F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
Studio RSR

01-14-2020, 03:31 PM   #2069
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
In Addition i`m thinking about, what if i code also front PDC into my car, will it then be active until i drive +15 km/h ?
You're thinking of coding front PDC without having the PDC unit for this? If that is possible, you might well achieve this functionality. If not, you could retrofit just the right PDC unit, without any cabling. Interesting idea.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 03:43 PM   #2070
akirax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
Do you have a backup camera? This must be powered by the Android +12 Camera wire for this functionality (camera/PDC interface staying on while PDC is powered). Of course, when powered from elsewhere and using the Detect wire, the camera/PDC interface will close according to this power source.

Just browsing through your bug/wish list. Did you know that this functionality can be achieved by selecting OEM Camera (Settings, System, Camera selection)? I tried this today, and it works.
Originally I've front and back pdc.

I've my camera connected to the +12 from the Android only (also tried connecting to the rear lights) and when i put direct gear the camera/pdc disappears (i can ear pdc and pdc button is active).

At this moment If i switch from Android to original or viceversa then the camera/pdc appears again on the screen, also if i go to apps.

Is like the camera/pdc when i put direct gear is still active but Android or original have more priority and comes above camera/pdc and when i change from source Android/original then camera/pdc comes On.

Also if i manually switch on the pdc button, then the camera/pdc still active correctly until pdc is off.

It's a bug that can be fixed.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #2071
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirax View Post
Is like the camera/pdc when i put direct gear is still active but Android or original have more priority and comes above camera/pdc and when i change from source Android/original then camera/pdc comes On.
You have the latest MCU (see first post)?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:36 PM   #2072
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
I did some testing with CF.lumen apk and was able to success full unpack/edit/repack, sign and install CF.lumen on my test mobile, all with out errors (it was pain in the a**).

I then did the same procedure with kswplauncher, and also no error message.
But the app does still not start, maybe something else , not signing related does prevent it from working ?

Kri
Well that rises even more questions...

1. Does the signature has to be the same for all ksw apps? As far as I know signature is required to install app and sometimes same key is used for signing few app from the same vender to allow them sharing of sensitive data. Maybe that's the issue.

2. Does this app need to be installed (as update) or just dropped in place of the original one? Maybe replacing apk file, changing permissions and then rebooting would do the trick.

3. Some apps are protected to prevent manipulation/modification. How it is done and what would one find trying to modify such app I don't know. Could that be the case? Personally I doubt this.

My knowledge of Android development ends here I'm afraid. Writing an app is one thing... modding, hacking and reverse engineering is something else.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 05:08 PM   #2073
akirax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
You have the latest MCU (see first post)?
Yes, latest Android and mcu for nbt.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 10:35 PM   #2074
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
You're thinking of coding front PDC without having the PDC unit for this? If that is possible, you might well achieve this functionality. If not, you could retrofit just the right PDC unit, without any cabling. Interesting idea.
I have already a F/R PDC unit and front sensors lying around since half of a year, but at always not time to install it :/
But i also want to try this without upgrading, to know if it does work for other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Well that rises even more questions...

1. Does the signature has to be the same for all ksw apps? As far as I know signature is required to install app and sometimes same key is used for signing few app from the same vender to allow them sharing of sensitive data. Maybe that's the issue.

2. Does this app need to be installed (as update) or just dropped in place of the original one? Maybe replacing apk file, changing permissions and then rebooting would do the trick.

3. Some apps are protected to prevent manipulation/modification. How it is done and what would one find trying to modify such app I don't know. Could that be the case? Personally I doubt this.

My knowledge of Android development ends here I'm afraid. Writing an app is one thing... modding, hacking and reverse engineering is something else.
Yes, i need to do further reseach after work today.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 01:31 AM   #2075
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirax View Post
Yes, latest Android and mcu for nbt.
1. Verify / try other CAN protocols under Factory settings.
2. Factory reset. You lose all your apps and settings, but this is recommended to do after upgrading.
3. Contact seller, wait for bugfix.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 02:23 AM   #2076
iCstyle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCstyle View Post
Hi! I'm using PX6 unit for CCC.

Is there a way to make steering wheel controls (next and prev buttons) work in any app like Spotify or HUR? Right now they only work through built-in apps or DAB-Z or over Bluetooth.
Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 03:31 AM   #2077
hextek
Rep
Drives: bmw f11

my system is running only 3g what can i do to work 4g lte on snapdragon?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 03:37 AM   #2078
franbass
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCstyle View Post
Anyone?
In snapdragon device the steering wheel controls works in spotify
Appreciate 1
iCstyle33.00
      01-15-2020, 04:26 AM   #2079
10bmw10
Private
Rep
Drives: Frozen Portimao Blue G80

Hello, I have a 2016 M3 and would like to buy one of these units. I would really like wireless carplay. After reading these pages, I think I want the 626 snapdragon version.

I live in the US if that matters.

Could you link me to the best one to buy?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 04:26 AM   #2080
cybertiger
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70 xdrive35i

Quote:
I made pictures of the open MSM5983 board some time ago.
I uploaded it to github, you can check here , MSM5983_board_1.jpg and MSM5983_board_2.jpg.

@ Mirjam

I attached the pin assignment of the 8080 Harness i measured, maybe this will help you.
i wanted to do a better description of the harness but just don`t have the time to do.

Kri
Hi
Attached back side image of the motherboard for Snapdragon HU/CIC/E70 . Got my HU from Naviodm
with a lot of issues and no support. Had to fix soldering by my self.
I wander. Do other sellers sell HU with both CAN transceivers in place, for CAN1 and CAN2 to work as bridge isolating CIC/NBT from the controller in android mode?
Currently in Android mode the controller is still working in CIC menus altering settings and other things in random order.
Attached Images

Last edited by cybertiger; 01-15-2020 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: Add details
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 04:26 AM   #2081
klaus00000
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextek View Post
I have the same problem
http://prntscr.com/qnylq9
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 04:28 AM   #2082
seaman5705
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextek View Post
Change network to one which has LTE bands supported by this Snapdragon .
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 04:33 AM   #2083
brooksarama
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M Sport E82 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10bmw10 View Post
Hello, I have a 2016 M3 and would like to buy one of these units. I would really like wireless carplay. After reading these pages, I think I want the 626 snapdragon version.

I live in the US if that matters.

Could you link me to the best one to buy?
I've been following the forums waiting for wireless CarPlay to be built in (vs. dongle) myself. Seems like this is the best option currently available, and a few users have commented that this seller has good support. I am chatting with them right now, about to buy one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33023508011.html
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 04:41 AM   #2084
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, i need to do further reseach after work today.

Kri
I'm starting to think that we're doing it wrong. This is a system app in the end and after doing some research it should be as simple as dropping modded apk file to its folder, changing permissions to 644 and rebooting.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 05:07 AM   #2085
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertiger View Post
I wander. Do other sellers sell HU with both CAN transceivers in place, for CAN1 and CAN2 to work as bridge isolating CIC/NBT from the controller in android mode?
Although my unit is for CCC and it's not marked up very well, it looks like I have both transceivers. BTW I bought it from Andream.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Kri1083.50
      01-15-2020, 05:08 AM   #2086
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

I'm having a very minor issue, more of an irritation. Even though I've paired my iPhone 8 to the Avin PX6 unit for them to connect I have to go into (phone) settings/personal hotspot/WiFi password before it connects, any suggestions how to make it work without all this faffing about? Not a major problem as I spend most of my time with CarPlay,just a nuisance. Any advice gratefully received.
Mick
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 05:22 AM   #2087
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Hi
Attached back side image of the motherboard for Snapdragon HU/CIC/E70 . Got my HU from Naviodm
with a lot of issues and no support. Had to fix soldering by my self.
Currently in Android mode the controller is still working in CIC menus altering settings and other things in random order.
My CIC HU also has only one CAN Transceiver.

Quote:
I'm starting to think that we're doing it wrong. This is a system app in the end and after doing some research it should be as simple as dropping modded apk file to its folder, changing permissions to 644 and rebooting.
this is what i was doing the at first the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaus00000 View Post
I have the same problem
http://prntscr.com/qnylq9
I just read out the Bands support of my Snapdragon Unit.

It seems there is no Band 20 support.

Bands to Frequency can be seen here.

For what i saw Denmark is only some providers using Band 3/7/20.
Please check your providers and give feedback if they support one of those bands.

EDIT: seems the "official" supported Bands document for Snapdragon 625 and 425 has been leaked, i attached a zip file with the original and english translated one.

LTE_Bands_support_MS8953.zip

The Tool used to read bands is calls QCT Modem Capabilities, it can be found here.

Name:  bands.jpg
Views: 2100
Size:  39.5 KB

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 01-19-2021 at 01:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 06:05 AM   #2088
cybertiger
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70 xdrive35i

Quote:
Although my unit is for CCC and it's not marked up very well, it looks like I have both transceivers. BTW I bought it from Andream.
Thanks.
Could you also confirm, that CAN1 and CAN2 cables go to different ends of quadlock adapter?

Quote:
My CIC HU also has only one CAN Transceiver.
And your cable still has CAN1 and CAN2?

Chinese seller were trying to persuade me, that the cable is wrong and sent me a new one with integrated speaker and only one CAN wire.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 06:31 AM   #2089
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
this is what i was doing the at first the whole time.

Kri
Kir if you have better things to do then leave it. I will cope without these changes. I wanted to replace some graphics for ID6, ID7 and dashboard along with couple of xml layout files.

It would be nice to know what is going on with this app, but if this's a major pain in the backside, then maybe it's a waste of time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Kri1083.50
      01-15-2020, 06:32 AM   #2090
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Thanks.
Could you also confirm, that CAN1 and CAN2 cables go to different ends of quadlock adapter?

And your cable still has CAN1 and CAN2?

Chinese seller were trying to persuade me, that the cable is wrong and sent me a new one with integrated speaker and only one CAN wire.
yep, you can find my harness measuring here.

Kri
Appreciate 0