F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

12-11-2019, 04:19 PM   #1519
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielisimous View Post
Also if you are using USB try to do the same with a SD card but try all methods... other than that could be that update wouldn't help maybe needed for the version you had installed before the new update and try to update again
thank you, i´ve tried everything trust me, i dont know what more can i do..
If someone could send me an update .img of android 9.0 px6 to do the same process in the sd with sd boot tool i will try with that again.. but i dont see nothing..
I dont understand why liters of fuel and velocity appears real in the star of the radio and no signal.. if the radio were broken the screen shouldnt start..

Please help
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 05:51 PM   #1520
Gabrielisimous
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 328i 2013, E46 325i 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitoncho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielisimous View Post
Also if you are using USB try to do the same with a SD card but try all methods... other than that could be that update wouldn't help maybe needed for the version you had installed before the new update and try to update again
thank you, i´ve tried everything trust me, i dont know what more can i do..
If someone could send me an update .img of android 9.0 px6 to do the same process in the sd with sd boot tool i will try with that again.. but i dont see nothing..
I dont understand why liters of fuel and velocity appears real in the star of the radio and no signal.. if the radio were broken the screen shouldnt start..

Please help
Check your inbox
      12-11-2019, 11:08 PM   #1521
gauchodan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuBilal View Post
I had the ZLINK apk on my unit which I tried but it comes up with daemon failed notice. Can’t get it working with or without the dongle. What’s bugging me is this video which used autokit and their own dongle:

https://youtu.be/XwUjDcBlafs

So I’m wondering where the problem lies: unit, software or dongle.
I had this issue to start too. It eventually worked after toggling everything on/off and I deleted/reinstalled the app. Also make sure the unit has a hotspot on. The phone needs to connect to the unit's wifi to work. I think it also needs to connect to android bluetooth...although mine uses OEM for audio.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 11:21 PM   #1522
gauchodan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuBilal View Post
Hey I think we have the same screen from Navidom. Blue anti glare?

'm currently in talks with them about my screen looking grainy when viewing light/white images. Either the screen resolution is busted or its the matte coating.

Can you post a pic of your screen on Google chrome browser or something that has a white background please? Yours looks a lot shaper!
There is definitely a matte look/feel to the screen that's much more noticable with a white background. The coating makes the photo looks worse than it does in person, but hope it helps. The CarPlay photo is a little grainy bc I'm driving. It's arguably too bright at night in CarPlay even when dimmed.

Oh, another thing about this screen...you can't see it at all with polarized sunglasses! Super annoying.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 03:24 AM   #1523
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 Alpine White

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2017 BMW F30 330D  [0.00]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Got an older unit mcuver 615042aALS-NBT and it keeps going to a black screen when in android mode. Doesnt do it all the time but enough so that its annoying the hell out of me Any fix for this ?
      12-12-2019, 04:02 AM   #1524
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Newest update file for snapdragon:

Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v3.6.3-ota.zip

// Seems that the update is corrupt.
Im going to upload the new file as soon as I will get it from my supplier.

Last edited by daschacka; 12-12-2019 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
Kri1083.50
      12-12-2019, 04:42 AM   #1525
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post

corrupted
Hy Daschacka

Have you sucessfully installed this file ?
I have downloaded it serval times, but the file seems to be corrupt.
It can not be unpacked.

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 12-12-2019 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 04:48 AM   #1526
seaman5705
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post

https://mega.nz/#!mw0hSYiY!Kh-fU2UoS...f8XRPTHfuZec04
Thanks , but I got a broken archive . Anyone else ?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:52 AM   #1527
XbimE84
Private
Rep
Drives: E84 Sdrive 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by XbimE84 View Post
COIKA 8 Core Android 9.0 Systeem Auto Stereo Recorder GPS Navi PIP 4 + 64G RAM WIFI 4G SWC Google IPT Screen 5.0 from aliexpress, snapdragon and asked to pay extra for built in carplay.
Got the carplay working again after factory reset, just a reboot connected to wifi did the trick. But joke of the day, even If they advertise android auto, they don't have it for zlink now? Seller says the snapdragon developers didn't buy the code for this from zlink company but will do in the future?

seems a litte bit of bullshit to me ;-/

I installed headunit reloaded for the moment V5.0 and works great for android auto, but no idrive controls
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:58 AM   #1528
franbass
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

Quote:
Got the carplay working again after factory reset, just a reboot connected to wifi did the trick. But joke of the day, even If they advertise android auto, they don't have it for zlink now? Seller says the snapdragon developers didn't buy the code for this from zlink company but will do in the future?

seems a litte bit of bullshit to me ;-/

I installed headunit reloaded for the moment V5.0 and works great for android auto, but no idrive controls
ZLINK is an app right? with this app carplay works? it works without carplay/adroid auto adapter?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:13 AM   #1529
XbimE84
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by franbass View Post
ZLINK is an app right? with this app carplay works? it works without carplay/adroid auto adapter?
only when the chip is built in the unit
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:46 AM   #1530
cederron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

One question out of ignorance/curiosity ...
Why all the craze with Carplay / Android Auto ?
What is the necessity of having Carplay/AndroidAuto when you have a full featured Android unit ready to be used ?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:51 AM   #1531
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by cederron View Post
What is the necessity of having Carplay/AndroidAuto when you have a full featured Android unit ready to be used ?
People want to have their Whatsapp, Spotify,Waze, Siri, Internet, ect services on Screen and don`t want to fiddle around with Android itself.

So its a About of what your Userprofile is.

For me i prefer using Android native (Android Auto Native also doesn`t support Widescreen at the moment).

Kri
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:52 AM   #1532
seaman5705
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
I never understood , since one can run any app native in Android unit.
Maybe voice commands ?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:57 AM   #1533
XbimE84
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
People want to have their Whatsapp, Spotify,Waze, Siri, Internet, ect services on Screen and don`t want to fiddle around with Android itself.

So its a About of what your Userprofile is.

For me i prefer using Android native (Android Auto Native also doesn`t support Widescreen at the moment).

Kri
headunit reloaded 5.0 supports the widescreens perfectly, but no idrive controle
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 07:01 AM   #1534
XbimE84
Private
Rep

Quote:
it's all stand alone and not connected to your phone + idrive controls for all in carplay

like spotify, i have download albums on my phone, if you use the app on the unit, you have no idrive controls and no access to these albums -> 4g streaming

on the otherhand spotify alone looks great on the unit

like said here, it's just a handy combination of some apps + phone control like messages and whatsapp, being able to dictate a message while driving is very handy or ask google/siri to call someone for example or play a song..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 07:23 AM   #1535
XbimE84
Private
Rep

any thought on these:

1) In the music player, the song 'highlighted' isn't the song playing.
Could be song 15 playing for example but highlight song 1, if you scroll, you start on top instead of scrolling at the song playing.

2) when selecting a song with controller, when you scroll to another song down the list it always goes a song up first and then down?

3) going to oem system will always have splitscreen activated, I normally don't use this, is this a setting?

4) did someone get idrive controls to work in other apps? like spotify

kr

Last edited by XbimE84; 12-12-2019 at 07:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 08:10 AM   #1536
Shrazy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
any thought on these:
Could be song 15 playing for example but highlight song 1, if you scroll, you start on top instead of scrolling at the song playing.

There is a button on the right side which says something like "jump to playing song" in music player try it.

3) going to oem system will always have splitscreen activated, I normally don't use this, is this a setting?

This is not splitscreen but it shows fuel left in that way as otherwise it would be stretched. It can be coded with bimmerworks app but I don't know exactly how I jsut leave it that way

Yes I got it working you need an app called MTCD tools. I will send it via pm. Just install it, it will auto start everytime and make spotify control work. If it doesn't work sometimes, start first the original music player, then close it and then start spotify again. Anyways you need to start original music player first everytime to make keys work, this is the way the shitty head units are coded unfortunately, as the developers where to lazy to exclude key control service from music player app, it is binded inside.

BR

Last edited by Shrazy; 12-12-2019 at 08:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #1537
Ericokta
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW f20 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrazy View Post
1)

Yes I got it working you need an app called MTCD tools. I will send it via pm. Just install it, it will auto start everytime and make spotify control work. If it doesn't work sometimes, start first the original music player, then close it and then start spotify again. Anyways you need to start original music player first everytime to make keys work, this is the way the shitty head units are coded unfortunately, as the developers where to lazy to exclude key control service from music player app, it is binded inside.

BR
Does it work for spotify only or can be used in other apps as well ?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 08:43 AM   #1538
XbimE84
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrazy View Post

There is a button on the right side which says something like "jump to playing song" in music player try it.

hmz, didn't notice, will take a look this evening.

This is not splitscreen but it shows fuel left in that way as otherwise it would be stretched. It can be coded with bimmerworks app but I don't know exactly how I jsut leave it that way

i have CIC system, it's splitscreen, I can shut it of in the oem menu

thanks, I'll give it a try!
BR
thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #1539
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericokta View Post
Does it work for spotify only or can be used in other apps as well ?
Firefly1337 made an app if you have Snapdragon ( NOT FOR PX6 ) [ iDriveListener.apk ] that enables idrive control amongst all android apps.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=1136

To install it you have to root first then follow steps ( requires some IT / Android Knowledge, You can brick your device ) :

1 - Root the unit ( 1 click script here - ) :
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=864

2 - Install (Ed)Xposed ( apps in share below ) :

3 - Install iDriveListener.apk

4 - Enable it in the Xposed Manager app, reboot

You should now have iDrive control across all apps in Android ( not carplay ).
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #1540
XbimE84
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20 View Post
Firefly1337 made an app if you have Snapdragon ( NOT FOR PX6 ) [ iDriveListener.apk ] that enables idrive control amongst all android apps.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=1136

To install it you have to root first then follow steps ( requires some IT / Android Knowledge, You can brick your device ) :

1 - Root the unit ( 1 click script here - ) :
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=864

2 - Install (Ed)Xposed ( apps in share below ) :

3 - Install iDriveListener.apk

4 - Enable it in the Xposed Manager app, reboot

You should now have iDrive control across all apps in Android ( not carplay ).
Sounds goods, beside the root part, don't want to risk bricking this unit.
Appreciate 0