F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
proTUNING Freaks

07-20-2020, 09:49 AM   #3609
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomed27 View Post
I am having the same issue. At least with the latest software, everything works smoothly after connecting
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrapowerrr View Post
I have this also. Can't get it fixed. I now always go to Bluetooth menu on iPhone and connect to CarPlay. As my WiFi is already connected when getting near the car. Very annoying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molinetti View Post
Yes, is not a plug&play experience...I suppose that the NBT Evo with Carplay not have this problem...Is not a cheaper option of course but I am thinking about it...Other option is giving feedback about it to Andream team...BimmerTech SW has the same connection issues with CarPlay??
Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalakazam View Post
So many people seem to be having issues. My install was 'it just works'. Every now and then (days) the iPhone will not auto connect. Solution is to go to paired devices and tap Disconnect then Connect. 3 sec fix.

Did I just get a lucky unit / sw version?
yeah on latest software on my carlinkit i have virtually no connection issues...only need to manually reconnect once a week or so when i open the car while my galaxy watch was pairing to my iphone and bt gets screwy for a minute

are these all new issues for you guys on carplay (like it worked before and got worse)? what version of ios are you running
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 10:11 AM   #3610
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMA 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
Quote:
I am having the same issue. At least with the latest software, everything works smoothly after connecting
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrapowerrr View Post
I have this also. Can't get it fixed. I now always go to Bluetooth menu on iPhone and connect to CarPlay. As my WiFi is already connected when getting near the car. Very annoying
Quote:
Yes, is not a plug&play experience...I suppose that the NBT Evo with Carplay not have this problem...Is not a cheaper option of course but I am thinking about it...Other option is giving feedback about it to Andream team...BimmerTech SW has the same connection issues with CarPlay??
Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalakazam View Post
So many people seem to be having issues. My install was 'it just works'. Every now and then (days) the iPhone will not auto connect. Solution is to go to paired devices and tap Disconnect then Connect. 3 sec fix.

Did I just get a lucky unit / sw version?
yeah on latest software on my carlinkit i have virtually no connection issues...only need to manually reconnect once a week or so when i open the car while my galaxy watch was pairing to my iphone and bt gets screwy for a minute

are these all new issues for you guys on carplay (like it worked before and got worse)? what version of ios are you running
Which Carlinkit sw version are you using?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 10:39 AM   #3611
evilFive
Rep
Drives: i3

Hi, I just wanted to thank Firefly1337 , x5m254 , cossie1 and all the others that put in the massive amount of work with these units. I ordered a carlinkit for my i3 on Thursday and it was delivered on Sunday! I got it installed yesterday afternoon and had a few glitches with the installed software but the seller gave me a newer software that seems to be working great. It is 9.2.7.t.yl.b and can upload it to whoever wants/needs it.

It shipped with:
SDK:25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST Version: 9.2.7.yl.b (no t)
MCU Version: 20.6.2.0

The issue I was having was that after connecting to CarPlay it would error out to the settings screen and say "The machine is abnormal, please contact the supplier." I would then try and get into the "Setting" menu and it would back out of that after just a few seconds. After getting the update from the seller I had to "Forget this device" on my phone so that it did not connect to the unit as the same loop would happen after a reboot before I could get to the update screen.

At this time the only issue I am having is the caller echo from the microphone but I haven't done a lot other than trying the 0 to 5 delay setting without much success.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 10:48 AM   #3612
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilFive View Post
Hi, I just wanted to thank Firefly1337 , x5m254 , cossie1 and all the others that put in the massive amount of work with these units. I ordered a carlinkit for my i3 on Thursday and it was delivered on Sunday! I got it installed yesterday afternoon and had a few glitches with the installed software but the seller gave me a newer software that seems to be working great. It is 9.2.7.[COLOR="Red"]t[/COLOR].yl.b and can upload it to whoever wants/needs it.

It shipped with:
SDK:25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST Version: 9.2.7.yl.b (no t)
MCU Version: 20.6.2.0

The issue I was having was that after connecting to CarPlay it would error out to the settings screen and say "The machine is abnormal, please contact the supplier." I would then try and get into the "Setting" menu and it would back out of that after just a few seconds. After getting the update from the seller I had to "Forget this device" on my phone so that it did not connect to the unit as the same loop would happen after a reboot before I could get to the update screen.

At this time the only issue I am having is the caller echo from the microphone but I haven't done a lot other than trying the 0 to 5 delay setting without much success.
I tried the previous 9.2.7 sw version and got the same error message. Yes, can you please share the new version?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #3613
evilFive
Rep
Drives: i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I tried the previous 9.2.7 sw version and got the same error message. Yes, can you please share the new version?
You can try this link that was shared with me, it appears to still be working as of today:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dWT...?usp=drive_web
Appreciate 2
muniz_ri167.50
cossie1448.50

07-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #3614
jaypayne05
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDHC View Post
Quote:
That is the same way that the previous units functioned when you stay connected to your idrive bt, i.e. both connections conflict with each other. I was curious to know if the new units apparently now being sold by Andream may have mimicked Bimmertech and routed calls exclusively via the idrive bt connection. It sounds like unfortunately they did not.

Anyway, you need to turn off the idrive bt connection or you will continue to experience the no sound during calls issue.
But did it add the new resolution? I havent seen any pictures of the new units either....some have them, why not add some pics....
This is how the new Andream system looks. It looks good to me, but I'm not sure how it compares to the older unit.
Attached Images

07-20-2020, 10:58 AM   #3615
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilFive View Post
Quote:
You can try this link that was shared with me, it appears to still be working as of today:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dWT...?usp=drive_web
Great. Thanks for that.

I didn't notice any changes but no issues either. The two things on my wish list for these boxes is for the ability to route calls via the idrive bt connection exclusively and for AA to start automatically like CarPlay. I won't hold my breathe though...

Last edited by muniz_ri; 07-20-2020 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 11:00 AM   #3616
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypayne05 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
That is the same way that the previous units functioned when you stay connected to your idrive bt, i.e. both connections conflict with each other. I was curious to know if the new units apparently now being sold by Andream may have mimicked Bimmertech and routed calls exclusively via the idrive bt connection. It sounds like unfortunately they did not.

Anyway, you need to turn off the idrive bt connection or you will continue to experience the no sound during calls issue.
But did it add the new resolution? I havent seen any pictures of the new units either....some have them, why not add some pics....
This is how the new Andream system looks. It looks good to me, but I'm not sure how it compares to the older unit.
The resolution issue was on AA. Can you post a pic of the sw version screen?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #3617
jaypayne05
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M Package

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypayne05 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

The resolution issue was on AA. Can you post a pic of the sw version screen?
Here you go
Attached Images

07-20-2020, 11:57 AM   #3618
berman95
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulian View Post
Just updated Carlink on my F15 (NBT) to 9.2.5.yl.b and MCU 20.5.9.10 - issue with answering phone call is gone, no delays in menu navigation (but I've recently updated all firmware in official BMW service).
Now I have issues with:
- can't get out to original BMW menu from carlink menus, how you are doing it?)));
- everyone complains about hearing themselves during phone call when I connect trough Carlink, maybe someone found fixes or adjustments in settings how to avoid that (I couldn't find suitable setup).
Were you able to fix the menu switching issue? I have two separate carlink units and nothing I try will get the menu or back button working to switch to the NBT menus. Regardless of the setting in the menus for the back button I have no way to switch between the carlink and the NBT menus.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 03:41 PM   #3619
JeffreyC
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i X

ZZ2 anyone?

Anyone familiar with this "ZZ2" unit? There are two installers near me who both use it for the Apple CarPlay retrofit.

https://zz-2.com/products/it-nbt-w?r...auto-interface
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #3620
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyC View Post
Anyone familiar with this "ZZ2" unit? There are two installers near me who both use it for the Apple CarPlay retrofit.

https://zz-2.com/products/it-nbt-w?r...auto-interface
Never heard of them. But all of these boxes are made in the same factory in China so it is likely the equivalent of the Andream, RoadTop, and Carlinkit boxes with a different UI and sw version. But the functions should be the same.

If you have a widescreen display and use AA, you may want to confirm if their box has widescreen support. Also, the call quality is hit or miss so see if the mmi's bt connection can be disabled so that you can use the idrive bt connection instead.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 03:30 AM   #3621
0lliem
Rep
Drives: 320D

NOT AGAIN! Now with Roadtop - CIC

Hello All,

SO, i finally got the AA unit i had working! great success.

So i thought it was time to get my wifes e82 sorted and being as the Roadtop unit seems to have better support, i paid the extra £55 and brought it from Amazon.

However i installed it yesterday to find that all the buttons work...... minus the menu button! so i have to navigate back to the main screen using the onscreen option. this is a massive pain.

Has anyone else got this issue / in the same boat? - CIC
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 09:07 AM   #3622
Molinetti
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Hi, I have noticed a better sound through BT comparing with Aux input used in Carplay. Is not a big difference...someone has used any equalizer configuration that increase the quality of music using Carplay (I am using Spotify)

Regards!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #3623
thestimp
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 - X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lliem View Post
Hello All,

SO, i finally got the AA unit i had working! great success.

So i thought it was time to get my wifes e82 sorted and being as the Roadtop unit seems to have better support, i paid the extra £55 and brought it from Amazon.

However i installed it yesterday to find that all the buttons work...... minus the menu button! so i have to navigate back to the main screen using the onscreen option. this is a massive pain.

Has anyone else got this issue / in the same boat? - CIC

This happened in the latest software. Steering wheel buttons should work though... its always in development. ...
      07-21-2020, 11:02 AM   #3624
contracts34
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by contracts34 View Post
A big well done and a massive thank you to everyone involved in doing this. Your knowledge and perseverance is incredible.
I for one am happy to make a contribution for all the time and effort put in to getting to this stage.
Firefly
How's things going on the module replacement front?
Hi Firefly
Been running this modified software for a while now and all good, so thanks again for all your efforts.
I have an aftermarket rear camera (working well), but can't get the radar image in fullscreen. It was there in a much earlier version but can't recall which version.

Is that something you may be able to add or modify to your version?
Appreciate 1
x-m4n136.50

07-21-2020, 11:31 AM   #3625
Divanovski
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormus View Post
I bet I know. Did you shove the un used aux cable somewhere that it could be grounding out? This happened to me and I pulled it out and re packed it. Fixed my issue.
Hey Thormus, yes that was the issue... It was the aux cable grounding out.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 12:17 PM   #3626
Fishie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 32ix

Quote:

My phone connects to carplay bluetooth and I also connected it to idrive bluetooth (telephone only). My calls are all 100% handled by idrive, and everything else is with the MMI.

I can call from the MMI, and I can receive calls and accept them from the MMI (or accept with the steering wheel control) and they can hear me and I can hear them. Everything seems to work.

I cant find any issues with just telephone being connected to idrive. If I call someone via MMI I can hear it ring, if someone calls me I can also hear it ring.

With my OEM mic not working with the MMI, this seems like a great solution compared to adding a mic tap and or an external mic.

Does anyone have anything that I could test to see if it works on my unit, or any reason to not do this (common issues people experience with a connection to idrive + carplay)? From what I can tell it seems like the box is managing calls the same way as bimmertech does?

Last edited by Fishie; 07-21-2020 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: whoops meant to say OEM mic wont work with the MMI
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 12:40 PM   #3627
terrymcg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie View Post
Quote:

My phone connects to carplay bluetooth and I also connected it to idrive bluetooth (telephone only). My calls are all 100% handled by idrive, and everything else is with the MMI.

I can call from the MMI, and I can receive calls and accept them from the MMI (or accept with the steering wheel control) and they can hear me and I can hear them. Everything seems to work.

I cant find any issues with just telephone being connected to idrive. If I call someone via MMI I can hear it ring, if someone calls me I can also hear it ring.

With my OEM mic not working with idrive, this seems like a great solution compared to adding a mic tap and or an external mic.

Does anyone have anything that I could test to see if it works on my unit, or any reason to not do this (common issues people experience with a connection to idrive + carplay)? From what I can tell it seems like the box is managing calls the same way as bimmertech does?
Be great if Andream have written this into the software. Sorry if you have already posted, are you running a new version?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 02:03 PM   #3628
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie View Post
Quote:

With my OEM mic not working with idrive, this seems like a great solution compared to adding a mic tap and or an external mic.

Not sure that I am following. Are you saying that you somehow disabled the oem mic in your car?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 02:28 PM   #3629
phil5556
Private
Rep
Drives: 330D Touring E91 2011

Quote:
Just upgraded andream unit to latest version. All the bugs seemed to be resolved but I noticed that the menu button stopped working. Prior to the update, pressing the menu button would exit the app and display all the apps. Anyway to enable that again?
Mine’s the same. I upgraded my software and gained skip / back buttons. But lost the menu button functionality, which has somewhat upset me.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 02:46 PM   #3630
xmax31
Rep
Drives: x5 f15 3.0d

Quote:
Hi again, I continue with wireless carplay connection problems, it works more or less automatically 50%, the rest of ones I require to connect disconnect BT connection and usually works, sometimes I have need to restart MMI. Anyone with the same problem? I have the Andream unit with the last MCU and SW installed.

Regards
Me too, it's annoying. Wired works ok, but wireless connection has no data transfer. I have to reconnect everytime.