F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

08-03-2020, 01:58 PM   #3873
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

New update

New version B_V1.0.2 for Andream NBT available on the 1st page.

This is for the latest unit with the new UI. Please only flash it e.g. if you are coming from version B-V1.0.0. It's not compatible with the 'older' units (currently there are no benefits anyway).
Changelog is, as always, unknown.

We will post an update for the custom mod as well later today (if everything checks out).
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #3874
yulian
Private
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d 2014

Hi everyone,

On my Carlinkit I just tried custom v1.0.C0.mod FW from cossie1 and Firefly1337, everything works well except selector cursor in Android Auto is totally gone. So I can't use any functions because I don't see what I select ))

Ok, no worries I thought - just install v9.2.7.t.yl.b and cursor will be back, but NO CURSOR... Ok, lets switch MCU's - tried MCU 20.06.02, MCU 20.1.4, MCU 19.12.12 - NO CURSOR. Ok, maybe old MCU 19.12.12 + v9.1.9.yl.b firmware - NO CURSOR.

So right now I can't bring back selection cursor to my Android Auto interface at any Firmware and MCU version.

Any thoughts maybe?

Is there firmware restore option to clean unit? I think some old config files from v1.0.C0.mod stuck in the system even after FW update/reinstall.

Last edited by yulian; 08-03-2020 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 02:43 PM   #3875
CARR601
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulian View Post
Hi everyone,

On my Carlinkit I just tried custom v1.0.C0.mod FW from cossie1 and Firefly1337, everything works well except selector cursor in Android Auto is totally gone. So I can't use any functions because I don't see what I select ))

Ok, no worries I thought - just install v9.2.7.t.yl.b and cursor will be back, but NO CURSOR... Ok, lets switch MCU's - tried MCU 20.06.02, MCU 20.1.4, MCU 19.12.12 - NO CURSOR. Ok, maybe old MCU 19.12.12 + v9.1.9.yl.b firmware - NO CURSOR.

So right now I can't bring back selection cursor to my Android Auto interface at any Firmware and MCU version.

Any thoughts maybe?

Is there firmware restore option to clean unit? I think some old config files from v1.0.C0.mod stuck in the system even after FW update/reinstall.
I believe it's an issue with AA in general not just the MMI. There's a few posts on Reddit with the same issue. It's came and went multiple times in the last 10 months I've had AA. Very annoying.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 02:50 PM   #3876
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARR601 View Post
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Any thoughts maybe?

I believe it's an issue with AA in general not just the MMI. There's a few posts on Reddit with the same issue. It's came and went multiple times in the last 10 months I've had AA. Very annoying.
Yep, it's an AA thing not caused by the mmi or sw. Try clearing cache and data from the AA, Google, and Google Play Services apps.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #3877
yulian
Private
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d 2014

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Yep, it's an AA thing not caused by the mmi or sw. Try clearing cache and data from the AA, Google, and Google Play Services apps.
Will do, thank you - but issue happened exactly after MOD installation and I cleaned AA cache every time, but not G Services.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #3878
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Will do, thank you - but issue happened exactly after MOD installation and I cleaned AA cache every time, but not G Services.
Here's a whole string about that issue:
https://support.google.com/androidau...msgid=12809223
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #3879
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

New custom version v2.0

Hey,

here's the newest update for our custom version: v2.0.B0.mod for BMW NBT and v2.0.M0.mod for MINI NBT. They are available on the 1st page.
The biggest change is that this version will run on any device. It does not matter if you have an Andream, Carlinkit, RoadTop or Bimmertech device.
It is based on the latest Bimmertech update featuring their UI (see below).

//Edit: Since it's based on the Bimmertech update, calls on AA should be fixed as well.
//Edit2: A word regarding MCU updates: With this update you can only flash the MCU updates by Bimmertech. Flashing the default MCU from Andream/Carlinkit etc is only possible on their firmware. Currently there is no need to do anything (no new features etc), so you can leave everything as is. Also note that Bimmertech transforms the first digits of the MCU version from '20' to '10'.

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank cossie1 for the update, he really did most of the changes and created many new icons and images.
Also thanks to dkeruza and Feisar328i for their continuous support and muniz_ri and xDHC for test flashing the update

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto Widescreen Fix
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • Autolink Mirroring Screen Size Fix
  • Renamed MMI to BMW-MMI/MINI-MMI for Carplay and AA
  • Replaced MMI icon with BMW/MINI icon
  • Replaced car image on integrated PDC/camera screen
  • Changed icons to Blue when highlighted
  • Removed update / key checks
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo
  • Custom Flash/update screen

Name:  v2.0-UI.jpeg
Views: 4424
Size:  79.9 KB

Last edited by Firefly1337; 08-04-2020 at 02:34 AM..
Appreciate 23
      08-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #3880
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
I'd like to take the opportunity and thank cossie1 for the update, he really did most of the changes and created many new icons and images.
Also thanks to dkeruza and Feisar328i for their continuous support and muniz_ri and xDHC for test flashing the update
Attachment 2380355
You guys are incredible. I am finally satisfied with my mmi unit!
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2020, 04:38 PM   #3881
eduwinner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30 M

Quote:
Hey,

here's the newest update for our custom version: v2.0.B0.mod for BMW NBT and v2.0.M0.mod for MINI NBT. They are available on the 1st page.
The biggest change is that this version will run on any device. It does not matter if you have an Andream, Carlinkit, RoadTop or Bimmertech device.

//Edit: Since it's based on the Bimmertech update, calls on AA should be fixed as well.

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo

Attachment 2380355
Thank you so much for your effort and your work. I will install the MMI this week and will test your new custom firmware.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 04:43 PM   #3882
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDriver18i View Post
Hey guys, I'm from the F48 forums and just bought an MMI from x5m254 for the F48 but I keep getting this clicking noise and "No Signal" message when I switch to the MMi.

I've looked around and found nothing. x5m254 helped me try a few things but to no avail. Swapped cables in probably every different manner available. Nothing. Anyone seen this and can diagnose this?

The unit connects and it works perfectly as I could screenshot the Carplay screen from my iPhone. idrive, audio, camera and all controls work perfectly fine. It just doesn't display the MMi. Weird.

Are the first two dip switches set to On and rest to Off for your 6.5" screen?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 05:01 PM   #3883
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Hey,

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo

Attachment 2380355
Awesome work! I still kinda wish the icons in the home screen were sharper. The rounded out look for the icons, for me, makes it look cheap and something out of a mid-2000 UI design. Something like Material Design from Google would be nice
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 05:35 PM   #3884
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Hey,

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo

Attachment 2380355
Just a point to note.

You can update the MCU to the Bimmertech MCU (also on the 1st page) once this update is installed.

But if you want to flash back to the Andream / Carlinkit / Roadtop MCU you will have to reflash your mmi with the correct software for your unit first then update the MCU.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 05:38 PM   #3885
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
You can update the MCU to the Bimmertech MCU (also on the 1st page) once this update is installed.
Is there a benefit to doing that?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 05:41 PM   #3886
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambo622 View Post
Nope, the scroll wheel works backwards (up for next and down for back, which is the opposite of how it works in the i-drive) other than that I didn't notice any difference, but I am sure some will want to try it for themselves.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 06:06 PM   #3887
GEDDES
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F30 330i

Quote:
Hey,

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo

Attachment 2380355
The work that has gone into this is huge. Can not wait to get my unit now. This is awesome, thankyou so much to all involved.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #3888
Besty78
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Hey,

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo

Attachment 2380355
you guys are absolutely awesome , thank you all so much , you all should really go into business together .
would you say the bimmertec mcu is better ?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 06:33 PM   #3889
frviana
Rep
Drives: F36

MCU Changelog ?

I got the Carlinkit today and installed on my F36 right away and almost everything worked. Upgraded the software with the new 2.0 Custom and it worked , just noticed a bit of pixelation on the outer edge of everything in AA, don't know if this is due to be connecting wireless.

Went to upgrade the MCU and it says: USB Stick with upgrade_mmi.bin update file has not been detected . I could easily change the file name but a few questions before trying upgrading the MCU:

1. My System Version says: MCU Version 10.6.2.0

What would the latest version for Carlinkit be? This forum says MCU 20.06.02, is this the same that I have and It just happen to show wrong version on mine?

2. Can I find anywhere the changelog for the MCU to see the benefits on upgrading?

3. My steering wheel buttons don't do anything on the MCU version it came with . I tried answering a call or hanging up and it didn't work. Would the MCU 20.06.02 fix this?

Thank you everyone for the awesome work!

Last edited by frviana; 08-03-2020 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 07:28 PM   #3890
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frviana View Post
I got the Carlinkit today and installed on my F36 right away and almost everything worked. Upgraded the software with the new 2.0 Custom and it worked , just noticed a bit of pixelation on the outer edge of everything in AA, don't know if this is due to be connecting wireless.

Went to upgrade the MCU and it says: USB Stick with upgrade_mmi.bin update file has not been detected . I could easily change the file name but a few questions before trying upgrading the MCU:

1. My System Version says: MCU Version 10.6.2.0

What would the latest version for Carlinkit be? This forum says MCU 20.06.02, is this the same that I have and It just happen to show wrong version on mine?

2. Can I find anywhere the changelog for the MCU to see the benefits on upgrading?

3. My steering wheel buttons don't do anything on the MCU version it came with . I tried answering a call or hanging up and it didn't work. Would the MCU 20.06.02 fix this?

Thank you everyone for the awesome work!
You need to connect to the oem bluetooth connection for the phone button on the steering wheel to work. Also, I wouldn't worry about the mcu. Your version is a recent one.
Appreciate 1
GEDDES1.50
      08-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #3891
jaypayne05
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M Package

Quote:
Hey,

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo

Attachment 2380355
Do this mod version works on the newer Andream B units??

so i did the Andream B version update and its so much more responsive now when using the IDrive wheel or the steering wheel buttons. before it would lag a lot but now its perfect.

Last edited by jaypayne05; 08-03-2020 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #3892
frviana
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
You need to connect to the oem bluetooth connection for the phone button on the steering wheel to work. Also, I wouldn't worry about the mcu. Your version is a recent one.
Thank you. It worked. Everything is working now. Just wondering if I leave both Bluetooth connected, where is my call going to be routed through when I answer the phone in the car. How does it Select?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #3893
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frviana View Post
Quote:
Thank you. It worked. Everything is working now. Just wondering if I leave both Bluetooth connected, where is my call going to be routed through when I answer the phone in the car. How does it Select?
All calls on AA will be routed through the oem bluetooth connection.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 09:36 PM   #3894
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chambo622 View Post
Nope, the scroll wheel works backwards (up for next and down for back, which is the opposite of how it works in the i-drive) other than that I didn't notice any difference, but I am sure some will want to try it for themselves.
cossie...you now need to get yourself a proper phone, i.e Android, to take advantage of all of your work
Appreciate 0