F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

08-04-2020, 07:11 AM   #3917
mako2388
Rep
Drives: X3 f25 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDriver18i View Post
Hey guys, I'm from the F48 forums and just bought an MMI from x5m254 for the F48 but I keep getting this clicking noise and "No Signal" message when I switch to the MMi.

I've looked around and found nothing. x5m254 helped me try a few things but to no avail. Swapped cables in probably every different manner available. Nothing. Anyone seen this and can diagnose this?

The unit connects and it works perfectly as I could screenshot the Carplay screen from my iPhone. idrive, audio, camera and all controls work perfectly fine. It just doesn't display the MMi. Weird.

I honestly don't know if this applies to you at all, but I got the NO SIGNAL message when I was installing and it turned out I had the video cables plugged in backwards. Switched them and then all was good.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:23 AM   #3918
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3BEV View Post
Can this be safely renamed to GEMINI_PACK.BIN for the newer B units?
NO

If you do that, your unit will no longer accept the newer updates.

Which means if Andream / Carlinkit / Bimmertech / Roadtop etc stop doing updates for the older boxes, your newer unit will also no longer get any updates.
Appreciate 2
x-m4n148.00
      08-04-2020, 07:27 AM   #3919
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
cossie...you now need to get yourself a proper phone, i.e Android, to take advantage of all of your work
I'm ok thanks, I enjoy having a phone that works
Appreciate 4
      08-04-2020, 07:33 AM   #3920
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minims View Post
I have update my Andream NBT to the MINI version.
It's really good but there is just one missing thing.

With Andream version I can adjust screen size.
On MINI, screen is round on left and right and you can't see everything on the screen with default size.
So you need to adjust. I have setting left to 30.
I can't find how to change this in this custom fw.
Is it possible to add this in the config menu ?
Many Thanks.
Ahh yes bimmertech have removed the screen "scrap" options (completely forgot about that when I decided to create the mini version).

Nothing we can do about that sadly, unless bimmertech add those options in a future update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-m4n View Post
To skips songs on CarPlay, double tilt the idrive controller right/reft now works!

cossie1 , some feedback here, we discussed the idrive tilt gesture earlier:

= v2.0.2.3t7.mmi.b + MCU 10.1.4.11 has a single tilt to skip songs gesture.
= v2.0.B0.mod + MCU 10.1.4.11 is now has a double tilt to skip songs gesture. (BT mentioned this change on release notes recently)

contracts34 and I think this behaviour is coded somewhere in the firmware (as opposed to the MCU), it would be great if this skip song behavour could be changed back to the original single tilt.

Other than that, I am so grateful, thank you and all so much for the fantastic work, attention to detail and for helping us all out here.
Again we can't change the functions of the unit, we don't have the SDK for the units, therefore we are limited to the way functions are set to work in the update provided by the vendor.
Appreciate 2
x-m4n148.00
fe7565552.50
      08-04-2020, 07:35 AM   #3921
terrymcg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
cossie...you now need to get yourself a proper phone, i.e Android, to take advantage of all of your work
I'm ok thanks, I enjoy having a phone that works
Cossie, so is it all sorted now? Phone only uses the OEM BT and not the MMI?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:38 AM   #3922
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrymcg View Post
Sadly not even with the bimmertech / v2.0.B0 update it still uses the MMI for phone calls
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:41 AM   #3923
terrymcg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Sadly not even with the bimmertech / v2.0.B0 update it still uses the MMI for phone calls
Ah sorry I thought with the earlier post someone said using the Bummertech MCU sorted all! What's the chances of ever getting this to work mate?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:47 AM   #3924
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Amazing work guys on the new update, thanks so much.

I just had one question which frviana mentioned, I also see some pixelation around words and icons in AA, I saw this in the previous version too. I have the 10.2" screen and wondered if this is due to this firmware not being quite the correct resolution for this screen, could this be why?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:48 AM   #3925
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ah sorry I thought with the earlier post someone said using the Bummertech MCU sorted all! What's the chances of ever getting this to work mate?
With Carplay the bimmertech MCU doesn't seem to do anything except make the scroll wheel work backwards.

As for getting it fixed, if Andream, Carplay, RoadTop or Bimmertech bring out an update that fixes this, then there will be a new custom update soon afterwards

But as above we don't have the SDK for the units (we have tried our best to get this, I have even emailed sunplus directly trying to get it), but none of the vendors are willing to share it and none of them seem interested (or even seem to have any idea of how) to fix it themselves.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:51 AM   #3926
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dws199 View Post

I just had one question which frviana mentioned, I also see some pixelation around words and icons in AA, I saw this in the previous version too. I have the 10.2" screen and wondered if this is due to this firmware not being quite the correct resolution for this screen, could this be why?
Probably due to the dpi being increased in AA to make use of the widescreen (as the default settings when switched to widescreen makes it pretty much impossible to read road names in maps from what I understand).
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 08:02 AM   #3927
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dws199 View Post

Can you try and take a picture of it?
It looks fine on my 8.8"
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 08:54 AM   #3928
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
Can you try and take a picture of it?
It looks fine on my 8.8"

Sorry not the best picture but hopefully you can see what I mean around the green and orange text and also round the Google Maps image
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 09:06 AM   #3929
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDHC View Post
Right so been running v2.0.B0.mod for a while now and next to what was in the change log i can confirm the following (all tested on Android Auto):

- calls route through the BWM idrive now (when also connected to BWM via bluetooth)
- which also means the echo is gone!
- i can use steering wheel phone button to pickup and hangup calls
- AA auto day/night works based on cars headlights

Have to say i am running SW v2.0.B0.mod and bimmertech MCU 10.6.18.21 on andream.

It also added another issue someone pointed out earlier which was not present in the previous custom version:
- when a call comes in on AA i am unable to move focus via commander knob to the middle screen and tilt to top to set focus on either hangup or pickup call. Workaround is steering wheel button but just wanted to point out the issue is there and is not fixable via clearing AA cache.
- minor issue; in AA when a call comes through or you call someone, it says "no bluetooth connection" but everything works. I believe it says this because theres no bluetooth connection active to the MMI and things are being handled by idrive.
Just to clarify how you have this set up. Do you have the bluetooth connection to the MMI set for 'media audio' only, and the bluetooth connection to the OEM iDrive is 'phone calls' only? Plus contact sharing to both I guess?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 09:56 AM   #3930
Besty78
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerij101 View Post
Quote:
Right so been running v2.0.B0.mod for a while now and next to what was in the change log i can confirm the following (all tested on Android Auto):

- calls route through the BWM idrive now (when also connected to BWM via bluetooth)
- which also means the echo is gone!
- i can use steering wheel phone button to pickup and hangup calls
- AA auto day/night works based on cars headlights

Have to say i am running SW v2.0.B0.mod and bimmertech MCU 10.6.18.21 on andream.

It also added another issue someone pointed out earlier which was not present in the previous custom version:
- when a call comes in on AA i am unable to move focus via commander knob to the middle screen and tilt to top to set focus on either hangup or pickup call. Workaround is steering wheel button but just wanted to point out the issue is there and is not fixable via clearing AA cache.
- minor issue; in AA when a call comes through or you call someone, it says "no bluetooth connection" but everything works. I believe it says this because theres no bluetooth connection active to the MMI and things are being handled by idrive.
Just to clarify how you have this set up. Do you have the bluetooth connection to the MMI set for 'media audio' only, and the bluetooth connection to the OEM iDrive is 'phone calls' only? Plus contact sharing to both I guess?
absolutely awesome job guys i love it although have a few questions please

what's reverse cam alternative

it doesn't recognise the bimmertec mcu

i need a password to connect to the wifi? can't use autolink
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #3931
vennids
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 5

Quote:

- calls route through the BWM idrive now (when also connected to BWM via bluetooth
Is this enabled by default and is it possible to disable it? Some of us don't have bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:13 AM   #3932
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Anyone have a good suggestion on an alternative vendor than Andream for the hardware?

I bought an Andream unit 6 weeks ago direct from their website store and it's been a bit of a pain in the rear ever since. Their shipping company lost the package in the US (no movement in over 3 weeks) and the guys over at Andream have basically washed their hands of the situation saying there's nothing they can do about it because they can't track the package.

I'd probably caution others from purchasing direct from their web store as well or just use another version.

The whole reason for going with Andream was that it appeared to be better supported especially among a lot of the custom firmware work going on but now it's looking like that's less important now.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #3933
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty78 View Post

it's not showing any bluetooth connection to the mmi ?
what's reverse cam alternative - no idea (didn't see to change anything when I tried it)

it doesn't recognise the bimmertec mcu - it does, do not rename it, they name it upgrade_mmi.bin for a reason

i need a password to connect to the wifi? can't use autolink - don't need it with carplay but iirc the password for the wifi is 12345678

it's not showing any bluetooth connection to the mmi - no idea don't have an android
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2020, 10:18 AM   #3934
Besty78
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty78 View Post

it's not showing any bluetooth connection to the mmi ?
what's reverse cam alternative - no idea (didn't see to change anything when I tried it)

it doesn't recognise the bimmertec mcu - it does, do not rename it, they name it upgrade_mmi.bin for a reason

i need a password to connect to the wifi? can't use autolink - don't need it with carplay but iirc the password for the wifi is 12345678

it's not showing any bluetooth connection to the mmi - no idea don't have an android
thanks for the answers dude

i paired the bluetooth in the end

thanks for the password

i didn't change the filename of the mcu mate
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:29 AM   #3935
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Quote:
Mine doesnt!? It uses idrive for phonecalls now 100% confirmed! No echo, can accept using steering wheel and see the callers number in my cluster when running AA!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:32 AM   #3936
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerij101 View Post
I dont have a bluetooth connection to the MMI at all. Not sure it uses it in the beginning probably does but only to start up Wifi.

To idrive my bluetooth connection is set to calls and audion, i got the other 2 off as i dont care about messages or contacts in my idrive, got AA for that.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:33 AM   #3937
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennids View Post
Is this enabled by default and is it possible to disable it? Some of us don't have bluetooth
No, but i guess by not updating to the newest custom release but use your vendors release instead.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:57 AM   #3938
Minims
Rep
Drives: F54 Cooper S

Quote:
Ahh yes bimmertech have removed the screen "scrap" options (completely forgot about that when I decided to create the mini version).

Nothing we can do about that sadly, unless bimmertech add those options in a future update.

Is there a parameter we can set in an ini file for the MINI version ? Don't know, just asking.
Don't need the menu, but if we can hard coding this in the fw, it would be ok I think.

EDIT : Maybe a Andream FW base for MINI can be a work around too. Do know how much work it need. V1.0 on 2.1.0.7 was OK but with BMW Logos ;-).
Appreciate 0