F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

01-03-2020, 10:33 AM   #1827
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Netflix & CFlumen

I have two minor news.

1st one is Netflix for Android 9
EDIT: does work with Android 10 from Update 1.8.4 on!

I digged a little bit about the issue why it does not work and found out that simply the google DRM system called "Widevine" ist just missing on the new units.
I tried to use the files from the PX6 Android 8.1 , Widevine system is then installed but the Level is "unknown", so it`s not working.

Luckly i found a modified (but rather old) Netflix 4 APK which has windive enabled hardcoded.

So you can download a modified working Netflix App here (mirror link).

note: you still need a Netflix subscription.

Second one is CF.lumen

I had some troubles to use CF.lumen 3.70 from play store, it sometimes just didn`t worked very well.
I found out there does exist a newer beta version, CF-Lumen 3.72 Test, which can be downloaded here.

It is better to let the app run in compatibility mode, it`s working better now on my HU at least.

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 01-31-2022 at 12:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:30 PM   #1828
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

I just installed the 8-core Snapdragon version of this in my F82 and have a few issues I'm hoping somebody can help with. The version I have for my NBT EVO HU is slightly different than what I've seen in other reviews in that it doesn't just plug into the factory head unit and the new screen but also has an extra box that plugs into both; I dunno if that's relevant...

Bottom of screen cut off
The very bottom of the display in the Android view is clipped just a bit. (See pic below) While it's not enough to be a huge issue it's annoying in a couple of apps. The iDrive display appears to be perfect.

4G Reception
From the pages of this thread that I've made it through so far it looks like most people have the sim card slot on the display itself. Mine is in a little holder at the end of a cable plugged into that extra box I mentioned at the beginning. Thing is my 4G reception kind of sucks; is that little holder the antenna? If so it might be worth the time to relocate it to see if I can get a better signal; right now it's behind the side panel next to the glove box for easy yet hidden access.

The other issues like muddy sound and no access to the Android Bluetooth menu (I want to connect to my Carly adapter) seem to be known things that people are working on so I'll just keep my eyes open for updates there.

Edit: Has anybody tried plugging in a USB bluetooth adapter to see if that gives us what we need to connect to other BT devices?
Attached Images

Last edited by Tangent; 01-03-2020 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 02:49 PM   #1829
Kuj0n
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 320xdA B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Second one is CF.lumen

I had some troubles to use CF.lumen 3.70 from play store, it sometimes just didn`t worked very well.
I found out there does exist a newer beta version, CF-Lumen 3.72 Test, which can be downloaded here.

It is better to let the app run in compatibility mode, it`s working better now on my HU at least.

Kri
Is this app just changing color filter depending on sunset or can switch the brightness?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #1830
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuj0n View Post
Is this app just changing color filter depending on sunset or can switch the brightness?
It can do both, color filter and true brightness control based on geolocation sunset/sunrise time

I`m only using brightness control.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 03:39 PM   #1831
Kuj0n
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 320xdA B47

Quote:
It can do both, color filter and true brightness control based on geolocation sunset/sunrise time

I`m only using brightness control.

Kri
Ok. Today i have installed this app and saw only those annoying color filters. I'll try tomorrow again and look for brightness options.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 04:27 PM   #1832
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuj0n View Post
Ok. Today i have installed this app and saw only those annoying color filters. I'll try tomorrow again and look for brightness options.
Edit: guide to install CF.lumen
Latest CF.lumen version 3.72 can be found here.
Install it, and accept the permissions.
Click on "Location" and let if find your location -> save
Change "Daytime" and "Sundown" color filter like shown on the picture.

I know the settings menu`s are a little bit weired.
when you select your filter (daytime/sundown) the brightness control is behind the gear icon on the top right corner

Kri
Attached Images

Last edited by Kri; 01-11-2020 at 04:19 AM..
Appreciate 1
Kuj0n10.50
      01-03-2020, 06:59 PM   #1833
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Hey everyone, has anyone figured how to make waze app total full screen yet? Also , when using waze, I don't get any sound but when it's side by side with let's say youtube, I can hear the interruptions but still no sound from notifications or guidance. Third, sometimes the arrow will be off . It's connected via Y splitter. I'm using a ID 7 Android 9 PX6 Rockchip Version 720HD black screen version. Thanks in advance for any info sent this way.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 03:47 AM   #1834
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
4G Reception
From the pages of this thread that I've made it through so far it looks like most people have the sim card slot on the display itself. Mine is in a little holder at the end of a cable plugged into that extra box I mentioned at the beginning. Thing is my 4G reception kind of sucks; is that little holder the antenna? If so it might be worth the time to relocate it to see if I can get a better signal; right now it's behind the side panel next to the glove box for easy yet hidden access.
In my case SIM dongle is just for holding the SIM card. The actual GSM antenna is attached to the main PCB and routed to the top of the screen - this is however for a single body unit without a separate box, but I honestly doubt that your dongle would act as an antenna at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 03:59 AM   #1835
seaman5705
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
I just installed the 8-core Snapdragon version of this in my F82 and have a few issues I'm hoping somebody can help with. The version I have for my NBT EVO HU is slightly different than what I've seen in other reviews in that it doesn't just plug into the factory head unit and the new screen but also has an extra box that plugs into both; I dunno if that's relevant...

Bottom of screen cut off
The very bottom of the display in the Android view is clipped just a bit. (See pic below) While it's not enough to be a huge issue it's annoying in a couple of apps. The iDrive display appears to be perfect.

4G Reception

The other issues like muddy sound and no access to the Android Bluetooth menu (I want to connect to my Carly adapter) seem to be known things that people are working on so I'll just keep my eyes open for updates there.

Edit: Has anybody tried plugging in a USB bluetooth adapter to see if that gives us what we need to connect to other BT devices?
You probably have Andream unit with splitbox . 4G-Wifi antenna is on the splitbox under that black tape - that is why you have poor reception . The only solution is to open the box and replace that antenna with a better one with longer wire , placed in a better positon , not on the box.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #1836
justa3bmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Anyone found a solution? I have a HU-Entry model which was OEM 6.5 inch screen. After installing new screen no matter what setting I select the screen is either stretched out on OEM side or looks normal with cutoff wierd carinfo (which I would like to disable and get normal full screen)
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 09:26 AM   #1837
Svenson
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa3bmw View Post
Anyone found a solution? I have a HU-Entry model which was OEM 6.5 inch screen. After installing new screen no matter what setting I select the screen is either stretched out on OEM side or looks normal with cutoff wierd carinfo (which I would like to disable and get normal full screen)
You must code your entry nav to use a bigger screen.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 10:36 AM   #1838
Adamantio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 420d G.C Msport

Hey guys, is there a way to keep our unit's wifi hotspot active even with the car turned off?
I have a Blackvue dashcam and I wanted to keep it connected to its Cloud so that I can view live videos
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 11:03 AM   #1839
seaman5705
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantio View Post
Hey guys, is there a way to keep our unit's wifi hotspot active even with the car turned off?
I have a Blackvue dashcam and I wanted to keep it connected to its Cloud so that I can view live videos
As long as you can not keep Android alive after 1 minute or so , no it is not possible . It has been discussed .
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #1840
Joecoxlvi
Rep
Drives: F30

Hello guys, I ordered the head unit from droiduk but since they delayed my order (for some fishy reasons) I had to cancel it, any suggestions for some good quality headunit, hussle free preferably the snapgradon one with top specs, much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 05:09 PM   #1841
Papisurf
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Hi, I have the snapdragon and version 3.6.8 and the sound when I play YouTube, Spotify ... is very low.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 07:20 PM   #1842
seaman5705
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecoxlvi View Post
Hello guys, I ordered the head unit from droiduk but since they delayed my order (for some fishy reasons) I had to cancel it, any suggestions for some good quality headunit, hussle free preferably the snapgradon one with top specs, much appreciated.
There is no "hussle free" unit . Even the original has bugs , limitations , things to be desired .
You read all topic and you decide which one is best for you . They are pretty much the same , only support from vendor is different .
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 04:22 AM   #1843
kostas_GR
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel View Post
uploaded
Hi all! I have this screen but I am facing a basic problem... I don’t have the password for the factory settings! Any ideas? I tried 1314 which is used in most screens but it doesn’t work! :-(
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 04:27 AM   #1844
kostas_GR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas_GR View Post
Hi all! I have this screen but I am facing a basic problem... I don’t have the password for the factory settings! Any ideas? I tried 1314 which is used in most screens but it doesn’t work! :-(
Just to clarify - I mean same screen like the one in the photos of page 64 in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 05:10 AM   #1845
Svenson
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Search factory_config here and update your device.
Then you will have default 1314.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #1846
kostas_GR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenson View Post
Search factory_config here and update your device.
Then you will have default 1314.
I would appreciate if you could write a bit more detailed instructions because I am not very experienced with these androids units.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 06:19 AM   #1847
lehtee
Private
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
I have two minor news.

1st one is Netflix for Android 9

I digged a little bit about the issue why it does not work and found out that simply the google DRM system called "Widevine" ist just missing on the new units.
I tried to use the files from the PX6 Android 8.1 , Windive system is then installed but the Level is "unknown", so it`s not working.

Luckly i found a modified (but rather old) Netflix 4 APK which has windive enabled hardcoded.

So you can download a modified working Netflix App here (mirror link).

note: you still need a Netflix subscription.
I never understood the Netflix discussion here, I have Android 9 Snapdragon unit and Netflix works just fine without any tricks
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 06:26 AM   #1848
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehtee View Post
I never understood the Netflix discussion here, I have Android 9 Snapdragon unit and Netflix works just fine without any tricks
Thats interessting, can you please install DRM Info from play store and show us the installed DRM Systems ?
Also please the Systeminfo Screen.

Kri
Appreciate 0