F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
Studio RSR

07-16-2019, 04:50 PM   #2619
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackDMX View Post
Hi Chri. After i installed my unit i had for the first Times some issues.
My vendor gives me always a great Support.
He sends me the newest OTA Software with newest Firmware and mcu files.
It doesn't matter which UI ive select the time for booting is always arround 10-15 sec.
Some pictures of my unit with id7 ui.

oh 10-15 seconds is very short , to be sure we are talking about the same, its time from Power to GUI, not only when Display does show something.

what file version did you get ?, i got also an OTA Update 2.0.5 and OEM folder with factory_config.xml but it changed pretty nothing.
have you got additional files ?
can you share a System info screen ?

sincerely Chri
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #2620
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel View Post
See hxxps://chinesebmwheadunits.github.io/
Had no idea about that, thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #2621
florinbrv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

Quote:
Hi Chri. After i installed my unit i had for the first Times some issues.
My vendor gives me always a great Support.
He sends me the newest OTA Software with newest Firmware and mcu files.
It doesn't matter which UI ive select the time for booting is always arround 10-15 sec.
Some pictures of my unit with id7 ui.

This is extremely fast! My 7.1 unit takes 10 seconds just to realise that I started the engine

Can you share the link where you bought the unit?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 11:47 PM   #2622
sjoskog
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F34 & E88

Hi all,

It's been a while since being here and managed to happily live with 7.1 ugode unit until now. Strange thing happened few days ago: The device had done some sort of factory reset on its own. I had driven maybe two hours and used the device with no issues whatsoever, then turned off car, took a break of 15 mins and back to the car. The device had forgotten all settings in the meanwhile. Everything else (like Andoird apps with their settings, I was logged in to google services with my account, device knew my wifi password etc etc) where untouched. Not sure if I am using the right words but perhaps Android application layer was ok but MCU (?) had somehow messed up.

Anyway, to the main issue. After I reconfigured everything in Factory Settings, I found that some of the features were missing. Not sure which ones, but at least the most visible was limited list of main menus (or what you would call them). Previously I had a great list of multiple BMW choices, some Audi, some MB and even JLR. Now there is just BMW-NBT, Audi and BMW-EVO remaining. What on earth happened to ID6 etc which were factory installed to my device and "survived" over all upgrades done so far... And oh, the even the main home button that looks like a house in upper left corner of the device, doesn't react. Yet you can get back to the main menu with "back" feature using BMW scroll wheel (so it is there but the button on GUI itself does not work).

I think the solution would be to reinstall the device with best known firmware for both Android and MCU. Any recommendations which one? Was the missing list of menu selections in factory.xml or somewhere else? Could someone point a link to such please?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #2623
blackDMX
Rep
Drives: Bmw e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
oh 10-15 seconds is very short , to be sure we are talking about the same, its time from Power to GUI, not only when Display does show something.

what file version did you get ?, i got also an OTA Update 2.0.5 and OEM folder with factory_config.xml but it changed pretty nothing.
have you got additional files ?
can you share a System info screen ?

sincerely Chri
Here is a picture of my System info.

I forgett to say that my unit have also the snapdragon 8 Core cpu.
And yes we are talking about the booting time from Power to directly Show the GUI.
Around 10-15 sec.
The OTA file is very large about 1.4 GB. Dont have any download link for this. But can maybe upload and share this for someone who is interesed in this.
I also dont like some Menü pictures of the ID7 GUI.
I work as Web Designer and have Pro Photoshop skills.
Is there Info how i can get into the raw images without root for editing this?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #2624
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Here is a picture of my System info.

I forgett to say that my unit have also the snapdragon 8 Core cpu.
And yes we are talking about the booting time from Power to directly Show the GUI.
Around 10-15 sec.
The OTA file is very large about 1.4 GB. Dont have any download link for this. But can maybe upload and share this for someone who is interesed in this.
I also dont like some Menü pictures of the ID7 GUI.
I work as Web Designer and have Pro Photoshop skills.
Is there Info how i can get into the raw images without root for editing this?
Yeah i have the same Snapdragon 8 core version but CIC not CCC, weird that this should give an +15 sec boot time

2.0.5 has ID6 again, i switched to this, at least better than ID7, i would prefere NBT anyways ^^"

i also got the same 2.0.5 update.
You don`t need to root your device, ADB over wireless is already activated on this devices, so you can connect to them via adb.

You can also extract the Launcher from your OTA file, i just added an Android 9 Extractor batch to the URTOOL at Github.
when extracted you will find the APK under "system_android9\system\app\KswPLauncher" where you easily can unpack the apk with most zip software.

sincerely Chri
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #2625
blackDMX
Rep

Quote:
Yeah i have the same Snapdragon 8 core version but CIC not CCC, weird that this should give an +15 sec boot time

2.0.5 has ID6 again, i switched to this, at least better than ID7, i would prefere NBT anyways ^^"

i also got the same 2.0.5 update.
You don`t need to root your device, ADB over wireless is already activated on this devices, so you can connect to them via adb.

You can also extract the Launcher from your OTA file, i just added an Android 9 Extractor batch to the URTOOL at Github.
when extracted you will find the APK under "system_android9\system\app\KswPLauncher" where you easily can unpack the apk with most zip software.

sincerely Chri
Thank you Chri you are great.
With the Urtool i have sucessfully unpacked the launcher and found all raw images.
During the process of unpacking the files the URTool shows some errors like
Fonts or some files cant be found.
Iam a little bit scared about that. Hope later after repacking all files togehter i will not get Into a bootlop. What do you think?
And how i can repack the files back correctly? Repacking with URTool not working for me.

I also found some pictures in the launcher of different dashboard styles like in these picture.Are you able to select that and acitvate on your unit?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 01:40 AM   #2626
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Thank you Chri you are great.
With the Urtool i have sucessfully unpacked the launcher and found all raw images.
During the process of unpacking the files the URTool shows some errors like
Fonts or some files cant be found.
Iam a little bit scared about that. Hope later after repacking all files togehter i will not get Into a bootlop. What do you think?
And how i can repack the files back correctly? Repacking with URTool not working for me.

I also found some pictures in the launcher of different dashboard styles like in these picture.Are you able to select that and acitvate on your unit?
I also saw the errors, that are symbol links, i think that are only hyperlinks not real files.
As the interesting part are the apk files i ignored this for unpacking the APK.

i wouldn`t make a complete new OTA update just for changing one file, that would be a huge work every time.

i just tried root access to the device, it`s easier than on Android 9, as the bootloader is already unlocked by default and secureboot is disabled.
So probably only a 5 liner to get root access
Then you can replace the one particular file then, thats way more easy

i`ll make a guide soon, but have no time this week anymore to work on the device.

haven`t seen that other screens yet, but i also have not played around alot since i have it.

sincerely Chri
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #2627
FrederikD
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

I just bought a 8.1 android screen to replace my 7.1 version.
I used the cables of the 7.1 since this probably just is a software update of the screen module?

I have some issues on the 8.1 version:
Android system does not recognize the (F31) type in factory settings to set to 10.25" screen with (only other newer types)
Rear aftermarket camera does not work anymore > no signal (aftermarket screen option) Works fine on the old 7.1 android version.
Standard car beepers do not work anymore when driving backwards

Please help..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #2628
sjoskog
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F34 & E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikD View Post
I just bought a 8.1 android screen to replace my
Android system does not recognize the (F31) type in factory settings to set to
I guess there never was F3x listed in the display types. I just selected one of 10" inch models which matched by radio type closest (NBT F something). At least for me it worked fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 03:18 PM   #2629
blackDMX
Rep

Quote:
I also saw the errors, that are symbol links, i think that are only hyperlinks not real files.
As the interesting part are the apk files i ignored this for unpacking the APK.

i wouldn`t make a complete new OTA update just for changing one file, that would be a huge work every time.

i just tried root access to the device, it`s easier than on Android 9, as the bootloader is already unlocked by default and secureboot is disabled.
So probably only a 5 liner to get root access
Then you can replace the one particular file then, thats way more easy

i`ll make a guide soon, but have no time this week anymore to work on the device.

haven`t seen that other screens yet, but i also have not played around alot since i have it.

sincerely Chri
Thank you for your help. I will be waiting for your guide :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 12:53 AM   #2630
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericokta View Post
You have to contact Hualingan directly, they have some HL-101CK left, which is the Version for the NBT controller.
They have no HL-102CK for F-Series CIC Controller left, they said to me they produce new one when ordering at least 200 piecies

But unless your unit has no full Bluetooth Capability its useless, so try if you can connect a bluetooth mouse or keyboard over the normal Android system before.

i bought one from them, and have to say it`s not really a benefit, you then have just a singlepoint mouse, no real multitouch / zoom / letter writing feature.

sincerely Chri

Last edited by Kri; 09-18-2019 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 10:03 AM   #2631
smahel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper, 2020 X1

Garage List
unfortunately, images cannot be displayed ...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 02:48 AM   #2632
Bobbyjee
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

I don't want to take this off topic, however the sound quality on here has been mentioned a few times so just want to report back.

I have a BMW 2014 F10 that originally came with the base stereo sound with no amp. The sound quality was poor to say the least on the OEM side.
Having purchased the ugode PX3 a year ago, the sound quality went from bad to worse. Those in a similar boat will know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm not a bass junkie. Just somone that wants to turn the volume up when 'that' track comes on.
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I decided to upgrade the sound system.

I placed some Eton mids and tweeters in the door and Left the underseat subs for a future upgrade. Wired up an amp to power the underseat woofers and the door mids to manage the highs and the lows. I didn't go to town with the amp as I tried to keep myself on a budget. but now that the wiring is in place, I can always upgrade to a more powerful amp in the future.

I Must say, the sound improvement really is night and day. There is a significant improvement in sound on the android side.

On the OEM it's absolutely amazing! Happy to share the setup I have if anyone is interested.

Also fantastic work @_fred_. Updated my mcu yesterday . Just need to do a little more reading on the eventcenter.Apk

My biggest gripe right now is the left speaker sound issue when in navigation on Waze.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #2633
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

Anyone else find their 7.1 unit is really really slow for downloading things? I've tried downloading Sygic and TomTom maps on mine countless times and it's always insanely slow.

Sygic maps are about 650MB for the UK and TomTom around 1GB for the UK. I've had my unit connected to my home wifi on a 200Mbit connection where my laptop will happily give full speed through wifi and at my parents' place on a 75Mbit connection. No matter what connection I use I seem to get ridiculously slow speeds - like 20-30 minutes to download the 650MB Sygic maps, if not longer. I've also tried tethering it to my phone on 4G which speedtests at a fairly respectable 40-50Mbit, and it's still just as slow through that too.

Even downloading the base Sygic app, which was only about a 40MB download if I remember rightly, took a good few minutes when it should only be a few seconds. I've had this issue since I got the unit back in December but that, coupled with the GPS issues on my unit, makes me wonder if it's worth getting the Android 9.0 version.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 10:37 AM   #2634
cederron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheez View Post
Anyone else find their 7.1 unit is really really slow for downloading things? I've tried downloading Sygic and TomTom maps on mine countless times and it's always insanely slow.

Sygic maps are about 650MB for the UK and TomTom around 1GB for the UK. I've had my unit connected to my home wifi on a 200Mbit connection where my laptop will happily give full speed through wifi and at my parents' place on a 75Mbit connection. No matter what connection I use I seem to get ridiculously slow speeds - like 20-30 minutes to download the 650MB Sygic maps, if not longer. I've also tried tethering it to my phone on 4G which speedtests at a fairly respectable 40-50Mbit, and it's still just as slow through that too.

Even downloading the base Sygic app, which was only about a 40MB download if I remember rightly, took a good few minutes when it should only be a few seconds. I've had this issue since I got the unit back in December but that, coupled with the GPS issues on my unit, makes me wonder if it's worth getting the Android 9.0 version.

7.1 is crap
8.1 is good
(I know because i have both)
Dont know about 9.0
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 11:24 AM   #2635
cederron
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cederron View Post
I have to correct boot up time in this video.
It's pretty much instant on.
Takes about five seconds to boot into Android fully interactive.

I think what happended is I use my car very sparingly and probably my battery was a bit low. Now I have been using the car for a few consecutive days the boot up is around five seconds.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 12:57 AM   #2636
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cederron View Post
I have to correct boot up time in this video.
It's pretty much instant on.
Takes about five seconds to boot into Android fully interactive.

I think what happended is I use my car very sparingly and probably my battery was a bit low. Now I have been using the car for a few consecutive days the boot up is around five seconds.
Don`t now if you missed something on the video, but when i check it booting does last from sec 0:26 to 0:46, so pretty much the default 20 sec of the PX6 Units

The booting time we are talking about is always a cold boot from "Ignition (Power) on" until "GUI load" .

sincerely Chri
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 01:43 AM   #2637
cederron
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Don`t now if you missed something on the video, but when i check it booting does last from sec 0:26 to 0:46, so pretty much the default 20 sec of the PX6 Units

The booting time we are talking about is always a cold boot from "Ignition (Power) on" until "GUI load" .

sincerely Chri
Yes I made the video.
What Im saying is that the unit does not cold boot now, it's in some state of suspension, and after ignition it takes around 5 seconds to "GUI load".
As I said its probably because when I recorded the video my battery was a bit low.
My old 7.1 never did that, It always was a cold boot more than 25+ seconds.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 02:35 AM   #2638
florinbrv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

I also want to upgrade my unit, but I don't know what unit to choose...
Are we planning on having a group buy for android 9 units?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 05:02 AM   #2639
Tri
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Hi, I bought my unit Android 7.1 a week ago and the black screen had come up three times. I had to do factory reset 3 times but have a feeling it will have the same issue again. Anyone here had it and managed to fix it? Thank you very much in advance

This is my unit info

statewide cars
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 08:09 AM   #2640
husskad
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by florinbrv View Post
I also want to upgrade my unit, but I don't know what unit to choose...
Are we planning on having a group buy for android 9 units?
i just fitted this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3304...6b7670fczXPtTT and all i can say it is fast. iv got a few problems with it at the mo but nothing i cant sort out.
Appreciate 0