their cars being wannabes, well that's simply an idiotic blanket statement that has no merit here. By your logic if "anyone" owns a performance car but doesn't track it they should not have purchased it right? I don't know if I've heard a more moronic statement from a person honestly.
I appreciate that you being from ""Central Arkansas" you might have reading comprehension problems. So I'll try not to use any big words Read what the OP wrote and what I wrote. Try sounding out the words if you're having trouble.

First, he said he was doing a F30 to F80 interior and exterior conversion which is exactly what he did. And he did it very well spending an enormous amount of time and money. He didn't say it was an M3.

Second, my comment about M3 (or any) performance car owners refers only to the haters. (The big clue is that my sentence begins "As for the haters."). I find most forum members very positive - the opposite of haters. The positive members have a passion about the car. They might be into mods, they might be into concours or detailing, they might track or autocross, they might be F1 enthusiasts, they might be into cars and coffee, they might be into group rides in the country. They make this community great. Performance car enthusiasts are a big tent.

But what I find about the haters, is they're into the badge. And it's so frickin' important to them because it's all about status and money. It's not about feeling blessed to be able to have yours, it's about others not being able to have it, too. Always the purity test.

And in my experience, the haters couldn't really drive their "performance car" if their life depended on it. The only place to learn how to drive one is the track since you can't legally get the car out of third or practice cornering at 90 mph anywhere else - the reason the car is a performance car in the first place. And those track rats tend to be pretty damn positive and enthusiastic about someone spending 30K and countless hours on their car just because. And while this particular project might not be their cup of tea - they might think it's one strange hobby, they might think they would have spent the time and money differently, they might argue about the type of mod or the color of the paint - they get it. They love the passion. Haters don't. So no, you don't need to be a track rat to own a performance car, but if you're a hater you're likely unable to drive the car you bought.

Sorry for using so many words and so few pictures.
Appreciate 3
      08-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #202
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I appreciate that you being from ""Central Arkansas" you might have reading comprehension problems. So I'll try not to use any big words Read what the OP wrote and what I wrote. Try sounding out the words if you're having trouble.

First, he said he was doing a F30 to F80 interior and exterior conversion which is exactly what he did. And he did it very well spending an enormous amount of time and money. He didn't say it was an M3.

Second, my comment about M3 (or any) performance car owners refers only to the haters. (The big clue is that my sentence begins "As for the haters."). I find most forum members very positive - the opposite of haters. The positive members have a passion about the car. They might be into mods, they might be into concours or detailing, they might track or autocross, they might be F1 enthusiasts, they might be into cars and coffee, they might be into group rides in the country. They make this community great. Performance car enthusiasts are a big tent.

But what I find about the haters, is they're into the badge. And it's so frickin' important to them because it's all about status and money. It's not about feeling blessed to be able to have yours, it's about others not being able to have it, too. Always the purity test.

And in my experience, the haters couldn't really drive their "performance car" if their life depended on it. The only place to learn how to drive one is the track since you can't legally get the car out of third or practice cornering at 90 mph anywhere else - the reason the car is a performance car in the first place. And those track rats tend to be pretty damn positive and enthusiastic about someone spending 30K and countless hours on their car just because. And while this particular project might not be their cup of tea - they might think it's one strange hobby, they might think they would have spent the time and money differently, they might argue about the type of mod or the color of the paint - they get it. They love the passion. Haters don't. So no, you don't need to be a track rat to own a performance car, but if you're a hater you're likely unable to drive the car you bought.

Hey Smokewagon, do you know what shows you apparent lack of intelligence? The fact that you make assumptions about people based on where their Bimmerpost profile says they are from. I live near Little Rock this is true. However, I was born in raised in SoCal and had it not been for my wife’s disdain of the place I’d still be there. You on the other hand, will continue to be a moron who knows little to nothing about people besides his ability to group what he believes to be hating with a car owners ability to drive. The only posers here are guys like yourself making assumptions about people you know nothing about. If I don’t like the guys car or his ability to build it then that’s my right. Get over it!

Last edited by tebbnsx; 08-12-2018 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #203
STK
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hey Smokewagon, do you know what shows you apparent lack of intelligence? The fact that you make assumptions about people based on where their Bimmerpost profile says they are from. I live near Little Rock this is true. However, I was born in raised in SoCal and had it not been for my wife’s disdain of the place I’d still be there. You on the other hand, will continue to be a moron who knows little to nothing about people besides his ability to group what he believes to be hating with a car owners ability to drive. The only posers here are guys like yourself making assumptions about people you know nothing about. If I don’t like the guys car or his ability to build it then that’s my right. Get over it!
Quote:
Quote:

Hey Smokewagon, do you know what shows you apparent lack of intelligence? The fact that you make assumptions about people based on where their Bimmerpost profile says they are from. I live near Little Rock this is true. However, I was born in raised in SoCal and had it not been for my wife's disdain of the place I'd still be there. You on the other hand, will continue to be a moron who knows little to nothing about people besides his ability to group what he believes to be hating with a car owners ability to drive. The only posers here are guys like yourself making assumptions about people you know nothing about. If I don't like the guys car or his ability to build it then that's my right. Get over it!
Thanks for the clarification. So you're currently an idiot from Central Arkansas that was formerly an idiot from So Cal. That you couldn't drive a performance car at its limits if your life depended on it. That you got your panties in a wad because someone spent 30K and countless hours doing a partial conversion and put a badge on it you don't like. Carry on.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 02:28 PM   #204
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

I just wanna say thank you to the OP.

I love these threads! Online entertainment at its finest

Carry on
Appreciate 2
      08-12-2018, 03:26 PM   #205
DonVito
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport

"People who don’t know, don’t care.
People who do know, think you’re a poser.
You just might fool everyone you come across, but you can’t fool yourself."

Personally, I think the car looks great. Could care less if it's an M3, 335i, 318i... You're passionate about cosmetics and it shows because you did a great job.

The real question is, if you really don't care about performance as you claim, why slap an M3 badge on it? There are two types of M car buyers, enthusiasts or posers. Enthusiasts buy them because they crave the performance. Posers buy them because of the badge.

This has nothing to do with whether you can afford it or taxes to the government. It's a matter of attitude. If you're truly secure and passionate about the car you bought, you'd proudly tell everyone how much work you did on your 318i.

The fact that you slapped a M badge on a non-M car and say you don't care about performance tells everyone here that you're a poser. Even if this was a real M3, you're still a poser because all you care about is the badge.
Appreciate 1
JamesWWIII2932.00
      08-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #206
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. So you're currently an idiot from Central Arkansas that was formerly an idiot from So Cal. That you couldn't drive a performance car at its limits if your life depended on it. That you got your panties in a wad because someone spent 30K and countless hours doing a partial conversion and put a badge on it you don't like. Carry on.
I will outdrive you anytime you’d like “keyboard warrior!” Lol. Now please take yourself a nice long walk on a short pier!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #207
STK
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I will outdrive you anytime you’d like “keyboard warrior!” Lol. Now please take yourself a nice long walk on a short pier!
Quote:
Quote:
I will outdrive you anytime you'd like "keyboard warrior!" Lol. Now please take yourself a nice long walk on a short pier!
Join a car club. Do a bunch of track days with an instructor. You'll realize you know f-all about driving and maybe you'll learn something. It will probably take a bit of the douchebag out of you, too. And you might learn something about how real enthusiasts respect each other. Until then, FO.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 10:03 PM   #208
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:

Your whole argument falls apart when OP put 3 or more M3 badges on it.

He crossed from “Enthusiast” to “Poser” at that point.

Sorry, but you clearly do not know where the line between the 2 lies.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 10:10 PM   #209
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Your whole argument falls apart when OP put 3 or more M3 badges on it.

He crossed from “Enthusiast” to “Poser” at that point.

Sorry, but you clearly do not know where the line between the 2 lies.
Bahahahahaha! STK gets burned again! He’s probably a poser kid that can barely afford the car he has and spends his time defending guys building fake cars because before he just acquired his job of mediocrity all he could afford was a Honda S2000 with a half functional Comptech supercharger lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 11:36 PM   #210
///M TOWN
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [9.01]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costello1991 View Post
Get that m badge outta here. Gotta love people who will do anything to make their cars look like what it isn't. Ridiculous.
Bingo absolutely nailed it
      08-13-2018, 12:33 AM   #211
///M TOWN
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [9.01]
      08-13-2018, 02:09 AM   #212
enigma01
Fight On!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3; g30 530e

The OP's title says: "F80 conversion from F30", but I don't see any meaningful F80 parts in the pictures. IMHO, it was an F30, still is and will always be an F30, period.

If OP had spent all his money getting the F80 mechanical bits (e.g. engine, suspension, etc.) retrofitted, he would have earned my respect. Instead, he'd chosen to remain superficial and only do the visual pieces complete with the fake badge.

I fully appreciate that cars are more expensive in certain markets, but it doesn't justify visual forgery of any genuine article, especially if it's purely cosmetic in nature.
Appreciate 2
Who?486.50
JamesWWIII2932.00
      08-13-2018, 07:18 AM   #213
sameh
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche 911S

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma01 View Post
The OP's title says: "F80 conversion from F30", but I don't see any meaningful F80 parts in the pictures. IMHO, it was an F30, still is and will always be an F30, period.

If OP had spent all his money getting the F80 mechanical bits (e.g. engine, suspension, etc.) retrofitted, he would have earned my respect. Instead, he'd chosen to remain superficial and only do the visual pieces complete with the fake badge.

I fully appreciate that cars are more expensive in certain markets, but it doesn't justify visual forgery of any genuine article, especially if it's purely cosmetic in nature.
Completely agree and really really really don't understand all those people who are talking about OP being an "enthusiast* and us being haters...wow
OP visual modification to fool people and pose with a car that he thinks is looking like a quarter million in his country has NOTHING to do with being an enthusiast...if I were an enthusiast in his country I'd buy a used e92 with all that money he spend on visual modification only intended to fool others I'd spend them on true mods on e92 and enjoy DRIVING it
Appreciate 1
JamesWWIII2932.00
      08-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #214
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

At the end of the day I think we all understand that many enthusiasts like these fake conversions just like they buy fake wheels, fake brembo brake covers, and a bunch of other tacky stuff. Not all car enthusiasts are the same, some just care about the look.

But then you should realize that just saying 'the real thing is too expensive ' won't get you any pity from the rest of the enthusiasts that appreciate the real thing. You've got a fake ///m that is heavier, slower, sounds worse, and i'm sure has plenty of blemishes with or without the wrap. That's just how those builds go. This is the car that gets a lot of attention from passerbys but when parked at a car show you see people stop, look closely, and then shake their head and walk away.

Maybe go to the fiero kit car championships if you want some recognition. but a bmw forum isn't going to get you a majority of kudos.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 09:30 AM   #215
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
At the end of the day I think we all understand that many enthusiasts like these fake conversions just like they buy fake wheels, fake brembo brake covers, and a bunch of other tacky stuff. Not all car enthusiasts are the same, some just care about the look.

But then you should realize that just saying 'the real thing is too expensive ' won't get you any pity from the rest of the enthusiasts that appreciate the real thing. You've got a fake ///m that is heavier, slower, sounds worse, and i'm sure has plenty of blemishes with or without the wrap. That's just how those builds go. This is the car that gets a lot of attention from passerbys but when parked at a car show you see people stop, look closely, and then shake their head and walk away.

Maybe go to the fiero kit car championships if you want some recognition. but a bmw forum isn't going to get you a majority of kudos.
Cars arent even that expensive in turkey..

This m4 came up in a conversation with a mate, and the 3series (318i)
in Turkey kicks off at $48k aud.. similar or slightly cheaper than here in australia

Funny, caus his whole basis of justification has been that he paid more for this 318i costs more than m3's overseas

Last edited by Who?; 08-13-2018 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
kern4174464.00
      08-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #216
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

It really looks nice and everything was done tastefully except.... I am not a hater but I am with some people here about putting an M3 badge. You could have made it unique and you can say that it is your own. But the bottom line is, you are happy with it and don't care about what other tell otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #217
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post
Cars arent even that expensive in turkey..

This m4 came up in a conversation with a mate, and the 3series (318i) kicks off at $48k aud.. similar or slightly cheaper than here in australia

Funny, caus his whole basis of justification has been that he paid more for this 318i costs more than m3's overseas
Yeah I saw that too. If your whole validation is that you're complaining about the price of the real thing, then how can you brag that you spent more than the price of the real thing?

Just another enthusiast. Like this guy:
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439252
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 1
enigma01108.50
      08-13-2018, 04:39 PM   #218
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah I saw that too. If your whole validation is that you're complaining about the price of the real thing, then how can you brag that you spent more than the price of the real thing?
Apparently, his justification is that he doesn't want to pay the higher taxes on the real thing. Still doesn't explain why he couldn't have badged his creation with 318i or just a simple M logo, or debadged it altogether.

Hell, I don't like paying the government lots of money for my cars either, but I'd never do something like this.
Appreciate 1
enigma01108.50
      08-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #219
enigma01
Fight On!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3; g30 530e

Quote:

Just another enthusiast. Like this guy:
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439252
I guess the only difference between the two is that OP started off with a BMW instead of a Honda? It's hilarious to see double standard displayed by all these folks who are defending OP's decisions while they would have thrown rocks at the Honda guy.

OP says that sourcing an M3 engine is "affordable." Yet, it's the last thing on his list. I may not be a mind reader, but his intentions are pretty clear to me and to many who see past all cosmetic non-sense.

It's laughable that the OP then claims that his "F80" costs more than the real article in the US. Is he trying to imply that we, the poor American consumers, cannot afford the M3 if it was priced like in Turkey? Not everyone in the US over-extends himself/herself to buy expensive cars/toys, and the last time I checked, there was a vast wealth gap between Turkey and poor ol' America. BTW, how is Lira doing? Yikes...
Appreciate 1
JamesWWIII2932.00
      08-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #220
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Threads still goin strong huh
OP struck gold here..
Appreciate 1
rayxi42.00