F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Wheel alignment problem
GetBMWParts

08-24-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
medlyleeds
Rep
Drives: G20 320D x-drive

Wheel alignment problem

Hi All

The car has constantly been pulling to the left since I got it
3 Series BMW. 15 plate 330d. 30000 miles. As far as I know not had any significant accidents and not gone through any major potholes etc
M-sport suspension. 19inch wheels. New Michelin pilot sport 4 non run flats (although same issue with previous runflats)
Recently had new super-pro bushes fitted to front - problem was ongoing prior to this - this was an attempted remedy
Constant pull to the left. If I let go of wheel car drifts off to left. Constant force required on wheel to make car go straight, however car does does go straight when wheel is centered. If car is on road that is crowned to the right - no force on wheel needed and either goes straight or sometime still pulls left.
Only position where wheel does not need any force applying is slightly off to the left
Wheel does not appear to self centre as well when turned to the left. When turned to the right it snaps back to centre, when turned left it returns to just of left of centre
When car is moving it feels very slightly easier to steer left than right. Does not seem to the be the case when stationary
The problem has been constant despite a number of wheel alignments. After an alignment it appears to be almost (but never completely) eradicated but over the next few hundred miles it returns slowly.
It has had numerous wheel alignments and the front tyres have been rotated around but this has made no difference

I have attached the latest readout

View post on imgur.com

Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #2
rangeseeker
Rep
Drives: 435i M Sport

Where did you go to get the alignment done, was it a specialty shop? Some places are more capable than others in terms of getting it just right.
      08-24-2019, 09:28 AM   #3
medlyleeds
Rep
Drives: G20 320D x-drive

I've had the problem a number of months.

Itss been to BMW who sent it back the same twice and then been to two good alignment places which I've taken previous cars to and have adjusted them well.

The first one does not do any mechanical work so could not offer any more advice and could only bring it back to spec. The second guy has had it 4 or 5 times and tried various things such as new bushes with adjustable caster/camber and setting the cross caster/camber to make it pull slightly to the right.....it however still pulls to the left
Appreciate 0