F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
ARMA SPEED

01-13-2020, 04:53 PM   #2047
ozumct
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 420d Gran Coupé (F36)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozumct View Post
How can i make the navi button go to Android navi instead of OEM? Couldn't find that setting og Android side, i use version 3.6.8
Factory settings, Vehicle, Map key selection: Options are Android Navi or Car Navi.
Password for Factory menu is usually 1314, or 0 if you used the factory_config from Kri on this forum.
Yeah, I have already tried this.

When i am on Android side, it opens Android navi app (i use Waze), but if i am on OEM side, first click on Navi Burton opens OEM Navigation, second click opens Waze
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 05:15 PM   #2048
lehtee
Private
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozumct View Post
Yeah, I have already tried this.

When i am on Android side, it opens Android navi app (i use Waze), but if i am on OEM side, first click on Navi Burton opens OEM Navigation, second click opens Waze
Hmm, sounds like a bug!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 09:14 PM   #2049
Pondaire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
I give up... for now at least. I've tried few different methods of signing apk file and result is always the same: App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt.

Side note: changing file extension form .apk to .rar, replacing resources, signing app etc. works fine till I try to install it. However, when I edit app through the APK Editor and try to re-build it I end up with over 600 errors: libpng warning iCCP known incorrect sRGB profile. Pretty much every single png file I didn't touch. This could be easily ignored but APK Editor won't finish re-building with these errors present.
Have you tried apktool on your laptop, make an easy edit to the smali code (like add a toast that confirms the app has been successfully modified) and then recompile with apktool?
Finally, on your headunit with Lucky Patcher's signature verification disabled simply install it.

If you send me the apk I can try adding a toast on start and send it back to you. Just make sure you have a way to recover the headunit if the installation doesn't go through correctly.
Appreciate 1
RedErik1023.50
      01-14-2020, 01:13 AM   #2050
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondaire View Post
Have you tried apktool on your laptop, make an easy edit to the smali code (like add a toast that confirms the app has been successfully modified) and then recompile with apktool?
Finally, on your headunit with Lucky Patcher's signature verification disabled simply install it.

If you send me the apk I can try adding a toast on start and send it back to you. Just make sure you have a way to recover the headunit if the installation doesn't go through correctly.
Thanks Pondaire, I haven't tried apktool yet. I'll give it a go and let you know if that worked for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 02:03 AM   #2051
ozumct
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 420d Gran Coupé (F36)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehtee View Post
Hmm, sounds like a bug!
Yes i think so.. But still, i think it would be the best workaround if it is possible to code the Android unit, to have two different "Car Display" settings, so it has the (6.5",10.25") setting when you enter the Navigation, and (8.8",10.25") setting on rest of the OEM side.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:23 AM   #2052
zorglubxx
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 Touring

Quick question for all the experts around here.

I'm looking at buying the Navifly snapdragon unit for my E91 with CIC:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32900353654.html (4G/64G LTE for CIC)

Since it comes with LTE for internet connectivity do you think I need to worry about also getting a USB Android Auto adapter like this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33034329378.html or I will be pretty well covered?

Btw, it's been insane combing through AliExpress to find the right version... So many clones and not so clones. Eg Andream was offering only the PX6 version for cars with CIC. I was happy to finally find the above one that offered snapdragon for CIC.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:40 AM   #2053
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
hmm, also won`t work

Kri
Kri, could you have one more look at this ? This one doesn't throw any errors so fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 07:40 AM   #2054
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorglubxx View Post
Quick question for all the experts around here.

I'm looking at buying the Navifly snapdragon unit for my E91 with CIC:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32900353654.html (4G/64G LTE for CIC)

Since it comes with LTE for internet connectivity do you think I need to worry about also getting a USB Android Auto adapter like this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33034329378.html or I will be pretty well covered?

Btw, it's been insane combing through AliExpress to find the right version... So many clones and not so clones. Eg Andream was offering only the PX6 version for cars with CIC. I was happy to finally find the above one that offered snapdragon for CIC.
Personally I wouldn't bother with a USB adapter. Although the unit you're getting will sit deep in the dash which makes all touch interaction a bit awkward. However if you want to use Android Auto, just get Headunit Reloded app (official thread here) and use it with AA.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 08:20 AM   #2055
gheka
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
This issue is solved for me (E87) in app 3.8.0. Now the camera/PDC interface stays active also when shifting from reverse to first gear. And can also be activated with the button in center console. Just like original. Very happy now.

I mounted this fisheye camera. Seems to have good picture quality, will compare with original camera in i3 later today.
Hello! In my case, with the upgrade to 3.8.0, this problem remained. Did you just update and immediately solve the problem?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 08:45 AM   #2056
zorglubxx
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Personally I wouldn't bother with a USB adapter. Although the unit you're getting will sit deep in the dash which makes all touch interaction a bit awkward. However if you want to use Android Auto, just get Headunit Reloded app (official thread here) and use it with AA.
I'm not sure what Headunit Reloded does. It mirrors the screen of the headunit on your phone?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 09:00 AM   #2057
Adamantio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 420d G.C Msport

Quote:
The issue is that, even when you select Car BT at factory settings, the Android BT Module is still active and can cause connection issues Between your Smartphone and Car BT.
The new "BT" switch, does disable Android BT module completely to not interference with the Car BT anymore.

I attached the Splashimages 1-7 from Update 3.0.8 below.

How to install:

* Unzip and copy your desired IMG File to your thumbdrive into a folder called "OEM"
* Rename the File to splash.img
* let the Unit boot up completely and insert the Thumbdrive.
* Wait a Minute -> Remove the Thumbdrive -> Done

What Unit/ Original Unit do you have, and how is your Sound Connected, AUX or USB ?

where you able to signature your new apk file ?
If the File won`t work your unit does stuck at boot and shows no Start screen anymore.
You can send me the file , i`ll do some testing, i know how to unbrick the unit then

Kri
I tried to do this to update my splash.img but it can't update
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 09:13 AM   #2058
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm not sure what Headunit Reloded does. It mirrors the screen of the headunit on your phone?
It allows you to run Android Auto over wifi on your head unit. Here is a quick demo.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 09:48 AM   #2059
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Kri, could you have one more look at this ? This one doesn't throw any errors so fingers crossed.
Hy, won`t work :/
i also tried installing this time, there does come a parsing error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantio View Post
I tried to do this to update my splash.img but it can't update
normally this should not be an issue:
Your Thumbdrive is Fat32 ? , file path is Drive:\OEM\splash.img ?
There does no message appear that the file has been sucesfully importet, just wait some time and do a reboot.

Oh, and this method only does work for snapdragon afaik !

Kri
Appreciate 1
RedErik1023.50
      01-14-2020, 10:10 AM   #2060
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Hy, won`t work :/
i also tried installing this time, there does come a parsing error

Kri
Thanks for all your help Kri, much appreciated.

Interesting thing is that when I run verification process on stock app it throws errors. To me it looks like there is something wrong with this app, yet somehow it works when installed via OTA update... or I'm stupid.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 10:17 AM   #2061
zorglubxx
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
It allows you to run Android Auto over wifi on your head unit. Here is a quick demo.
Oh interesting. Android Auto cannot be installed directly on the head unit since it has access to the Play store?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 11:09 AM   #2062
Xanderl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

to what and how did you connect your rear view camera? and if the Android automatically switches to reverse gear, I don't need a det cable connection or? Did you also install a filter or relay? My picture always disappeared (was switched to reverse light)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:16 PM   #2063
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Oh interesting. Android Auto cannot be installed directly on the head unit since it has access to the Play store?
I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. If you're looking to have Google Maps, Spotify and few other apps, you can run it all natively on the unit. If it's a different launcher/theme you're after, then there are few available out there. If you want to have integration of your notifications, messages along with maps, music streaming etc. you need Android Auto.

For Android Auto to work with your phone, you need to emulate its service on the unit and pair it with your phone. To emulate it you need HeadUnit Reloaded app installed.

Edit: I'm not running Android Auto myself. I just don't find it appealing. If you need detailed information I'm sure others will be willing to help.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 01:07 PM   #2064
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gheka View Post
Hello! In my case, with the upgrade to 3.8.0, this problem remained. Did you just update and immediately solve the problem?
Do you have a backup camera? This must be powered by the Android +12 Camera wire for this functionality (camera/PDC interface staying on while PDC is powered). Of course, when powered from elsewhere and using the Detect wire, the camera/PDC interface will close according to this power source.

Quote:
* Feature: Option to select reverse parking sensor display between OEM and Android
Just browsing through your bug/wish list. Did you know that this functionality can be achieved by selecting OEM Camera (Settings, System, Camera selection)? I tried this today, and it works.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 01:54 PM   #2065
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Just browsing through your bug/wish list. Did you know that this functionality can be achieved by selecting OEM Camera (Settings, System, Camera selection)? I tried this today, and it works.
Yes i was so stupid, , seems we had the same idea
Yesterday i had the same idea and testet it sucessfully

In Addition i`m thinking about, what if i code also front PDC into my car, will it then be active until i drive +15 km/h ?
But i can`t try the moment as i`m not able to code my car at the moment :/

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 02:43 PM   #2066
Xanderl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

Someone told me that i dont Need to Plug in the Aux cable on the armrest is this True? Becouse i have no sound Without aux on the armrest?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 03:15 PM   #2067
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
They did not reprogram the other buttons,this is not possible.
When you are at the Android system and move the controller they just send permanentely CAN Messages to factory HU to go to the splitscreen menu.
I did a testvideo that show`s this some time ago, you can check it here.

So while you are pressing all other buttons, audio input won`t change so don`t recognize this behaviour.
But with Radio/CD it would change, so you would notice that, and i bet on, when they would implement the Radio/CD buttons for sure people would complain about that short audio switching.
So the better solution for them is to not implement it at all.

Kri
Thanks for your thorough explanation. I'm still not convinced the answerer is "not possible", as the Chinese would say, but understand now that CD/Radio buttons are different because they actually change audio source (aux, cd, radio). There must be a way Android can snap up the commands from these button, and change behavior. I will study your video and try to figure out something.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 03:26 PM   #2068
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for all your help Kri, much appreciated.

Interesting thing is that when I run verification process on stock app it throws errors. To me it looks like there is something wrong with this app, yet somehow it works when installed via OTA update... or I'm stupid.
I did some testing with CF.lumen apk and was able to success full unpack/edit/repack, sign and install CF.lumen on my test mobile, all with out errors (it was pain in the a**).

I then did the same procedure with kswplauncher, and also no error message.
But the app does still not start, maybe something else , not signing related does prevent it from working ?

Kri
Appreciate 0