F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG flasher - mobile App for B58 Fxx/Gxx tuning -- NOW LIVE!!!
Studio RSR

12-03-2019, 12:17 PM   #419
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
Offer extended until Monday, December 9th due to large interests!
Excellent ... got a connection error this morning and now have more time to figure out why
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:21 PM   #420
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by janea1207 View Post
what is the price now for B58 license and OTS stage2 map? Also how much costs the custom tune?
Thanks!
For B58:
Flashing license is $199 USD (regular: $249 USD)
Stage 2 map is $79 USD (regular: $99 USD)
Custom tune depends on your requirements, send us an email so we can figure out your custom needs! We will still offer 20% discount.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:25 PM   #421
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthedark View Post
Hi, the pricing on the website is unchanged. With WiFi adapter are you referring to the Thor WiFi adapter?
Website is undergoing a few changes, but you will see proper pricing at point of sale (in Google Play Store).

Thor Wi-Fi adapter has been supported for a few app revisions now, I am talking about faster ENET adapters. We recommend taking a look at Unichip-tec and their adapter: https://www.unichip-tec.com/bmw_enet...less_esys.html
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #422
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthedark View Post
Excellent ... got a connection error this morning and now have more time to figure out why
I'm sorry to hear that, what error are you seeing? Which cable/adapter are you using on what device?

I recommend reviewing our User Manual and Hardware Connection Guide (attached). If you're still having problems, please send us an email and we will help you.

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 04-09-2020 at 10:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:49 PM   #423
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive Convertible

Hi was using an Amazon Fire tablet to connect to the Thor Wifi adapter ... it gave me some error codes but I have no idea how to make screenshots on an Android device. Uninstalled and reinstalled the App and will try again
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #424
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i Xdrive

Any upcoming plan for dorch engineering hpfp support ? )
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 11:36 PM   #425
sitetech
Banned
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2018 320iX M-sport

Who uses st.1 with B48? What results do you get?

Mine (winter tires, +2C, custom exhaust with a stock cat., sport+ mode, transmission - S):

Mine:
0-100km/h - 5.57sec
100-150km/h - 5.68sec

Last edited by sitetech; 01-18-2020 at 02:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 01:47 PM   #426
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher on iOS has been released! Download the App and tune your BMW!

We are excited to announce support for Apple devices has now been added to MG Flasher! Now you can choose between an Android or iOS device to flash your B48/B58 equipped BMW. If you already use our software on Android, youÂ’ll now have access to your purchased licenses on the iOS platform as well, and vice versa!

App Store Link

MG Flasher is a mobile application developed to provide OBD tuning capability of F & G series BMWs equipped with the B48 or B58 engine. The tuning process is simple; download the App, connect an ENET Wi-Fi adapter or ENET cable and flash any of our offered OTS maps to meet your specific vehicleÂ’s needs. Flashing time is 15 - 20 seconds, and the entire unlocking process takes 4 - 6 minutes when using ENET! You can find detailed instructions in our user manual and connection guide on our website or inside the application itself.

All the tuning features available on Android are now available on iOS. Depending on your vehicle, this includes on-the-fly switchable mapping, burbles on-the-fly, cold start delete, speed limiter removal and custom map flashing for custom tuners using our platform. All these features are included with your purchase of a flashing license!

On-the-fly switchable mapping is currently only supported on F-Series vehicles. Support for G-series is planned for our next release. Furthermore, the next update will provide F & G series with additional unique features from our custom code.

We strive to deliver you a product that is both user intuitive and well designed. Something that breaks the norm of what ECU tuning is and raising the bar within the tuning industry. Our goal is simple; deliver a dynamic solution that allow you to get the best possible experience out of your vehicle. Support will continue to be built for newer platforms as they emerge, and we will continue to innovate and provide quality customer service to all users. Thank you for the support, stay tuned for more updates!

Warm Regards,
The MG Flasher Team

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 02-27-2020 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Link stopped working
Appreciate 1
fuseryder122.00
      01-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #427
vcx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340 xdrive MPPSK 6-manual

Jarek, thank you for that nice update!

Could you develop a feature to correct the numbness of the steering wheel around the center point (and the vague and light feel in sport mode, when driving above 80 km/h? )

Is anyone interested in such feature ?

In my opinion, it would be awesome to have some kind of gauge in the app to set up the directness of the steering.

Corvette C6 Z06 Z07
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 12:52 PM   #428
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Jarek, thank you for that nice update!

Could you develop a feature to correct the numbness of the steering wheel around the center point (and the vague and light feel in sport mode, when driving above 80 km/h? )

Is anyone interested in such feature ?

In my opinion, it would be awesome to have some kind of gauge in the app to set up the directness of the steering.
I'll discuss this feature with our development team, thank you for the suggestion!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #429
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Initial response from iOS users suggest that iPhone 11 Pro devices only support using official ethernet lightning adapters. If you don't already own the official adapter, we highly recommend purchasing an ENET Wi-Fi adapter that costs less and connects wirelessly.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 01:43 PM   #430
bass_114
Rep
Drives: BMW 340I X M

Quote:
Initial response from iOS users suggest that iPhone 11 Pro devices only support using official ethernet lightning adapters. If you don't already own the official adapter, we highly recommend purchasing an ENET Wi-Fi adapter that costs less and connects wirelessly.
Which wifi ENET adapter do you guys suggest for Canadian users?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 03:33 PM   #431
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass_114 View Post
Which wifi ENET adapter do you guys suggest for Canadian users?
We have had great success using the adapter from UniChip. Shipping was quick too!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 08:54 PM   #432
Pierce335xi
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

I'm having issues with activating my acct. purchased license through the app but when I go activate it says I have buy a license. Please help @mg flasher
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 12:24 PM   #433
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce335xi View Post
I'm having issues with activating my acct. purchased license through the app but when I go activate it says I have buy a license. Please help @mg flasher
Please send us an email to support@mgflasher.com
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 09:13 AM   #434
Pierce335xi
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce335xi View Post
Please send us an email to support@mgflasher.com
Thanks for the support. Everything is working great!!!
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2020, 08:54 PM   #435
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

BMW Logger - unit conversions and new parameters added

BMW Logger - unit conversions and new parameters added
Update version 204

MG Flasher has an updated logger available for your BMW. You can now independently select from metric to imperial units for a given measurement type. We have added PSI, AFR, lb-ft, °F and a few others to the unit options. The date in log filename has been standardized to “Apr-04-2020_04:20:20PM” format, it will also include stage and map information.

More ECUs have become supported in the logger. We added more RAM variables to log including: Engine Oil Temperature, Vehicle Speed, Fuel Tank Level, Target Engine Temperature, Intercooler Pump Speed. If this wasn’t enough, you can now import custom RAM variables in *.CSV format (targeted towards custom tuners and enthusiasts) and live gauges have adjusted font size for better legibility.

For those with four-cylinder engines (B46/B48), we have removed unnecessary logging of cylinders 5 and 6 for improved sample rates (six-cylinder engines (B58) are unaffected).

We can’t wait to release our next update featuring new custom code version 3 (CCv3). Look out for another post with more details soon!

Warm Regards,
The MG Flasher Team

MGFlasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 02-27-2020 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 10:19 AM   #436
BackBlue
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46, '13 E70 N63, '19 F33 440

Jarek, What's the most reliable OBD adapter, and/or the cheapest (if different) if there's a difference. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 02:21 PM   #437
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBlue View Post
Jarek, What's the most reliable OBD adapter, and/or the cheapest (if different) if there's a difference. Thanks.
We recommend using ENET Wi-Fi adapters such as BimmerSense or UniChip.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:20 PM   #438
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Custom Code v3 delivers optimal performance with Max Cooling for your BMW!

MG Flasher update ver. 207

Introducing MG Flasher’s latest feature: Max Cooling On-The-Fly. With a simple button combination sequence, you can enable the Max Cooling option without re-flashing the car!

There will now be two option available for cooling your engine: Regular cooling and Max Cooling. Use “regular cooling” with regular driving, then switch to “Max Cooling” with a quick and easy button sequence. Max Cooling is achieved by lowering the target engine temperature and increasing the target intercooler coolant volume flow.

Watch the movie and see how it works!

The update will require to reflash your ECU using newest MG Flasher ver. 207. You will be presented with popup information when flashing (custom code update to v3.3). Before flashing, there will be a few options to select. “Cooling” will enable you to choose the “Regular Target Engine Temperature” as preferable for everyday driving - that is set when Max Cooling On-The-Fly is not enabled. This will then allow you to enable adjustable “Max Cooling On-The-Fly” which will present two sliders: “Max Cooling Target Engine Temperature” and “Max Cooling Target Intercooler Coolant Volume Flow” both settings used when Max Cooling On-The-Fly is on.

Target engine temperature and intercooler coolant volume flow will change between your slider settings (configured before flashing) and the default values when toggling Max Cooling On-The-Fly. OEM target engine temperature is 110°C and the OEM intercooler coolant volume flow is 1500 L/h under full load operation. You can adjust the values from 90°C - 110°C and from 1500 L/h – 1800 L/h.
• To enable Max Cooling On-The-Fly – Switch to Sport Mode + via the Driver Experience Switch and push the Dome Light button twice within 2.5 seconds - check engine light will blink twice as a confirmation.
• To disable Max Cooling On-The-Fly – Switch to Sport Mode + via the Driver Experience Switch and push the Dome Light button twice within 2.5 seconds - check engine light will blink once as a confirmation.

Please note: Max Cooling is currently only available on F-series and supported B48, B58 engines. Support for G-series is just around the corner! Switchable ethanol maps will be temporarily unavailable until next update which will allow you to switch between multiple maps On-The-Fly!

We also added an indicator when switching Burble Levels. The engine light will blink twice to provide confirmation that you’ve successfully adjusted your burble settings On-The-Fly. See the User Manual for more details. Just another example of how MG Flasher improves user experience.

There are plenty more exclusive features, including switchable maps, coming soon to MG Flasher for your BMW F&G series B46, B48 and B58 engines. Our team @MG Flasher is working hard towards new innovative ideas and solutions to make your overall driving experience more enjoyable.

Stay Tuned!
The MG Flasher Team
www.MGFlasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 03-03-2020 at 03:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2020, 04:47 PM   #439
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Switchable Maps BMW G Series

We are proud to present the world’s first performance map switch on BMW G series without the need to reflash the ECU. The goal of this function is to give you, the user, the ability to switch dynamically to another map-set while the engine is running. This can be only be achieved under the following conditions:
1: Switchable maps must be enabled in your software.
2: Engine must be running.
3: Vehicle must be at a standstill.

Watch our detailed instructional video here:

Switchable Map Procedure (conditions mentioned above are assumed in the following steps):

Step 1: Press the Brake Pedal 5 times consecutively within 5 seconds and then hold the Brake Pedal on the 5th press. You should notice the Check Engine Light begin to blink; this is a confirmation marker that tells you if you have performed this first step correctly. If you do not encounter a blinking Check Engine Light, then you must check the condition listed above and retry Step 1.

Step 2: While the Check Engine Light is blinking, fully press and hold the Gas Pedal to W.O.T (wide open throttle) position. The actual engine RPM will not rise during this procedure, so there will be no chance of over-revving the engine. The RPM gauge will immediately point to the currently saved map-set (ie. 2K RPM = Map #2). If no map-set was previously selected, then you will see RPM go directly to a value of 0 indicating the default map-set. Steps 1 & 2 allow the user to see the currently selected map-set.

Step 3: To select a new map-set, fully press and hold the Gas Pedal to W.O.T (while still pressing the Brake Pedal from Steps 1 & 2) for a period of 5 seconds or longer. The map-set will coincide with the current state of the Driver Experience Switch and MSA Button.
• ECO – MAP-SET 1 (1000 RPM)
• COMFORT – MAP-SET 2 (2000 RPM)
• SPORT – MAP-SET 3 (3000 RPM)
• SPORT+ – MAP-SET 4 (4000 RPM)
• SPORT+ and 2 quick MSA presses – MAP-SET 0 (DEFAULT) (0 RPM)
After 5 seconds of holding the Gas Pedal at W.O.T position (while still holding the Brake Pedal) you will notice the RPM on the dash will reflect the choice you have selected (ie. 3K RPM = Map #3).

Step 4: Release the Brake and Gas Pedals fully to exit the selection process. RPM on the dash will return to actual engine RPM and the Check Engine Light will stop blinking. Now you can enjoy your newly selected map-set!

Keep an eye out for the official release coming soon!

The MG Flasher Team
MGFlasher.com
Appreciate 2
jdg5495.00
kern4174445.00
      03-31-2020, 04:07 PM   #440
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher Web Store release!

Update version 210

Introducing our new online shop https://shop.mgflasher.com/ where you can buy MG Flasher products for your BMW. The online shop provides tools for managing your orders and allows us to process payments directly (PayPal, credit card or Visa debit card). In the past many struggled with purchase problems due to service provider’s restrictive policy for high-value in-app purchases. Our solution was to create a reliable service which users can quickly and securely buy MG Flasher products.

Authorized dealers are now able to manage resale directly from our shop and assign licenses to VIN remotely. Please contact us if you would like to become an authorized dealer.

Licenses are related to VIN not Google/Apple account. If you choose to sell a car with MG Flasher, the new buyer will have access to all purchases linked with that VIN. In case you choose to take your MG Flasher software with you to another car, we can do a license transfer too. The process will involve deactivating the original car using our app before activating the new car and providing us with both VINs for verification. The car you will choose to transfer to must be supported. Transfers can only be performed once and do not apply for custom tunes. For details contact our support staff at info@mgflasher.com

Buy a license
1. Register account in our shop
2. Go to Products page
3. Add products to the shopping cart
4. Proceed to Checkout and pay for your order via PayPal portal; credit card and Visa debit card are accepted
Redeeming purchased licenses
1. Run latest MG Flasher app on your mobile device
2. Sign in using shop credentials using active internet connection
3. Connect to your car using Connect button
4. When you see basic data of your car please enable your internet access again
5. Click Open Car button
6. Select the Flashing license or OTS map you bought in the shop from the list and click Redeem button to redeem Logger, simply select Logger
7. Confirm your selection before proceeding
8. Your license will then be locked to your vehicle and it will be ready to flash!

For more details on this process, watch our instructional video:

We can’t wait to release our next update featuring switchable maps. Look out for another post with more details soon!

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team
www.mgflasher.com
Appreciate 0