F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
proTUNING Freaks

08-04-2020, 10:49 PM   #3983
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMA 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by frviana View Post
Is there a way to have AA not changing to Night mode when lights turns on? I don't like the dark mode. Running Custom 2 btw.
I haven't tried it myself, but you can try changing the setting to "Day" under "Day/Night in AA developer settings.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:49 PM   #3984
flausatu
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by frviana View Post
Is there a way to have AA not changing to Night mode when lights turns on? I don't like the dark mode. Running Custom 2 btw.
U have that option in AA-DEVELOPER SETTINGS-DAY/NIGHT
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 11:00 PM   #3985
ngiannitsaros
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d

Can we please have the custom rom for RoadTop CIC also? I only need the widescreen mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 11:32 PM   #3986
jluzbet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535 & F15 X5

Just got my box and finished the install on a f15, looks like I have the new version just need to uodate tomorrow, I feel it sluggish at times is it like that?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 04:37 AM   #3987
jaypayne05
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluzbet View Post
Just got my box and finished the install on a f15, looks like I have the new version just need to uodate tomorrow, I feel it sluggish at times is it like that?
When you update to the new software it will be much more responsive
      08-05-2020, 05:38 AM   #3988
cjattard
Rep
Drives: i8

just a quick observation I had set my wifi channel to 6 on the new software - like I did with the Andream software and the performance on the new software was not usable - 1-2 second lag for control movements to update on the screen - i changed the value to 36 and its as smooth as an otter again.

Perhaps something sorted itself under the reboot - but if anyone is having performance issues on the custom firmware do try changing the wifi channel.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 06:04 AM   #3989
CARR601
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjattard View Post
just a quick observation I had set my wifi channel to 6 on the new software - like I did with the Andream software and the performance on the new software was not usable - 1-2 second lag for control movements to update on the screen - i changed the value to 36 and its as smooth as an otter again.

Perhaps something sorted itself under the reboot - but if anyone is having performance issues on the custom firmware do try changing the wifi channel.
Had frequent disconnections on 6. Changed to 36, been fine ever since.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 06:14 AM   #3990
Furbz
Rep
Drives: Possible X5 50i

I'm really struggling with my Android not using Mobile data when connected to the MMI.
i have gone into settings on my phone and enabled "switch to mobile data" - use mobile data whenever your WI-FI internet is connection is slow or unstable.

this has not worked as when i am connected to the MMI wifi i am still offline and unable to stream or use maps correctly.
on my phone i also have no connection if i try search anything in google.
so no data is coming through at all.
if i disconnect the WIFI i get data perfectly over mobile network.

Samsung S10
Android 10

v2.0.0.B0.mod
20.6.2.0 (i never changed this from its original)

any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Furbz; 08-05-2020 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 06:34 AM   #3991
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Having tried v2.0.0.B0.mod I think I may go back to v1.0.A0.mod.

I couldn't get a reliable wireless connection to AA whilst also being connected to the OEM bluetooth (though when it did work it was great). And my Pixel 3 wouldn't auto-connect to AA. With v1, when you plugged in an Android phone via USB it took you through the full AA setup including wireless. But with v2 it doesn't take you through the wireless part of the setup.

I also notice 'OK Google' works but doesn't understand what I'm saying, whereas in v1 it worked fine.

And the text on Google Maps is a little pixelated. I know it's not a big deal.

v2 also seemed a little 'laggy' but that may be my perception.

Great work though!

EDIT: Seems to be working after a reboot of everything.

Last edited by cerij101; 08-05-2020 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: Privacy
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 06:59 AM   #3992
scotsdave
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Great work version 2 is perfection for me!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 07:08 AM   #3993
propernorf
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 16' M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propernorf View Post
Hello, there guys grat work you doing here. I have a question regarding the customer version. Will it work with The newer andream unites or is it not compatible;e.
Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 07:11 AM   #3994
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by propernorf View Post
Anyone?
It will, but if you use it, you can not go back to the newer software, which means you are stuck with the custom firmware forever.

And therefore if updates for the older units (which the custom firmware is based on) stop, then you will no longer get updates for your new unit either.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 07:36 AM   #3995
LJT
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbz View Post
I'm really struggling with my Android not using Mobile data when connected to the MMI.
i have gone into settings on my phone and enabled "switch to mobile data" - use mobile data whenever your WI-FI internet is connection is slow or unstable.

this has not worked as when i am connected to the MMI wifi i am still offline and unable to stream or use maps correctly.
on my phone i also have no connection if i try search anything in google.
so no data is coming through at all.
if i disconnect the WIFI i get data perfectly over mobile network.

Samsung S10
Android 10

v2.0.0.B0.mod
20.6.2.0 (i never changed this from its original)

any help will be greatly appreciated
I was struggling with the same problem und I may have found a solution just today. I "forgot" the Andreams WiFi on my phone and connected manually to it over the WirelessProjection or something (don't know the correct name, second icon I guess, had to fill the 7x"8" as SSID-password). When I connected to it, I had a pop-up saying that this WiFi has no internet connection and I choose the option to switch to mobile data. I disconnected the WiFi and switched to AA. After a very short time, my phone showed the message with "no internet over WiFi" and I chose the option to activate mobile data again. I haven' tested it a lot but the last 3 times I checked, this worked. Maybe you can try it and give me feedback. Or perhaps another solution, if you find one
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 08:16 AM   #3996
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
The scroll wheel is backwards for everything in carplay with the bimmertech mcu.

The 20.6.2 mcu from andream / carlinkit works fine and the scroll wheel works the correct way in carplay.
so can we use that mcu with the latest custom firmware? i thought we could only use bt mcu with it
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 08:26 AM   #3997
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
so can we use that mcu with the latest custom firmware? i thought we could only use bt mcu with it
Yes I am using the "normal" mcu with the latest custom fw.

But to flash that mcu now, you will have to update your unit to andream / carlinkit firmware first, then update the mcu then flash back to the custom firmware.
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #3998
Furbz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
I was struggling with the same problem und I may have found a solution just today. I "forgot" the Andreams WiFi on my phone and connected manually to it over the WirelessProjection or something (don't know the correct name, second icon I guess, had to fill the 7x"8" as SSID-password). When I connected to it, I had a pop-up saying that this WiFi has no internet connection and I choose the option to switch to mobile data. I disconnected the WiFi and switched to AA. After a very short time, my phone showed the message with "no internet over WiFi" and I chose the option to activate mobile data again. I haven' tested it a lot but the last 3 times I checked, this worked. Maybe you can try it and give me feedback. Or perhaps another solution, if you find one
gave it a whirl and it's a no go on my side.. damn.

i'm tempted to factory reset my phone - it has been a while and i find it often helps with these bugs.
maybe that will help.
i'll wait to see if someone else has a solution before i resort to resetting the phone fully. its such a nightmare setting everything back up again
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:23 AM   #3999
LJT
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:

i'm tempted to factory reset my phone - it has been a while and i find it often helps with these bugs.
maybe that will help.
i'll wait to see if someone else has a solution before i resort to resetting the phone fully. its such a nightmare setting everything back up again
Ah damn...
Yeah factory reset is a real pain. But it often helps. Another tip i read was, that you could look into Androids (OS) App settings and deactivate the option for AA to use WiFi-Data.

And just beacause I'm curious: Did you not get the dialogue to choose mobile data when connecting to AA or did you not get to activate mobile data despite choosing so in the dialogue?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:24 AM   #4000
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Quote:

maybe that will help.
Have you tried setting "Mobile data always on" in Developer Options on your phone?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #4001
Furbz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
Ah damn...
Yeah factory reset is a real pain. But it often helps. Another tip i read was, that you could look into Androids (OS) App settings and deactivate the option for AA to use WiFi-Data.

And just beacause I'm curious: Did you not get the dialogue to choose mobile data when connecting to AA or did you not get to activate mobile data despite choosing so in the dialogue?
i did. although mine was a little different.
mine came up saying it will use Mobile data as this wifi does not have a internet connection. and gave me the path to turn it off if i wanted.
still no luck though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dws199 View Post
Have you tried setting "Mobile data always on" in Developer Options on your phone?
yep, even that did not work...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:42 AM   #4002
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMA 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARR601 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjattard View Post

Had frequent disconnections on 6. Changed to 36, been fine ever since.
I always get the best performance using ch 149.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 10:07 AM   #4003
yulian
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Yep, it's an AA thing not caused by the mmi or sw. Try clearing cache and data from the AA, Google, and Google Play Services apps.
Thank you! Cleaning cache, rebooting and disabling day/night switch in AA developer mode helped to get back cursor in AA. Maybe this one should go to FAQ?

And my new question to get perfection)))

Maybe someone have MCU 19.12.12 for Bimmertech firmware? I want to try it with v2.0.0.B0.mod because only this MCU makes button "back" working and bringing me back to NBT menu. Have tried andream MCU's even with renaming to fool bimmertech firmware but it doesn't want to flash.

P.S. Have tried all flashable bimmertech MCU's from first page - no luck. (

Last edited by yulian; 08-05-2020 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 10:31 AM   #4004
yulian
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by berman95 View Post
Were you able to fix the menu switching issue? I have two separate carlink units and nothing I try will get the menu or back button working to switch to the NBT menus. Regardless of the setting in the menus for the back button I have no way to switch between the carlink and the NBT menus.

Try MCU 19.12.12 it works for me but only with "original" carlinkit firmware versions.

Last edited by yulian; 08-05-2020 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0