F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
Studio RSR

03-11-2020, 02:26 AM   #2861
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopfinger View Post
I successfully rooted my PX6 Android 9 Unit with Smahel´s Method. Worked without any problems. I managed to place the bootanimation.zip with TotalCommander into the System/Media Folder. Sadly it is just the still picture during boot (think from the Folder Part 2). Any Idea how to get the animation (Part1) running?
Could you tell me how you installed your bootanimation file in the \ System \ Media folder please?
'Cause I'm root and I don't get any access to this part
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 02:53 AM   #2862
Hopfinger
Rep
Drives: BMW E88

After connecting over the Terminal with „adb connect“ „adb root“ „adb remount“, I was able to get access to System/Media and data/local. Placed the bootanimation.zip file in both folder and set the correct rights 644.
The animation is working great.
I referred to this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/androidroot...android_pie90/
Appreciate 2
Kri1083.50
F20_M135i100.50
      03-11-2020, 05:50 AM   #2863
smasher076
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Hello

this part was included in my package from Andream. Can someone tell me what that is and how i have to install

Last edited by smasher076; 03-11-2020 at 06:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 06:28 AM   #2864
ande86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher076 View Post
Hello

this part was included in my package from Andream. Can someone tell me what that is and how i have to install

It looks like the device you install with your rearview camera. It’s supposed to eliminate interferences in the picture. You install it between the camera cables and your power source. But I’m not hundred percent sure. If it didn’t come with a camera then it’s probably something different.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 06:49 AM   #2865
Shrazy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher076 View Post
Hello

That's the camera filter which you have to install between camera and power source (rear lights) to get stable picture. After turning engine on (engine off = picture will look normal, nicht täuschen lassen), the picture will be flickering without it if you take power from rear light.

Is your car automatic? Than take power from head unit directly, there is a cable for 12V power for camera cable already, and do not touch rear lights, than you don't need this part.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 07:02 AM   #2866
smasher076
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrazy View Post
That's the camera filter which you have to install between camera and power source (rear lights) to get stable picture. After turning engine on (engine off = picture will look normal, nicht täuschen lassen), the picture will be flickering without it if you take power from rear light.

Is your car automatic? Than take power from head unit directly, there is a cable for 12V power for camera cable already, and do not touch rear lights, than you don't need this part.
Thank you very much!!! Yes it is a Automatic.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 08:07 AM   #2867
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Lightbulb Control Idrive

Hello,

Here is my method to have the Idrive wheel which works in ALL applications with the help of TASKER + ROOT, note that I am not a computer scientist and that I decline all responsibility for any problem that may have occurred.

There is a method here for SNAPDRAGON 625 but...

I have a PX6 RK3399 Android 9.0 so I realized this:

With the help of our friend FLO's TASKER files available here: PROFIL TASKER
With the help of the TASKER application available here: TASKER APP
With the help of our friend Smahel / DodgePT and Kri for the ROOT method: available here

- To quickly understand how the TASKER application works, I invite you to watch this video:

- To quickly understand how the TASKER application and its "logcat" work, I invite you to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

well well well ... and?

Now that you have all this on your root unit, you launch TASKER, you click on the "PROFILES" tab you choose "import a Profile" you click on the bottom right on the icon representing a phone, you navigate in your unit to the place where you placed the folder of files (unzipped) "iDrivePadTaskerProfiles.zip" and you choose each of the following files (to import therefore):

- Back_Pad
- Push_Pad
- Rotate_Pad_CCW
- Up_Pad
- Down_Pad
- Right_Pad
- Rotate_Pad_CW

After this, you will create a new tasker profile by clicking on the "+" button at the bottom right, then choose "Event" then in the "Filter" field you will type "logcat" (use the video!) < => An alert related to ROOT must appear <=> on the screen which follows you will click on the magnifying glass located in front of "Component" a warning screen (to read) invites you to click on OK, then you are on your home screen with an orange "click to start logging" bubble ...

what you need to grasp is that from the moment you click on the triangle (play) button of the orange bubble: All your actions will be captured and analyzed, then when you will click on the square button (stop ) of the orange bubble: a new screen that can be scrolled down, will give you everything that has been recorded (and can be reproduced later)

OK then ? We are on the home screen of the unit with this:

We will therefore click on the recording of the orange bubble (which will stay on the screen) then put an Irdive dial upwards and finally, press the stop button of the orange bubble again and will appear this screen (tasker ) to scroll to the value framed in yellow, to select:

note that the two values below also work for the next action.

Once you have selected the value framed in yellow, you click on the return arrow located at the top right, then you will have to choose the "tasker task" to attach to it. In the case of my example above, this is the Up_Pad profile !

You then end up with a profile that will execute a task as soon as the idrive wheel "up" is pressed

This profile will be valid in ALL applications, which can cause conflicts (which I am trying to resolve). For example and since you are going to create a "rotation to the right" profile, when you are in SETTING or in the MUSIC PLAYER which works by default with the wheel, there will be a double command when you are going to rotate your wheel to the right ...

But you can also, thanks to this method, launch several actions with a single button: I capture the "Navi" button with the above method, and in tasker, I launch several tasks like "waze + spotify + camsam + increase in volume + LV en route ... "etc etc ...

Everything (or almost) becomes possible, thanks to sharing here.

Last edited by F20_M135i; 01-20-2021 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 5
      03-11-2020, 08:25 AM   #2868
Xanderl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

Can I download the new carplay software somewhere externally? I updated the dongle first and now I can no longer update the software because an error constantly occurs and then the program is closed when updating. Dongle itself works
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 08:47 AM   #2869
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaman5705 View Post
How did you install and which SuperSU binary have you used ?
Thanks
I just checked and I installed this version :

I put the photos above so that you see that in the status bar, appears every startup, the update notification of the binary (do not do it !! )

I got SU on XDA Forum (old version first)

Appreciate 1
      03-11-2020, 08:52 AM   #2870
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrazy View Post
i can not modify it because I can't find it or it is not there where it should be normally under /system/etc or /system/vendor/etc.

My unit is rooted I already searched whole device with an file explorer but it is not available.

By the way please continue with your idrive global project I am interested in it too, please don't give up all PX6 users would be happy to have this feature
I checked, on my unit, to which I quickly connect according to the GPS_TEST application:

Which sincerely makes me think that it is a question of antenna, and not of file / localization / fix.

But I launch a search in the file mentioned above to see if I can transfer it to you and help you
Appreciate 1
Shrazy12.00
      03-11-2020, 11:23 AM   #2871
Gabrielisimous
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 328i 2013, E46 325i 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderl View Post
Can I download the new carplay software somewhere externally? I updated the dongle first and now I can no longer update the software because an error constantly occurs and then the program is closed when updating. Dongle itself works
Try to update the app with the dongle disconnected
      03-11-2020, 12:10 PM   #2872
TheRoss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320xD 135 KW 10/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
I checked, on my unit, to which I quickly connect according to the GPS_TEST application:

Which sincerely makes me think that it is a question of antenna, and not of file / localization / fix.

But I launch a search in the file mentioned above to see if I can transfer it to you and help you
HOW did you get the icons in the task bar?
No matter what I try - I don't get any widgets like traffic usage or cpu usage in the task bar
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      03-11-2020, 01:27 PM   #2873
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Shrazy

Good and well my research was not good (I will do another one tomorrow)

What I think is that the configuration files mentioned "gps.conf" are files with an internal gps module, in my research I got several configuration files, related to the software used (therefore useless) The only file found at the root of LS \ Data is the following ServiceConfig.xml file:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<map>

<string name="ServiceDefaultValues">{"uri":"wss:\/\/glimpse-publish-eu.\/","timeout":5000,"poll_interval":86400000,"poll_jitter":0,"backoffs":[50,150,2000]}</string>

<string name="LastSeenResponseHash">fed72d86d45068f8819472ea65933b0</string>

</map>
I also extracted the gps test.apk file which may be able to help you "fix" the satellites with its configuration file (just in case) :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qg...4FxTglqPeyvrva

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 01:37 PM   #2874
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Arrow

TheRoss

These are the Tasker / SuperUser and GocSdk applications which display their icons by default, nothing done voluntarily here.
On this subject, I will try to find a way to hide this "status bar"
But my tests are not conclusive for the moment, and our friend Kri's trick does not work for me (I have writing problems despite ROOT in some files)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 03:53 PM   #2875
gauchodan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

I have an easy Tasker question for you smart folks. I'd like to have zlink app (wireless carplay) auto-launch after bluetooth is connected to my phone. Can anyone help me here? I tried and failed. Maybe I need one of the other Tasker apps? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 02:27 AM   #2876
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

gauchodan

Hi,
Shouldn't it be too complicated to know if you want the app to launch on your phone or on your unit?
Anyway with TASKER: you choose a new profile then select "Status" then "Network" then "Bluetooth connected" then you click on the magnifying glass in the "Name" field and you select the bluettoh device which once connected will trigger the task of your choice ...
You returned to the first screen with the choice of the task to perform, so you choose "new task" you give it a name, you click on the "+" button and you choose "App" then you choose "load an application "and ... it's done!
You can then include standby or brightness / volume / return conditions on the home screen, etc.
Do not hesitate to watch the videos on the net, the possibilities with TASKER are impressive!

Last edited by F20_M135i; 03-13-2020 at 02:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 06:25 AM   #2877
laimarc
Rep
Drives: Serie 1 F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
Hi,
Shouldn't it be too complicated to know if you want the app to launch on your phone or on your unit?
Anyway with TASKER: you choose a new profile then select "Status" then "Network" then "Bluetooth connected" then you click on the magnifying glass in the "Name" field and you select the bluettoh device which once connected will trigger the task of your choice ...
You returned to the first screen with the choice of the task to perform, so you choose "new task" you give it a name, you click on the "+" button and you choose "App" then you choose "load an application "and ... it's done!
You can then include standby or brightness / volume / return conditions on the home screen, etc.
Do not hesitate to watch the videos on the net, the possibilities with TASKER are impressive!

can you help me create a profile to overcome the problem of low sound level when starting the device?

thank you
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      03-12-2020, 07:05 AM   #2878
franbass
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by laimarc View Post
can you help me create a profile to overcome the problem of low sound level when starting the device?

thank you
I solved the sound problem loading again the factory config.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 07:37 AM   #2879
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by laimarc View Post

thank you
Hi !
In this case, you must create a new profile with the following context: Device start-up (In Event-> System); and as a task: name you want then button "+" choice "Audio" and finally "media volume"
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 08:22 AM   #2880
bepp67
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: bmw 520 xd f11

Guys, I discovered the way to act in android recovery on sd625. If you find yourself in recovery mode (it happens for example when an update fails) there is the possibility to scroll through the list of actions and also to give the command to execute the chosen action. In practice, just scroll the list with a finger on the screen, from top to bottom to scroll one position and vice versa to go up. Then to perform the chosen action you will have to swipe your finger at the top of the screen from left to right. Probably someone was already aware of this. I put a link where I uploaded the video I made, sorry for the poor quality, as soon as I can I upload another video, but it is still enough to understand.

https://streamable.com/h205j
Appreciate 6
      03-12-2020, 09:11 AM   #2881
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bepp67 View Post
Guys, I discovered the way to act in android recovery on sd625. If you find yourself in recovery mode (it happens for example when an update fails) there is the possibility to scroll through the list of actions and also to give the command to execute the chosen action. In practice, just scroll the list with a finger on the screen, from top to bottom to scroll one position and vice versa to go up. Then to perform the chosen action you will have to swipe your finger at the top of the screen from left to right. Probably someone was already aware of this. I put a link where I uploaded the video I made, sorry for the poor quality, as soon as I can I upload another video, but it is still enough to understand.

https://streamable.com/h205j

wow Thats awsome

Kri
Appreciate 1
bepp6721.00
      03-12-2020, 10:44 AM   #2882
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
wow Thats awsome

Kri
Does this mean we would be able to downgrade ?
Appreciate 0