F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Extreme Powerhouse

08-06-2020, 06:45 AM   #4027
Glayham
Rep
Drives: BMW 435I M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty78 View Post
is there only 2 wires at the camera end ? basically the blue is the trigger wire and the red and black are the pos / ground to power the camera
Yeah there are only 2 wires at the camera end and 3 at the front??

as in the diagram
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:47 AM   #4028
Besty78
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glayham View Post
Quote:
is there only 2 wires at the camera end ? basically the blue is the trigger wire and the red and black are the pos / ground to power the camera
Yeah there are only 2 wires at the camera end and 3 at the front??

as in the diagram
ok , it's different to mine , so yes connect the red and black to the mmi unit for power , the blue for trigger and the rca and it should work mate , obviously test it all before putting it back together , go through the mmi settings then reboot , start the car and go into reverse
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:54 AM   #4029
Glayham
Rep

Quote:
ok , it's different to mine , so yes connect the red and black to the mmi unit for power , the blue for trigger and the rca and it should work mate , obviously test it all before putting it back together , go through the mmi settings then reboot , start the car and go into reverse
Cheers for the help mate. I'll give that a go and let you know
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 07:09 AM   #4030
Glayham
Rep

Quote:
Brilliant. Thats all working!! Cheers for the help
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 07:39 AM   #4031
Besty78
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glayham View Post
Quote:
Brilliant. Thats all working!! Cheers for the help
i love it when a plan comes together
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 09:46 AM   #4032
Mollyran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 220i

Just to make sure I understand.
I currently using carlin mcu and custom v1 and actually really happy with it (no echo on calls after playing with the setting) so i am really happy with it. The only thing i would like to change is auto connect to AA.

1. So I need to install v2.0.B0.mod and then bimmertech MCU?
2. If I would like to go back, I need to install carlink MCU and then custom V1 or carlinkit firmware?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 09:49 AM   #4033
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyran View Post
Just to make sure I understand.
I currently using carlin mcu and custom v1 and actually really happy with it (no echo on calls after playing with the setting) so i am really happy with it. The only thing i would like to change is auto connect to AA.

1. So I need to install v2.0.B0.mod and then bimmertech MCU?
2. If I would like to go back, I need to install carlink MCU and then custom V1 or carlinkit firmware?

Thanks.
No you do not need the bimmertech mcu
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 10:15 AM   #4034
sass24
Rep
Drives: BMW 535

Bimmertech MCU uses Steering wheel buttons option, what ise very terrible and not possible switch it on/off. No suggest install this MCU. Flashing back to AA MCU is not possible with Bimmertech FW.

Last edited by sass24; 08-06-2020 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #4035
evilFive
Rep
Drives: i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE26M3 View Post
Sorry if this was answered, but I have the Andream system and I have a few comments/questions that maybe you guys could help with. I apologize in advance, but I searched the thread and couldnt find exactly what I was looking for.

I have the Andream unit in my F10 M5 and installed it perfectly.
SDK: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
MCU: 20.4.2.14 (downloaded the MCU 20.06.02.zip...need to know how to upload to unit)

I use Apple Carplay as well through my iPhone 10.

1. Wifi shows on my phone as Carplay but says below it No Internet Data Available. PW is 8888888. Anyone have this issue?

Stop doing that, your WiFi should appear to be off as CarPlay has taken over. Go to your WiFi settings and forget the WiFi connection you manually connected to.

2. Phone calls come in on the Carplay, but when I call someone or use my calls through carplay I cant hear anyone but they can hear me. Also, sometimes if I answer through carplay the call immediately drops.

If I use my calls and have it connected through the BMW BT, both work.

This and #3 indicates you have some connection problem, try reseating the cables on the MMI box and the QuadLock on the head unit. Although from your description it does sound like the microphone is working correctly, just not routing the "speaker" side.

That said, I have removed my BMW BT connection as all calls route through CarPlay now and others have suggested the same.

3. USB plug doesnt seem to work but all connections are secure

What isn't working? Are you trying to load a video or music from it? Or upload the firmware?

4. How do I upload the latest firmware into the Andream unit? I downloaded MCU 20.06.02

This has definitely been addressed in the first threads, you need to format a thumb drive and place the contents of the zip file at the root of that thumb drive. As in, unzip the file and place the ISPBOOOT.BIN and upgrade.bin files not the .ZIP file.

5. Airplay doesnt recognize because the wifi doesnt have internet data

See #1.

Seeing if anyone could help and MUCH APPRECIATED.
See answers in red.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #4036
jacobtc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I would try using the bimmertech mcu with version 2. I am. I will also see if I can replicate the issue during my morning commute tomorrow.
Still does it after installing the newest Bimmertech MCU, so for now I have auto switch AUX off.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 01:44 PM   #4037
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobtc View Post
Quote:
I would try using the bimmertech mcu with version 2. I am. I will also see if I can replicate the issue during my morning commute tomorrow.
Still does it after installing the newest Bimmertech MCU, so for now I have auto switch AUX off.
I had the same issue. Hopefully bimmertech resolves it at some point.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #4038
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Custom software

Hi Cossie/Firefly
Wonder if you can answer a query or two. I am now running the Custom S/W v2.0 and the latest Bimmertech MCU. I have been getting told that when I make/receive a call (iPhone XR) the other person is getting an echo of their voice. Not Had that before. I noticed in the settings the following options:
Microphone Volume
Microphoe OP Gain
Microphone PGA Gain
Microphone AEC Delay
Microphone AEC Quality

After a quick Google AEC seems to be for correcting echo issues with Microphones in general. It is default set to 0 but has a range of 0-20. I have tried setting it to 10 and so far seems to have improved.

Am I on the right track with this?
Also, any idea what the other settings are for (other than the obvious volume)?

Cheers and thanks again for a superb piece of work with this Custom S/W

Last edited by contracts34; 08-06-2020 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Updated
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      08-06-2020, 04:05 PM   #4039
jjra
Rep
Drives: E90 > F48

Hi all,

I noticed that, in AA, multimedia content doesn't resume automatically. I double checked this option in AA car settings and in AA phone options, and it is activated in both cases, but it doesn't resume automatically after reconnection. I have to do it manually.

I'm using new custom V2 version and the last Bimmertech MCU.

Can someone help me to solve this little issue?

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:56 PM   #4040
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Using the custom v2, I noticed that the autolaunch doesn't work if you're in PDC view when the unit tries to switch. Not a big deal, just hold menu button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjra View Post
Hi all,

I noticed that, in AA, multimedia content doesn't resume automatically. I double checked this option in AA car settings and in AA phone options, and it is activated in both cases, but it doesn't resume automatically after reconnection. I have to do it manually.

I'm using new custom V2 version and the last Bimmertech MCU.

Can someone help me to solve this little issue?

Thank you in advance.
Your phone might be killing the music service during everyday use of your phone due to memory management. Spotify/Google Music/Pandora/whateveryouuse has to be running in the background for autoresume to work. You can easily use tasker to just automate launching the music app when you connect to the MMI bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 05:31 PM   #4041
eduwinner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30 M

Hi guys, I have only rear PDC (and no button to activate/deactivate in center console).

Mi car has manual transmission and I installed the Custom version 2 by Firefly1337 and cossie1 with latest bimmertech MCU. I have 2 poblems/questions:

1- How do I activate front camera? The camera icon has gone, it was in previows version but that new one doesn't have it and I don'k know how to ativate front camera.

2- My car (BMW 3 series F30) only has rear PDC and there is no button to turn it off/on. When I put reverse gear, PDC sensor starts and it doesn't deactivate even I put neutral or firts gear, PDC only switch off when I move the car forward.
In this case, I can't back to Andream by pressing MENU button even it is working as spotify was running and it sounds when rear PDC stops.

Do you know how to solve these issues?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #4042
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduwinner View Post
Hi guys, I have only rear PDC (and no button to activate/deactivate in center console).

Mi car has manual transmission and I installed the Custom version 2 by Firefly1337 and cossie1 with latest bimmertech MCU. I have 2 poblems/questions:

1- How do I activate front camera? The camera icon has gone, it was in previows version but that new one doesn't have it and I don'k know how to ativate front camera.

2- My car (BMW 3 series F30) only has rear PDC and there is no button to turn it off/on. When I put reverse gear, PDC sensor starts and it doesn't deactivate even I put neutral or firts gear, PDC only switch off when I move the car forward.
In this case, I can't back to Andream by pressing MENU button even it is working as spotify was running and it sounds when rear PDC stops.

Do you know how to solve these issues?
1 - Press and hold the option button.

2 - Afaik pressing menu should work, but maybe press and hold back for 2 seconds will work instead.
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2020, 07:21 PM   #4043
jjra
Rep
Drives: E90 > F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Using the custom v2, I noticed that the autolaunch doesn't work if you're in PDC view when the unit tries to switch. Not a big deal, just hold menu button.

Your phone might be killing the music service during everyday use of your phone due to memory management. Spotify/Google Music/Pandora/whateveryouuse has to be running in the background for autoresume to work. You can easily use tasker to just automate launching the music app when you connect to the MMI bluetooth.
Thank you very much, I'll try that using "Automate", which is very similar to Tasker.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 07:48 PM   #4044
TE26M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nardo Grey M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilFive View Post
See answers in red.
Amazing and much appreciated.

As far as the USB, to clarify it says no device found when plugging in my iphone to it...or is that on purpose?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 09:59 PM   #4045
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by contracts34 View Post
Hi Cossie/Firefly
Wonder if you can answer a query or two.

After a quick Google AEC seems to be for correcting echo issues with Microphones in general. It is default set to 0 but has a range of 0-20. I have tried setting it to 10 and so far seems to have improved.

Am I on the right track with this?
Also, any idea what the other settings are for (other than the obvious volume)?

Cheers and thanks again for a superb piece of work with this Custom S/W
From Bimmertech.....If you will be affected by the echo with the new software removing it can be done in one step. While on a call exit the CarPlay/Android Auto screen by pressing the iDrive controlled BACK button twice in quick succession (like a computer mouse double click) and go to Settings-> Audio and scroll down to Microphone AEC Delay. Start increasing the setting up from 0 in one step increments while having someone test the echo each step of the way on the other side of the phone. Most likely somewhere between 4 and 12 you will find a setting where the echo is gone or at the bare minimum greatly diminished compared to our previous software versions. There shouldn't be a need to adjust any other audio settings. We recommend leaving them at their default setting which are:
Volume: 13
Microphone Volume: 18
Microphone OP Gain: 4
Microphone PGA Gain: 0
Microphone AEC Delay: 0-20
Microphone AEC Quality: 0

Last edited by muniz_ri; 08-06-2020 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2020, 02:01 AM   #4046
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Quote:
From Bimmertech.....If you will be affected by the echo with the new software removing it can be done in one step. While on a call exit the CarPlay/Android Auto screen by pressing the iDrive controlled BACK button twice in quick succession (like a computer mouse double click) and go to Settings-> Audio and scroll down to Microphone AEC Delay. Start increasing the setting up from 0 in one step increments while having someone test the echo each step of the way on the other side of the phone. Most likely somewhere between 4 and 12 you will find a setting where the echo is gone or at the bare minimum greatly diminished compared to our previous software versions. There shouldn't be a need to adjust any other audio settings. We recommend leaving them at their default setting which are:
Volume: 13
Microphone Volume: 18
Microphone OP Gain: 4
Microphone PGA Gain: 0
Microphone AEC Delay: 0-20
Microphone AEC Quality: 0
I must have missed that so thanks very much for the info. Much appreciated and it looks like I was on the right track too.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 02:21 AM   #4047
Cruez
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 / Opel Manta b 1981

For cic users

135€

€ 135,28 29% Off | Auto Draadloze Carplay Activator Android Auto Interface Box Voor-Bmw Cic 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Serie e60 E70 E71 E84 F01 F02 F10
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dX1NIf0
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 03:01 AM   #4048
Furbz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Possible X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbz View Post
gave it a whirl and it's a no go on my side.. damn.

i'm tempted to factory reset my phone - it has been a while and i find it often helps with these bugs.
maybe that will help.
i'll wait to see if someone else has a solution before i resort to resetting the phone fully. its such a nightmare setting everything back up again
Factory reset my phone and all works perfectly.
Must have been some odd setting or app causing the issue.
It now works flawlessly.
Thanks to all who helped

I think people might be to quick to point fingers at the MMI not working correctly when our phones are choaking on a hundred different apps all fighting to work

Last edited by Furbz; 08-07-2020 at 03:26 AM..
Appreciate 0