F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > What did you do to your F3X today?
Extreme Powerhouse

11-20-2019, 12:01 AM   #6271
pyakoub
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2017

Hello everybody I just bought my 320i 2017 last week , and I'm going through some issues like : my windows doesn't automatically close by the remote as they can open ,

When I put it on reverse the right mirror doesn't automatically flip down
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 12:20 AM   #6272
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyakoub View Post
Hello everybody I just bought my 320i 2017 last week , and I'm going through some issues like : my windows doesn't automatically close by the remote as they can open ,

The passenger mirror will not flip down if the mirror adjustment switch is set to the passenger side.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 12:22 AM   #6273
pyakoub
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Quote:

The passenger mirror will not flip down if the mirror adjustment switch is set to the passenger side.

I did the other side and still doesn't want to work !
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 09:11 AM   #6274
utjeffc
Rep
Drives: 2016 JB 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisah View Post
What exactly does this do?
I just de-coupled the ambient lighting a few weeks ago, too, so I'll answer with my reason.

I prefer the have the gauge cluster dimmer at the lowest setting, because I don't like to have bright lights pointed directly at my face. I like the ambient lighting at full brightness so the shifter area and door cards are lit up, which is all indirect lighting and doesn't bother me.

When ambient lighting is tied to the dimmer at the low setting, the ambient lighting is barely noticeable.
Appreciate 1
amancuso724.00
      11-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #6275
BeerHerder
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335, G01 X3, Victory Vegas

Quote:

I think you need to re-program the window close with comfort access through bimmercode. I adjusted my delay to a half second and turned it on, but it wasn't programmed initially.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 09:55 AM   #6276
Jvac
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawzy44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCD View Post
Quote:
Added Alcantara sun visors (Bimmermasterpieces)and open pore carbon headlight switch surround (carbonfibermods)

The sun visors look fantastic. Much better then the plastic version with yellow warning signs the car came with. Matches other Alcantara interior highlights. The colour matches perfectly.
Got a link to the sun visors? Cost? The look great!
Pricey. Hard to say if it's worth it. Depends how bad the cheap plastics bother you.

https://www.bimmermasterpieces.com/s...product/jdqckx
They look nice! These visors don't telescope to cover the full length of the side windows, do they? This is one of my biggest gripes about my car. The oe visor leaves just enough gap at the rear end of the window for the sun to shine right in my eye unless I scoot the seat way up. Would be worth the price for that feature alone
      11-20-2019, 11:29 AM   #6277
Shawzy44
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvac View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Added Alcantara sun visors (Bimmermasterpieces)and open pore carbon headlight switch surround (carbonfibermods)

The sun visors look fantastic. Much better then the plastic version with yellow warning signs the car came with. Matches other Alcantara interior highlights. The colour matches perfectly.
Pricey. Hard to say if it's worth it. Depends how bad the cheap plastics bother you.

They look nice! These visors don't telescope to cover the full length of the side windows, do they? This is one of my biggest gripes about my car. The oe visor leaves just enough gap at the rear end of the window for the sun to shine right in my eye unless I scoot the seat way up. Would be worth the price for that feature alone
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In my F33 they do not telescope. They used the same OEM part. Maybe if you find another part # that fits they can use that.

2023 BMW X3 M40i
2019 BMW X5 40iX
2019 BMW 440iX M Performance Cabriolet
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 01:31 AM   #6278
Ashm3_uk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I fitted gloss black twin slat kidney grills. Made a huge difference from the standard chrome surround ones.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Kaisah71.50
MSCD3184.50
      11-21-2019, 08:51 AM   #6279
Jvac
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i rwd

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In my F33 they do not telescope. They used the same OEM part. Maybe if you find another part # that fits they can use that.
Did a quick search on the forum, and it looks like this is not something that bmw deems necessary on a luxury car. Only found threads with the same complaints and a couple of aftermarket band-aid style fixes, but no legitimate fix. My kingdom for an extending visor!
      11-21-2019, 09:22 AM   #6280
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

The visor length and lack of adjustment option does suck.

Last night was perfect car wash weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:08 AM   #6281
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Couple of days ago I used a custom harness from TechnicPNP to reinstall my stock HiFi amp alongside my upgraded Bavsound / Bimmertech one. No pics of install and F31 is back in storage, but I will post a detailed write-up when I do the same for my F23 in a week or so. Now running 3 amps:

1. Bavsound for audio
2. JL for trunk sub
3. Stock HiFi for CAN bus only

Decided this was necessary after convertible went to dealer for unrelated issue and they couldn't program a new sensor without reinstalling the factory amp. Now as far as the car is concerned the stock amp is still alive and well, should avoid the need to rip anything apart in the future. Below is a photo of the connector TechnicPNP made me along with a diagram of what goes where to tap into the connector and amp for power.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-21-2019, 10:24 AM   #6282
BeerHerder
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335, G01 X3, Victory Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Couple of days ago I used a custom harness from TechnicPNP to reinstall my stock HiFi amp alongside my upgraded Bavsound / Bimmertech one. No pics of install and F31 is back in storage, but I will post a detailed write-up when I do the same for my F23 in a week or so. Now running 3 amps:

1. Bavsound for audio
2. JL for trunk sub
3. Stock HiFi for CAN bus only

Decided this was necessary after convertible went to dealer for unrelated issue and they couldn't program a new sensor without reinstalling the factory amp. Now as far as the car is concerned the stock amp is still alive and well, should avoid the need to rip anything apart in the future. Below is a photo of the connector TechnicPNP made me along with a diagram of what goes where to tap into the connector and amp for power.
That's wild. Audio amp required for installing a sensor...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #6283
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHerder View Post
That's wild. Audio amp required for installing a sensor...
Yes, I am no engineer and don't really understand all the details but...

Without the stock amp installed there's a break in the chain, so to speak, and the system won't allow an update. The sensor in question was for my alarm system of all things.
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #6284
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328d Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
Decoupled the ambient lighting from the cluster dimming. Wow, what a difference! (No Blockbuster video jokes, please) 🤪
Allows the driver to dim ambient lighting separately (with Bimmercode or iDrive) from the gauges/dash. This is most noticeable with the LCI ambient lighting trim.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:41 AM   #6285
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Over the past few days:

Replaced cheap headlight eyelid stickers with carbon fiber eyelids

Cleaned and conditioned seats (Trying Ethos cleaner and conditioner for the first time)

Replaced driver pull handle (above window) with sunglasses holder (no more reaching over passengers to get in the glovebox). Cool little mod!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #6286
Kaisah
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i F30 LCI

Garage List
2017 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by haagm58 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
Decoupled the ambient lighting from the cluster dimming. Wow, what a difference! (No Blockbuster video jokes, please) 🤪
Allows the driver to dim ambient lighting separately (with Bimmercode or iDrive) from the gauges/dash. This is most noticeable with the LCI ambient lighting trim.
Ah. I have the dash turned up to full and don't mind it, so no benefit for me
Appreciate 1
haagm58809.50
      11-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #6287
///M Wagon
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i X-Drive Wagon

Garage List
2016 BMW F31  [0.00]
Washed it and put on the new BBS CH-R wheels and Yokohama tires......have only had it about 2 months now but loving it more every time I driver it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
MSCD3184.50
otay826.00
haagm58809.50
      11-21-2019, 05:14 PM   #6288
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Over the past few days:
Replaced driver pull handle (above window) with sunglasses holder (no more reaching over passengers to get in the glovebox).
Where did you source the holder? Thanks!
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 1
haagm58809.50
      11-21-2019, 10:46 PM   #6289
BMWApp
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i, 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashm3_uk View Post
I fitted gloss black twin slat kidney grills. Made a huge difference from the standard chrome surround ones.
I did the same thing on my 340i. I really like the look.
Attached Images

haagm58809.50
Ashm3_uk138.50
      11-21-2019, 10:50 PM   #6290
BMWApp
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i, 2015 435i

I got a great deal on the Dinan Elite tuner and Active Autowerke performance exhaust and had them installed the other day. I love how the car drives and sounds now. So much better!
Attached Images

haagm58809.50
otay826.00
      11-23-2019, 06:52 AM   #6291
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
Quote:
Over the past few days:
Replaced driver pull handle (above window) with sunglasses holder (no more reaching over passengers to get in the glovebox).
Where did you source the holder? Thanks!
eBay! It looks and works great. The glasses don't slide around inside at all and they're easy to access now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 06:54 AM   #6292
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWApp View Post
I got a great deal on the Dinan Elite tuner and Active Autowerke performance exhaust and had them installed the other day. I love how the car drives and sounds now. So much better!
Very nice! I bet it feels and sounds like a totally different car. I need to find more options for my diesel...so far I've only found the Buzzken exhaust which I'm sure is good, but I'd like a few options to choose from.
Appreciate 1
BMWApp224.00