F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > House ramsacked for car keys..!
ARMA SPEED

02-15-2020, 05:14 AM   #23
Apples12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520D LCI auto

Tracker in the car?

We've got CCTV, alarm, tracker in car just to deter. Insurance is horrendous around here, 1300 for a 520d se with 7yrs ncb. Absolute joke.

Contemplated a gti for the misses as bham is getting a Caz which we'll be affected by and just thought against it as it's a magnet for scrotes.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 12:28 PM   #24
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby Clark View Post

Yeah, because scum can read?

And the ones that can read will stop and take heed of the note or other signs such as “CCTV in operation”, “monitored alarm system” or “no cash on premises overnight”

I can just imagine it. They’ve smashed into your house, pick up the note and say, “whoa lads! There is a note saying no keys in the house. Back it up. Let’s leave everything neat and tidy and move on”

Total mastermind.
Berk. I fully expect them to steal everything else. I just don't expect them to then spend another hour turning the house upside down again looking for something that's not there.

Scum can read, unfortunately I know a few people who've ended up heroin addicts and thieves, nothing wrong with their reading and writing. In fact some thieves are extremely bright and resourceful. Big black marker pen on a note next to the keys drawer in hall way. Ten seconds of my time wasted. Sorry for being such a fool o great and clever one.

It was also on the back of advice from a local police officer with a lot of experience in this area. A good visible alarm is often enough to put off a casual opportunist offender, which make up most of Chesterfield criminal community. It's not a big city with much organised crime. I was then told if they do break in ignoring the alarm, they're targeting something specific, likely the car. Taking both keys on holiday and leaving a hand wriiten note, rather than security stickers was their advice. I'll take it over your usual condescending non advice.

Last edited by Goneinsixtyseconds; 02-15-2020 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 01:36 PM   #25
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Berk. .
Lol. It’s not me writing notes to the burglars.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 01:41 PM   #26
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby Clark View Post
Lol. It’s not me writing notes to the burglars.
Yawn, not engaging with you, it's tedious, sorry, you're tedious every single time. I think there might be a button I can press to remove your posts from my view, going to find it.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 03:28 PM   #27
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF-F30 View Post
last friday my house was ramsacked 12.20pm only just popped out.
They were looking for keys to my bmw which was parked on my drive fully protected with stoplok full steering one.
house alarm going off also small dog in house,
it seems todays tossers dont give a damn about anything or anyone
absolutely fuming made a right mess top to bottom of house.
dilemma now is do i get rid of it,cant seem to have anything nice anymore.
Also wife so stressed it could happen again.
We had a spate of this in Southam last year. Cov scum probably. Whereabouts in Warks are you?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 05:56 PM   #28
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Yawn, not engaging with you,
You’re doing a great job of that.

Please leave a note when you find the button.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 09:00 PM   #29
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58_f32 View Post
these scumbags are cunts, taking things and ruining peoples hard earned toys. i know cars are insured, but its the after effects, higher insurance premiums etc.

maybe we should forget about the culture of being humain and getting into trouble and have some sort of electric shock type alarm that snaps the cunts
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 03:49 AM   #30
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

What would happen with a break in and the home owners dog years a burglar apart? Legally I mean...
      02-16-2020, 04:39 AM   #31
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
What would happen with a break in and the home owners dog years a burglar apart? Legally I mean...
Firstly, we'd all clap.

In all all seriousness it would be interesting to know whether a dog can be acting in defence of its owners and property.

I think any dog that could/did do that would be classed as dangerous and would be destroyed and the owner could be held liable. I don't necessarily agree that they should, bearing in mind that it related to an intruder / trespass/ breaking and entering, but all too often the innocent party gets the blame.

Personally I wouldn't want a dog capable of that in my house.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #32
thescouselander
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

This happend to the guy who lives to the back of us - in that case he had his house ransacked so the scumbags could nick his Skoda.

I guess that just demonstrates it doesn't matter what car you have; this sort of thing will always be a risk.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 10:48 AM   #33
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescouselander View Post
This happend to the guy who lives to the back of us - in that case he had his house ransacked so the scumbags could nick his Skoda.

I guess that just demonstrates it doesn't matter what car you have; this sort of thing will always be a risk.
Indeed. Any car is big money Vs a TV and what-not in the house. And all you have to do is find a little pocket fitting fob!
      02-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #34
DarCol
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP / Cayman (981) S

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Well, someone has to tell them. Bet he says "brought" instead of "bought" as well!
No, under the circumstances, telling him wasn’t necessary.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 01:00 PM   #35
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzer View Post
Quote:
Well, someone has to tell them. Bet he says "brought" instead of "bought" as well!
No, under the circumstances, telling him wasn’t necessary.
Under any circumstances helping people is necessary.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 02:51 PM   #36
Grant_7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Caterham 420R. Tesla Model 3

That's a very odd definition of 'helping'.
F31 340i | GS with CR & Ash Grain Trim | M Sport+ Pack | Prof Media Plus Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Leather Dash | Folding Mirrors | Pano Roof | Elec Mem Seats with Lumbar | Adaptive Suspension | Comfort Access | Reverse Cam | Surround View | SLD | Rear Sunblinds | Folding Headrests | Model Designation Delete | Trim Designation Delete | MPPSK
Appreciate 1
DarCol143.50
      02-16-2020, 03:28 PM   #37
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant_7 View Post
In what way?!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 04:04 PM   #38
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant_7 View Post
In what way?!
Seeing as the OP appreciated the correction do we really need to debate the point?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 05:29 PM   #39
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus

These arseholes are annoying, just had something odd tonight, just happened to look out of the front window about ten past six to see a car parked across the end of the drive, which is odd because its a very narrow street and would block anything coming the other way, thinking this was suspicious i checked the cctv, and some little phucker had jumped out of the car ran up the drive, had a look round the back, obviously to see what model it was, then ran back to the waiting car and off they went. I spoke to my neighbour and with our joint cctv's we could see him driving very slowly up the street, checking out cars on the way, though the daft phucker did seem to miss that my neighbour has a two month old X3M, much more desirable than my 435d.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 06:13 AM   #40
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
These arseholes are annoying, just had something odd tonight, just happened to look out of the front window about ten past six to see a car parked across the end of the drive, which is odd because its a very narrow street and would block anything coming the other way, thinking this was suspicious i checked the cctv, and some little phucker had jumped out of the car ran up the drive, had a look round the back, obviously to see what model it was, then ran back to the waiting car and off they went. I spoke to my neighbour and with our joint cctv's we could see him driving very slowly up the street, checking out cars on the way, though the daft phucker did seem to miss that my neighbour has a two month old X3M, much more desirable than my 435d.
Not sure whether i am allowed to show the picture, but i doubt very much that the guy will report me to the police.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 06:18 AM   #41
Londoner
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i msport+ MPPSK

He's not readily identifiable - you 100% are.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 06:39 AM   #42
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
He's not readily identifiable - you 100% are.
These scroats certainly know that when cctv camera's turn to infra red you can see jack sh*t
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 06:44 AM   #43
Londoner
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i msport+ MPPSK

Hmm, is amazing how they seem to rock about with impunity, bold as brass. Advanced facial recognition can't come soon enough IMO. How long away are we from a pic like yours being successfully analysed I wonder?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 06:57 AM   #44
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Yep your right just pull on the end of your drive, walk up your drive with your hoodie concealing your face and turn on the security cameras, do whatever they do and then just walk off, jump in your hired or stolen car and off they pop to the next one.
Tomorrow would be nice for the facial recognition, couldn't come quick enough for me, why should it be such a pain for us, just because we have something nice, if they want one then go and earn one !!
Appreciate 1
Londoner168.50