F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
ARMA SPEED

10-19-2020, 04:35 PM   #1673
rpriscu
Rep
Drives: M2 16

Strange thing is happening to me... the unit is 2 weeks old, everything connected normally, I used the GPS splitter provided since I have Original GPS & Nav.

When I listen to music using the HU, sometimes I hear a POP sound and then the unit goes silent... once I restart the car everything goes back to normal, but I just can't figure out what is happening... it seems to happen without any special reason.

One of my thoughts is maybe Car GPS is a different voltage and causing some power surges?!

Would appreciate your thoughts...

HU is A10, SD 625, 10.25, Ver is 2.2.6
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 04:41 PM   #1674
Mad1Max
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post

Usually I split my android screen for two apps - navi and music or video player.
Mate,

There is a lot of so called a Car Launcher's (the Pro version what i mean) to pick it free from the i-net, especially that Rus made, the paid version is very nice one, i have it used with the px5 in the past.

под 4 глазами...
этот мальчик упрямый взгляд, дал ему чаевые, но он даже не отвечает на это .. по такой причине я не хотел помогать такому мальчику .. почти 10 лет на этом сайте и пока ничего не понял? странно.

Success
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 12:12 AM   #1675
Laiska
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 530XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1Max View Post
Mate,
под 4 глазами...
этот мальчик упрямый взгляд, дал ему чаевые, но он даже не отвечает на это .. по такой причине я не хотел помогать такому мальчику .. почти 10 лет на этом сайте и пока ничего не понял? странно.

Success
Translation:

under 4 eyes ...
this boy stubborn look, gave him a tip, but he doesn't even answer it .. for that reason, I didn't want to help such a boy .. almost 10 years on this site and have not understood anything yet? strange.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 01:10 AM   #1676
TuomoA
Rep
Drives: G30, F22, E82, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laiska View Post
Translation:

under 4 eyes ...
this boy stubborn look, gave him a tip, but he doesn't even answer it .. for that reason, I didn't want to help such a boy .. almost 10 years on this site and have not understood anything yet? strange.
mad1max, First of all, I'm not a boy anymore and second, if you don't want to help me, then don't. That is your own decision, and after all this is a free world.

But back in MY problem.
Already updated the FW to 2.3.0 and check factory settings, no help

When I got the android display, I found that "car launcher" app and it was perfect to me. Really good looking and customizable as you like, very nice. However, it worked a day or two and after that it started to jam my system.
So I need to find similar, but more robust
E46 325ti compact MY01 Topasblue
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:16 AM   #1677
Deem
Registered
Rep
Drives: f21/f36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafan View Post
I just got my unit few days ago but i see that the trip computer in the idrive is not showing any information and the clock is impossible to set, you set it and it reverts back to --:--
Is this normal?
Please help.

HI, I have the same problem. Does anybody know what is wrong? I can see that car has error code:
B7F8C3 - head unit to cid no communication.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 04:28 AM   #1678
krzysiek280
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 FL

Has anyone the newest (or one of the newest) MCU to the dLZH-NBT-GTH head unit? My supplier is doing everything to not give me MCU ("updating MCU is to solve issues", but my issue is not an issue).
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 05:20 AM   #1679
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek280 View Post
Has anyone the newest (or one of the newest) MCU to the dLZH-NBT-GTH head unit? My supplier is doing everything to not give me MCU ("updating MCU is to solve issues", but my issue is not an issue).
Yeah... Andream is massive pain in the back side to get any updates from them. What's your issue just out of curiosity?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 05:54 AM   #1680
GTH
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d f30

Hi to everyone! i new to this forum, i have a problem with my headunit and i would like to ask if someone knows or have a solution. Recently i bought a ''faulty'' headunit from ebay. The seller told me that it doesn't boot in android but the idrive (OEM) is working. I thing its andream 4gb ram 64gb rom, android 9.0 snapdragon 625. I received the HU, installed it on the car, i ask andream seller if they can send me a firmware to fix it. They were very polite and send me a firmware with instructions to try. Boom, the HU is working again. After that, i follow the instruction from here and upgade it to android 10 version 2.3.0. For some unknown reason, i can connect to the android bluetooth for call, its working but when i try with the oem bluetooth, i can make a call, i can hear the opposite side but they cannot hear me. I have BT disable and OEM bluetooth enable in factory settings. I have the HU with the external box if that helps. On the main wiring harness there two short wires hanging out. Any advice?
Thanks George
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 05:58 AM   #1681
krzysiek280
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Yeah... Andream is massive pain in the back side to get any updates from them. What's your issue just out of curiosity?
My problem is that the rear camera is turning off when I'm driving forward and I have to turn the parking mode off and on to continue parking. I know that some other users have the same problem and nothing helped them, but I think it is a good reason to get updates and basically, this is my goal.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 06:06 AM   #1682
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
My problem is that the rear camera is turning off when I'm driving forward and I have to turn the parking mode off and on to continue parking. I know that some other users have the same problem and nothing helped them, but I think it is a good reason to get updates and basically, this is my goal.
Same issue here... all I got back from Andream was "friend, when you put first gear, it will come back to android system, this is normal"

Thing is, it shouldn't be like that and we can all agree here, but Chinese just don't understand the issue
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 06:24 AM   #1683
TuomoA
Rep

Quote:
Same issue here... all I got back from Andream was "friend, when you put first gear, it will come back to android system, this is normal"

Thing is, it shouldn't be like that and we can all agree here, but Chinese just don't understand the issue
Just for curiosity,

where do you need rear camera, when you are driving forward?
E46 325ti compact MY01 Topasblue
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 06:31 AM   #1684
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuomoA View Post

Just for curiosity,

where do you need rear camera, when you are driving forward?
I my case it's not rear view camera, it's PDC but the issue is the same. PDC switches off moments after you put forward gear. While in OEM it stays up till you reach certain speed.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 07:23 AM   #1685
Mad1Max
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Translation:

under 4 eyes ...
Lesson number 1..

Do you know what does it means: Under 4 Eyes? = Don't tell = Don't translate it to anyone.. its a Vodka under 4 eyes matter!

Anyway.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 07:23 AM   #1686
TuomoA
Rep

Quote:
I my case it's not rear view camera, it's PDC but the issue is the same. PDC switches off moments after you put forward gear. While in OEM it stays up till you reach certain speed.
Ok, now I understand. Agreed the behavior of OEM PDC, thus it is adjustable either speed or meters at least F10 has.
In my android (Andream as well) PDC will keep ON maybe too long after I switched from R to D. It is not switch off immediately? To be honest, I haven't tested it now since updated FW, hopefully that didn't change it
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #1687
Laiska
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 530XDA

Quote:
Mate,

There is a lot of so called a Car Launcher's (the Pro version what i mean) to pick it free from the i-net, especially that Rus made, the paid version is very nice one, i have it used with the px5 in the past.

под 4 глазами...

Success
Quote:
Lesson number 1..

Do you know what does it means: Under 4 Eyes? = Don't tell = Don't translate it to anyone.. its a Vodka under 4 eyes matter!

Anyway.
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/an...nt.php?f=8&a=2

Here are some basic rules to keep this forum a fun place for everyone.

1) Respect. By far the most important rule here. Through the generations of BMW, enthusiasts have come together for the love of the car and the community. So the basic rules of real life apply here, show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Don't bash someone else here because you feel like it. Derogatory or insulting remarks will not be tolerated. This applies to all corners of the site - including posts, profile visitor messages, and thread tags
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 11:36 AM   #1688
Mad1Max
Banned
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Here are some basic rules to keep this forum a fun place for everyone
And you are the lawyer of this forum? who made your kind as a mod on this site? you yourself?
have nothing else to do except mistranslations?
where is your contribute to this forum while you have been on this forum for 5 years long, besides whining stupidly like a little child who didn't get his candy?.

Stick your nose into your own -bmw- business... this is lesson number 2!

EDIT:

Talking about Respect: first, if you had read my earlier message with your thick reading glasses good -?- then you and many like your kind would have seen my too kind advice in my answer to him. I kindly advised him to update to the latest version of A10 and to look into the factory settings, maybe he could have found what he was looking for in there? so where is my DisRespect to him?
but he has ignored my advice and or my kind reply to him and from there I written the following to our forum kamarad:
Dieses jung ist ein übermütig..
but google translated it differently and that was not even my fault.. well do you have understood mister the forum lawyer now?

Das ist guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud junge.

If I am not mistaken?...
You had such a kindisch (childish) whining bullsh*it in the past with me on that famous px5 forum when I wiped your a*s and now you come here to take some revenge after all those (5) years?.. Right?

Well.. that's it for today.

Schlaf gut = Sleep well.

Last edited by Mad1Max; 10-20-2020 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: For the sake of clarity...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:52 PM   #1689
Popo
Bobafett
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328 Msport Xdrive

BUYER BE WARE!
Do not buy from Autotechpro. Com. I ordered and paid for their high resolution 1920x720p display. They shipped me the 1280x480p display. Most of my emails and text messages to them to try and resolve the matter went unanswered. When they did get back to me, they tried to tell me that I was mistaken. That continued for several days until I showed them screenshots of my current resolution. They said they would ship me the correct display. That didn't happen after another week of texting and emailing them. They finally said they'll send me the difference in cost but that still hasn't occurred yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 03:44 PM   #1690
gippy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i, pre-LCI, w/MPPSK

GPS splitter

- is it possible to connect the car's internal GPS to the head unit, or do they only work with a separate GPS receiver?

- can the head unit piggy back off the phone's GPS? say if i use android auto, does android auto use the GPS from the separate GPS receiver or the phone?

i only want android auto and don't care about anything else, but i can't use MMI as i have ID5, so not supported.

Last edited by gippy; 10-20-2020 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 04:18 AM   #1691
GTH
Rep

Quote:
I received today the latest NBT MCU for andream HU from an Andream reseller...

NBT MCU download link:

https://mega.nz/file/eMhwWKBb#7Cy5IN...0TUXXZSs7Ied8U
Appreciate 4
Kri1083.50
RedErik1020.50
Stainy262.00
      10-21-2020, 04:58 AM   #1692
TuomoA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTH View Post
I received today the latest NBT MCU for andream HU from an Andream reseller...

NBT MCU download link:

https://mega.nz/file/eMhwWKBb#7Cy5IN...0TUXXZSs7Ied8U
Nice. Have you already test it?

Tuomo
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 05:23 AM   #1693
farid.elmjabber
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mercedes W204

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamipanther View Post
Chatted with GreenYi customer service, which is very good.

I did reinstall the MCU, the same; Since both 1080p cameras have the exact same quality, It is highly unlikely the camera problem.

Yesterday, when I chat with GreenYi, it turned out it can only be up to AHD720p if the camera is configured as front camera. So I am going to return both 1080p and get 720p instead since I need to match both. I am going to test AHD720p, if it doesn't work well, I can at least figure them both as regular CVBS720p.

When I have time in next couple of days, I will draw how to configure the front camera and rear camera and share it, there is no much information how to setup front camera online; It's a simple setup and works just like OEM PDC.
hello, can you tell me how you connected the front camera?
I tried to connect the camera with the rca Video in cable, the power supply to the Camera +12 cable, but I could not get it to work neither with F-Cam nor with the DVR app nor with the adas DVR app
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 05:32 AM   #1694
GTH
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuomoA View Post
Nice. Have you already test it?

Tuomo
I'm waiting for confirmation regarding the file name.
Shall i rename it to 'ksw_mcu.bin' or just 'ksw_mcu' because the file is already.bin?
Thanks
Appreciate 0