F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > How to keep using expired E-Sys Launcher Premium by reverting system date (hack)
Extreme Powerhouse

05-20-2019, 03:24 AM   #661
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor80 View Post
Ok. i'm getting activation code request when I hit Launcher.
I reverted time back, disabled Avira real time monitoring, executed the script- got green screen.
I get a pop up box asking for activation code. What should I do next?
I'm running Win 10 1703
I've mentioned this in the FAQ's. Also, using a VM instead of real hardware can cause this.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 05:10 PM   #662
doctor80
Private
Rep
Drives: F30, 328 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
I've mentioned this in the FAQ's. Also, using a VM instead of real hardware can cause this.

Cheers, Tony
Hi. Thank you for your reply.
I'm using real hardware laptop, with Win 10 on board.
I unplugged internet, disabled wi fi, ran the script, executed the launcher - still asks me for autorization code.
One thing though, is that before i tried to play with Esys and different Launcher, but uninstalled them.
Could it be that their setting is still injected into regedit?

No idea man, why it would ask me for authorization code.

Let me try than do spin a VM with Win 7 on board.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 05:48 PM   #663
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
I unplugged internet, disabled wi fi, ran the script, executed the launcher - still asks me for autorization code.
One thing though, is that before i tried to play with Esys and different Launcher, but uninstalled them.

If you're only using the programs' own uninstallers there will be some leftovers that could be upsetting the Launcher. I recommend using Revo Uninstaller (free download) and letting it do its own thorough clean-up of the registry and files after the uninstall has finished.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 12:12 AM   #664
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
Ok. i'm getting activation code request when I hit Launcher.
I reverted time back, disabled Avira real time monitoring, executed the script- got green screen.
I get a pop up box asking for activation code. What should I do next?
I'm running Win 10 1703

Cheers, Tony
If you are running a VM, the Bios needs to reflect the host so the VM didn't give it away that it's a VM to the launcher. VMware can edit the vmx file to do this. I'm not sure if virtual box can.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:19 PM   #665
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

If you're not on a VM, it could be leftovers in the registry from previous installations, but I rather think it's your system meeting some criterium triggering the Launcher to show the activation window. It's a 'security feature' Tokenmaster build into his Launcher. Apart from the ones mentioned in the Rearm FAQ the exact criteria triggering activation are unknown. Sorry...

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #666
Icetrd4
Rep
Drives: BMW Series 3 & BMW X5 F15

Hello Tony, I am a new member. I want to know what version of E-Sys Launcher PRO should I use. Where to download it and where can I find Pin? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 05:56 AM   #667
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetrd4 View Post
Hello Tony, I am a new member. I want to know what version of E-Sys Launcher PRO should I use. Where to download it and where can I find Pin? Thanks
You should ask shawnsheridan. Start from this page:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...96777&page=663

Last edited by cjn; 05-25-2019 at 06:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 07:43 AM   #668
TN89A
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Hi folks,

Just about muddled my way through the esys launcher installation and using this script (thanks!)

Quick question, I get an error message saying the script is complete but with warnings. Something about not being able to change the date on the data folder but I can successfully launch esys so I assume all is ok?

Is this alright to continue coding? Don't want to break my car!

Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 11:06 AM   #669
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN89A View Post
Hi folks,

Just about muddled my way through the esys launcher installation and using this script (thanks!)

Quick question, I get an error message saying the script is complete but with warnings. Something about not being able to change the date on the data folder but I can successfully launch esys so I assume all is ok?

Cheers
The warning is telling you that my script cannot redate the folder mentioned. This is undesirable. It may work for now, but there will probably come a day that the Launcher won't work any more because of this.
You'll have to find the program that's locking your folder. If you're using Avast then follow the instructions. You might want to try disabling other antivirus products as well. Also have a look inside the folder. Some file- or subfolder names in there might give you a clue to what program or process is involved.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 1
TN89A0.00
      05-29-2019, 12:23 PM   #670
TN89A
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Quote:
Quote:
Hi folks,

Cheers
The warning is telling you that my script cannot redate the folder mentioned. This is undesirable. It may work for now, but there will probably come a day that the Launcher won't work any more because of this.
You'll have to find the program that's locking your folder. If you're using Avast then follow the instructions. You might want to try disabling other antivirus products as well. Also have a look inside the folder. Some file- or subfolder names in there might give you a clue to what program or process is involved.

Cheers, Tony
Quote:
Quote:
Hi folks,

Cheers

Cheers, Tony
Thank you!

Are you able to confirm if for a brand new F20 with Pro nav I should be coding 6NW in place of 6NH and coding only to NBT head unit as Combox should now be built in? Sorry I know this is pretty basic but I don't have the car just yet to check!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 03:49 PM   #671
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you!

Are you able to confirm if for a brand new F20 with Pro nav I should be coding 6NW in place of 6NH and coding only to NBT head unit as Combox should now be built in? Sorry I know this is pretty basic but I don't have the car just yet to check!
This is not the best thread for general coding questions.
Ask shawnsheridan:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...96777&page=664
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 12:45 PM   #672
odessa91
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F36, E84, E30

Restore laptop to pre-rearm state

Hi Tony,

Do you have a script to restore laptop to it pre-rearm state?
Unfortunately I did not back HD and did not create Window Restore point.
Thank you,
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 11:10 AM   #673
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by odessa91 View Post
Hi Tony,

Do you have a script to restore laptop to it pre-rearm state?
Unfortunately I did not back HD and did not create Window Restore point.
Thank you,
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'pre-rearm state'. If that means leaving all files and folders untouched with their original dates, then sorry no. For that you would really need a backup...

However, such a scenario would probably only work if you've at one point changed the system time in your laptop's BIOS before installing Windows. In virtually all other cases the Launcher would be expired already, which would require a rearm anyway to make it work again (you can run the Rearm script as many times as you like).

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #674
odessa91
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F36, E84, E30

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'pre-rearm state'. If that means leaving all files and folders untouched with their original dates, then sorry no. For that you would really need a backup...

However, such a scenario would probably only work if you've at one point changed the system time in your laptop's BIOS before installing Windows. In virtually all other cases the Launcher would be expired already, which would require a rearm anyway to make it work again (you can run the Rearm script as many times as you like).

Cheers, Tony
Thanks Tony,
Yes, I meant leaving all files and folders untouched with their original dates
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 05:25 PM   #675
eltonnallb
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 523i tuning

Hello Guys i need our help for freetoken pincode or how to create the pincode for toking coding f series.Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #676
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltonnallb View Post
Hello Guys i need our help for freetoken pincode or how to create the pincode for toking coding f series.Many thanks
You'll have to be more specific than that. For generating a token you'll need the Launcher. My script is for keeping an expired Launcher alive. This thread is for discussing my script.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #677
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
Hi Tony - long time coder here and have never had any challenges....until now. I have downloaded the latest files that Shawn sent me from a few weeks ago. I am trying install Launcher V2.8.2 with the rearm and I have not been successful. I keep getting the "connection to e-sys launcher failed . restart launcher and try again" error code. I am on windows 10 - 64bit with no anti virus or firewall. I've actually tried this on 3 other computers all with the same issue so im kind of at a loss. Do you have any suggestions? should I be using an older version of everything?

Edit forgot to mention that Esys eventually opens but asks for a pin code,I've tried everything in that field and nothing works.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 01:37 AM   #678
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMB-M3-J2 View Post
Hi Tony - long time coder here and have never had any challenges....until now. I have downloaded the latest files that Shawn sent me from a few weeks ago. I am trying install Launcher V2.8.2 with the rearm and I have not been successful. I keep getting the "connection to e-sys launcher failed . restart launcher and try again" error code. I am on windows 10 - 64bit with no anti virus or firewall. I've actually tried this on 3 other computers all with the same issue so im kind of at a loss. Do you have any suggestions? should I be using an older version of everything?

Edit forgot to mention that Esys eventually opens but asks for a pin code,I've tried everything in that field and nothing works.
If you're running Win 10 version 1809, then it doesn't work. Either upgrade to version 1903 or downgrade to 1803.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 06:18 PM   #679
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn View Post
Quote:

If you're running Win 10 version 1809, then it doesn't work. Either upgrade to version 1903 or downgrade to 1803.
I completely missed this. I do have 1809, I will be upgrading tonight. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #680
feyex
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:

Hey, so i had a very similar issue and also was having trouble even getting the launcher to start e-sys.

I have 3 Windows 10 machines (bare) with 1803 1809 and 1903.
It was not working on any of them even with the script.
Details:
- Windows 10 Professional
- Clean install with Chrome and .NET for the launcher
- System fully updated
- Installed E-Sys (3.28.1)
- Installed E-Sys Launcher Premium (2.8.2)
- It seems no need to reinstall anything if it is already in place

Finally i was able to get it work on Windows 10 1903 by changing the time to exactly one year ago, then run the script and start the Launcher, but it only worked on 1903.

In steps:
1. turn back time by one year
2. Close all other applications
3. run the script from the post
4. Start E-Sys Launcher Premium
5. done

Choosing other dates always leaded to strange behaviors.
Also if it is still not working i would try to uninstall everything, change the time back, diable internet access, reboot, go into bios, also change the time there, boot the os, install e-sys, install launcher, use script and start launcher.

So hopefully this could help you.

Best,
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 02:59 PM   #681
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by feyex View Post
Quote:

Hey, so i had a very similar issue and also was having trouble even getting the launcher to start e-sys.

I have 3 Windows 10 machines (bare) with 1803 1809 and 1903.
It was not working on any of them even with the script.
Details:
- Windows 10 Professional
- Clean install with Chrome and .NET for the launcher
- System fully updated
- Installed E-Sys (3.28.1)
- Installed E-Sys Launcher Premium (2.8.2)
- It seems no need to reinstall anything if it is already in place

Finally i was able to get it work on Windows 10 1903 by changing the time to exactly one year ago, then run the script and start the Launcher, but it only worked on 1903.

In steps:
1. turn back time by one year
2. Close all other applications
3. run the script from the post
4. Start E-Sys Launcher Premium
5. done

Choosing other dates always leaded to strange behaviors.
Also if it is still not working i would try to uninstall everything, change the time back, diable internet access, reboot, go into bios, also change the time there, boot the os, install e-sys, install launcher, use script and start launcher.

So hopefully this could help you.

Best,
Yup pretty much the same. I just upgraded to the new windows 1903 and it worked right away.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #682
lazyninja87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i SportLine

worked perfectly for me... thank you so much
Appreciate 0