F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
ARMA SPEED

01-10-2020, 02:58 AM   #1937
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M-Sport (2013)

Has anyone tried Android 9 with built-in wireless carplay ?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 03:08 AM   #1938
akirax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeal View Post
Kri, thank you very much for your support.

I will install the new update, i have a problem with the volumen, when i start my device, the sound is low and i need push apps icon to increase it. I hope that it is right now.

Best regards,
Something similar to me.

I've a problem with the Android side sound.

If I configure the equalizer and the volume and only reboot (I'm root) the Android side, the values are saved and sound is ok, but if I power off the car (original and Android side powers off), then the sound of the Android side is not with the saved values, I mean, I see the saved values are that I was saved, but the sound is not the same, I need to reconfigure the volume and equalizer again.

If you want to try if you've the problem, put volume to 30 and all the values of user equalizer to the max, the power off the car, wait until the original and Android side power off and then power on the Android side and check if the sound is ok?

If you've the problem You'll ear immediately that the sound is lower and diferent. Then you can check going to volume and/or equalizer and move it, if you can hear big change is because you have the problem too.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 03:16 AM   #1939
Shrazy
Private
Rep

Can someone try to get the latest feature packed update from SD625 for PX6? I already asked my dealer, they have it but won't give it out due to their standard answers with their broken english "dear friend, if it can work everything there is no need".

PX6 guys can y'all contact your vendors and keep agressively asking for the update? I wanna use IDrive system wide and not only in certain apps and bluetooth natively for many reasons. I'll keep asking my vendor too until he sends. It doesn't cost them any money I can't understand their refusive behaviour against customers who paid them a lot of money..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 03:55 AM   #1940
uris
Rep
Drives: F31

Snapdragon

Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v3.8.0-ota
BMW-OEM(黄) V3.66 2019.12.12
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 05:14 AM   #1941
elnino72
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by uris View Post
I just made the update but 3.8 the can bus network went haywire
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 05:16 AM   #1942
uris
Rep
Drives: F31

Everything works for me, I uploaded today
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 05:20 AM   #1943
lehtee
Private
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
Has anyone tried Android 9 with built-in wireless carplay ?
Yes (with Z-Link app), worked fine but only tested briefly. And I don't know if there is a way to automatically start it on boot, if not its pretty useless.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 05:28 AM   #1944
franbass
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Headunit Reloaded app that lets you run Android Auto over wifi.
Is this app in the play store? Or do I need root?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 05:58 AM   #1945
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by franbass View Post
Does the "function remember the last mode" work? In my device always remember the last mode, I want to start in the OEM side always but
it doesn't work.
For me it does work most time, but the feature at all seems to only work when the Power was off at least one minute to let the Android System shut down.
when you shut your car off and immediately on again, it does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirax View Post
Something similar to me.

I've a problem with the Android side sound.

If I configure the equalizer and the volume and only reboot (I'm root) the Android side, the values are saved and sound is ok, but if I power off the car (original and Android side powers off), then the sound of the Android side is not with the saved values, I mean, I see the saved values are that I was saved, but the sound is not the same, I need to reconfigure the volume and equalizer again.

If you want to try if you've the problem, put volume to 30 and all the values of user equalizer to the max, the power off the car, wait until the original and Android side power off and then power on the Android side and check if the sound is ok?

If you've the problem You'll ear immediately that the sound is lower and diferent. Then you can check going to volume and/or equalizer and move it, if you can hear big change is because you have the problem too.

Cheers.
I`ve tested this, yes this seems to not work (sound and Equalizer), even when you change the valuse at Factory_config.
something which has to be reported to the chinese.
the over all loudness issue when booting is already known, there is a workaround using tasker to start and close the default music app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmirage View Post
I meant the night mode. Didn't see it before or looked over it. It can be set manually to go to night mode or off. but it can also appearantly now also do it itself on sunrise/sundown. dont know where it gets that info from but it looked like it worked. but i was indeed on quite a old version. hadnt updated it since i got it delivered 3 weeks ago. i actually even read all 88 pages of this and even the previous topic first haha.

Well im quite happy with the sound now and i even had to route it to the aux in my armrest since i got the bluetooth module on my front aux and i still use the BT from the original for calls since that is also a bit horrendous in the SD625 version. You did mention something updated on the audio driver side in this 3.8.0 version also right, or?
Sorry, i don`t get it what you mean by "night mode" can you show me a picture ?

The drivers have been changed nearly every version, but sometimes only the hash values have changed not real sourcecode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino72 View Post
haywire ?
you have reconfigured your settings at factory settings again ?

If issues occur after updating, its always the best to performe a Factory Reset installation procedure.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 06:07 AM   #1946
franbass
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino72 View Post
Turn off the car, wait a few minutes and after turn on again. I had the same problem, no, I always have this mistake after update and I solve it like this
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 06:10 AM   #1947
franbass
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
For me it does work most time, but the feature at all seems to only work when the Power was off at least one minute to let the Android System shut down.
when you shut your car off and immediately on again, it does not work.
For me It never works, and I don't know why, I'm going to try to update, maybe it will be solved with the new software
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 06:15 AM   #1948
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Is this app in the play store? Or do I need root?
To my understanding root is not required. Here is an official thread on XDA forum

You will find a guide there and trial version to test if it works with your unit. If you're happy with HUR you can purchase a full version from Play Store
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2020, 06:21 AM   #1949
oche
Registered
Spain
Rep
Drives: bmw f20

Update PX6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrazy View Post
There is an update for PX6 2019110401 which I already installed a few weeks ago. There is no real difference I would stay at that version when there is no bug.
Hi, can somebody post a link to download this firmware update version?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 06:21 AM   #1950
akirax
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
For me It never works, and I don't know why, I'm going to try to update, maybe it will be solved with the new software
If I use the latest factory xml also didn't work. I use older factory xml and don't have this problem.

With latest from kri I've the problem, with 20191204 also from kri I don't have the problem.

I don't know why.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 06:23 AM   #1951
lehtee
Private
Rep
Drives: F20

Just updated from 3.7.5 to 3.8.0. IDrive support is great!

However as someone already mentioned, the update seemed to introduce a bug with sound level. It is inconsistent between reboots. Have to go to the settings and adjust volume to get it right.

Remember last mode seems to be working for me, but as Kri said only if the car was off for enough time. Using factory_config from Kri, and my setting is on "Always android side"
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 06:36 AM   #1952
Xanderl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

Is there a Radio FM App on the Android side? I dont wann to Switch all the time to hear radio on oem, becouse After i Switch to oem Radio i dont hear navigation Sounds From Android anymore

And how do i install The Factory.xml?
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2020, 06:45 AM   #1953
franbass
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
If I use the latest factory xml also didn't work. I use older factory xml and don't have this problem.

With latest from kri I've the problem, with 20191204 also from kri I don't have the problem.

I don't know why.

Cheers.
Snapdragon device? Can you send me the file please?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 06:54 AM   #1954
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:

I don't know why.

Cheers.
thats why i recommend to compare the new file first with our existing file
there is no CAN bus related active option at the file, only the can
The file content should be mostly self explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderl View Post
Is there a Radio FM App on the Android side? I dont wann to Switch all the time to hear radio on oem, becouse After i Switch to oem Radio i dont hear navigation Sounds From Android anymore

And how do i install The Factory.xml?
Nop there is no Radio App for OEM control.

Create a folder called "OEM" on your thumbdrive, plug it into your headunit and wait some time.
the file will be importet automatically, there will appear a short popup message when it was sucessfull.

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 01-10-2020 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #1955
floc
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 F87 M2  [0.00]
amazing news about idrive support! Cant wait to test
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 09:02 AM   #1956
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoface View Post
Also, I have front PDC. When I put in reverse, PDC is activated. When I put in 1st gear, camera screen will disappear but original PDC is still active. I want behavior like original PDC. Can this be done somehow?
This issue is solved for me (E87) in app 3.8.0. Now the camera/PDC interface stays active also when shifting from reverse to first gear. And can also be activated with the button in center console. Just like original. Very happy now.

I mounted this fisheye camera. Seems to have good picture quality, will compare with original camera in i3 later today.
Appreciate 1
twoface52.50
      01-10-2020, 09:19 AM   #1957
oche
Registered
Spain
Rep
Drives: bmw f20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrazy View Post
There is an update for PX6 2019110401 which I already installed a few weeks ago. There is no real difference I would stay at that version when there is no bug.
hi, can you share this file??

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 09:32 AM   #1958
Xanderl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
thats why i recommend to compare the new file first with our existing file
there is no CAN bus related active option at the file, only the can
The file content should be mostly self explained.

Nop there is no Radio App for OEM control.

Create a folder called "OEM" on your thumbdrive, plug it into your headunit and wait some time.
the file will be importet automatically, there will appear a short popup message when it was sucessfull.

Kri

In the OEM Folder i Must put the Factory.xml Right ?
Appreciate 0