F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > ACS springs on F31 alignment results
proTUNING Freaks

03-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
328iX
David
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328iX F31

ACS springs on F31 alignment results

Just thought I'd share results for alignment due to there not being much information when I researched it.

Very surprising results as there's almost no change, honestly feel like I wasted $100 but fixing toe is always a good thing.

F31
18" 397s
5mm spacers
Attached Images

Last edited by 328iX; 03-22-2019 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2019, 03:12 AM   #2
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Good stuff.
May I ask what your impression from the ACS springs is? (I see you also have an XDrive).

I am planning to put them on my XDrive Adaptive, whereas my hope is moderate drop (coherent look), maintained comfort in Comfort and gladly a bit more stiffness in Sport...
      03-25-2019, 06:13 AM   #3
328iX
David
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Good stuff.
May I ask what your impression from the ACS springs is? (I see you also have an XDrive).

I am planning to put them on my XDrive Adaptive, whereas my hope is moderate drop (coherent look), maintained comfort in Comfort and gladly a bit more stiffness in Sport...
I love it. The handling is very noticeably improved and the comfort feels identical to stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 06:20 AM   #4
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Good to hear. My only concern is warranty... Been warned by all dealerships I contacted that this is risky, as BMW can decline warranty claims related to suspension...
And ACS are apparently not overtaing eny responsibility either.
      03-25-2019, 09:40 AM   #5
328iX
David
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good to hear. My only concern is warranty... Been warned by all dealerships I contacted that this is risky, as BMW can decline warranty claims related to suspension...
And ACS are apparently not overtaing eny responsibility either.
Yeah definitely not due to the fact that the struts have a usable working range. By lowering you're affecting that range and travel and could blow them out.

Thankfully ACS springs are mild so you really shouldn't blow them out. Also struts are fairly cheap. Nothing to worry about.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:45 AM   #6
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Not sure the struts for adaptive suspension are so cheap...?
      03-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #7
328iX
David
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not sure the struts for adaptive suspension are so cheap...?
oh right, yeah haha.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 10:41 AM   #8
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
I've had Eibach springs on my adaptive damper car for a year and ~20k miles. This is with plenty of track days and also dirt/gravel/trail road driving. No issues with the dampers. In fact I just dynoed the adaptive dampers yesterday and they're able to put out lots of compression/rebound force, on par or greater than aftermarket dampers like the Bilstein B6. That said, BMW's EDC profile/programming doesn't let them do those max rates, but the dampers are physically capable of it.

Eibach makes ACS springs, and I'm pretty darn convinced that ACS just picks different Eibach springs from their catalog, stamps their logo/PN on there and sells it as is (they may bundle them slightly differently). I came to that conclusion looking at the documentation from each company and comparing spring specs and test data.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2019, 11:54 AM   #9
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

That's good to hear.
Unfortunately sometimes components fail just because they do... not necessarily as a consequence of an upgrade/change. Then BMW could deny warranty because of the aftermarket springs and that sucks.

One of the dealerships advised me that if I am to put ACS (or other aftermarket springs) there, I will need to sign a "tuning declaration" where I acknowledge that I am aware of the effect on warranty the tuning may have. The declaration is then sent to Munich.
      03-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #10
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
I've had Eibach springs on my adaptive damper car for a year and ~20k miles. This is with plenty of track days and also dirt/gravel/trail road driving. No issues with the dampers. In fact I just dynoed the adaptive dampers yesterday and they're able to put out lots of compression/rebound force, on par or greater than aftermarket dampers like the Bilstein B6. That said, BMW's EDC profile/programming doesn't let them do those max rates, but the dampers are physically capable of it.

Eibach makes ACS springs, and I'm pretty darn convinced that ACS just picks different Eibach springs from their catalog, stamps their logo/PN on there and sells it as is (they may bundle them slightly differently). I came to that conclusion looking at the documentation from each company and comparing spring specs and test data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post

Totally agree with you about ACS. Heard the same thing when I was researching and saw the specs were the same. Why pay the markup to ACS? Bought Eibachs and have been very happy!
Appreciate 0